Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    Nope. Sorry I've cancelled your order. You know you aren't allowed to enjoy games without community approval.

Comment

• And you also have to spend the weekend with Rick Hunter.

Comment

• Since when can the lazy port of a good game not be enjoyed?
        Last edited by Rick Hunter; 11-28-2014, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• So... considering the Japanese version has English voices and text..

can it be played on a PAL PS4 for example.. as in Region Free - without hacking or whatever?

Or should I just wait till the PAL release (they might add some fixes as they sometimes do between regions or something I dunno) plus Weskers Report will hopefully be included in English lol
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• It hasn't been released on PS4, only on PS3 and 360. Both PS3 and PS4 are region free (with the exception of Persona 4 Arena).

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
              It hasn't been released on PS4, only on PS3 and 360. Both PS3 and PS4 are region free (with the exception of Persona 4 Arena).
              The majority of Xbox One games are now region free, as well. The 360 version of this is also region free however it requires jumping through more hoops to access the Japanese marketplace on 360 and you then need Japanese points cards to complete the purchase. XboxOne actually just allows you to switch regions for your profile by changing system languages. But if you go through all the work, you can download Resident Evil Remastered on Xbox360 now and play it all in English (aside from some bonus content in the Gallery).

Comment

• Opening cutscene comparison. GC version looks a bit stretched in some parts but you can still see how much sharper and clearer the remaster looks. This is exactly how the GC version looks on my HDTV so it's nice to see this comparison.

Comment

• Stretched? I think you mean anamorphic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                    Stretched? I think you mean anamorphic.
                    At 1:45 you can see what I'm talking about, but yes, both comparisons are a bit condensed. Still, the video does it's job at showing you the blurriness of the GC version.

Comment

• Noticeable improvement, not a mere upscale job. I'm not blown away, but I'm comfortably content.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                        FluffyQuack first impressions video:

If you pay attention youll notice when he gets back to the mansion the first and second floor revisited music is playing at 3x speed.

Another thing that perplexes me- When in a boss battle room, Chris's shotgun aiming animation changes from hip to shoulder. This must have been the same for the original because a change like that would have been too much work for these guys.

ADD-Upper Lab theme is also super fast. That makes 3 tracks. Anyone else catch another?
                        Last edited by NEOMEGA; 11-30-2014, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• I haven't noticed that, but CAPCOM did add in the quick reload feature. In one of Fluffy Quacks videos, more specifically in the aqua ring. He makes room for picking up the revolver rounds by shooting 5 handgun bullets and then reloading the 5 remaining rounds. He had a clip with five rounds in it, just for clarification. He did not transition to a menu when doing this so it does appear CAPCOM added this in.

EDIT:

It's in the video below at 19:00.

Last edited by Zombie_X; 11-30-2014, 10:21 PM.
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                            Another thing that perplexes me- When in a boss battle room, Chris's shotgun aiming animation changes from hip to shoulder. This must have been the same for the original because a change like that would have been too much work for these guys.
                            That was in the original. I specifically remember it in the second Yawn boss fight, he held the shotgun at his shoulder a la RE4.

Comment

• My life is complete...for now.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                                My life is complete...for now.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                Kick ass, man. I'm getting the collector's edition with the art book and map, I'll take some pics whenever it gets here.

Comment

Working...
                                X