Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
    I must admit watching it can be alittle disorientating when moving between rooms. The door gives you a reason to focus on the centre of the screen again after running to a door that may be off centre.

I wonder if you could create a better floor with very short door animations and faster fade up / fade down times when doors are used.
    To be honest, I think I've played REmake so many times that disorientation isn't really much of a problem for me anymore. I know where the camera angles are placed even before entering the room. I do agree that shorter door animations would be a nice alternative to completely cutting them out though. Either that or cut them out completely and introduce a slight delay between the fade in and fade out.

I actually found arranged mode easier. I managed to get the rocket launcher in arranged before the original mode. I think I beat arranged un a little over 2 and a half hours and original in like slightly under 3 (once I was finally able to earn the rocket launcher). Remake I did it in 4 hours and 40 minutes. Those were the good old days.
    Really? I always found Arrange mode more tense since there were a lot more zombies and they dealt more damage. Jill dies in like two bites in Arrange mode. That... and it's a refreshing way of replaying the game again, if you've already played it before, since a lot of item and enemy placements are different. With the REmaster, I'm just playing the game again in... HD. No changes whatsoever. I'm hoping that the modding community will find ways of changing the room data.
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-19-2015, 10:55 AM.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

Barry and Wesker campaigns would be brilliant DLC if they featured other characters moving through the mansion in real time.
      This is an idea I've long thought would have tipped the Remaster over the original for me, atleast- a Barry and/or Wesker scenario having goals of their own that still would have remained flush with the storyline. It probably could have been even feasible without the original assets, but would have also likely required significantly more time/funds than Capcom wanted to invest in. Looking at elementary errors in how the score came out, and other visual...'discrepancies', I don't think this would be remotely in their radar unless the release sold well. Verrry well.

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
      I actually found arranged mode easier. I managed to get the rocket launcher in arranged before the original mode. I think I beat arranged un a little over 2 and a half hours and original in like slightly under 3 (once I was finally able to earn the rocket launcher). Remake I did it in 4 hours and 40 minutes. Those were the good old days.
      The DC 'arrange' mode I recall playing, had Jill taking extra damage, in conjunction with their being added Hunters in many areas. You're damn good if you found that an easier playthrough than vanilla 'original' mode. However, on the Chris arrange playthrough, doesn't he obtain the C Python before leaving the mansion? That was the one part that seemed more forgiving.
      The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• I finally completed 'Arrange' with Chris last year, after abandoning finding it too hard as a teen when DC first came out, and it was the most fun I have had with RE for ages. The only problem with Chris' campaign is that Rebecca doesn't add any weight to the story in the same way Barry does with Jill.

Looking back at the DC, I wish it took a few more risks with enemy placement. The two biggest additions were Forest coming back as a zombie and some camera angle changes to the room SE of the main hall that had the map in the vase of the statue. And both of those were given away in preview shows. Richard coming back as a zombie, if you get past Yawn without being bitten, would have been a great surprise, as well as a Zombie Wesker towards the end, and maybe bring something like the Spiders in earlier. They were always a visually impressive enemy that lacked substance because they could be easily bypassed.
        "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• They actually changed a dozen or so rooms. Some merely got the camera angles changed, while others got the lighting and textures redone. They just don't stand out too much, unless you compare them side-by-side with the original. Here's one that stands out a lot though:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BIOHAZARD_1.0_554.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	403857Click image for larger version

Name:	DIRECTORS_CUT132.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	403858

There's a few more, like the room with a window in the library and the outdoor passage with the celestial crests, that got changed quite a bit.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• In truth most changes weren't better, merely different, but enough to add flavor and variety. The ones that impact gameplay itself the most, imo, were the two angle changes in west hallway staircase, and the two for courtyard, just outside crest passage.

They were tasteful with pretty much all changes; breaking one of the crests in two, adding more hunters (best change is here...hunters added to West 2nd Floor blue hall were far scarier). The most important change though, might be how they arranged the items in such a way to make the experience more noticeably different apart from some angle substitutes. You can't gloss over some rooms like you can in original, which is also why DC seemed to be the more 'refined' playthrough of the two.

I've mentioned this before, but the power getting cut from the mansion when you were in dormitory was the most interesting rumor I have heard regarding 1. Any number of reasons could have prevented it, but it sounds terrifying in concept alone.
            The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• I must admit I don't remember the changes to the west hall stair cases or court yards. Do anyone know any good links to comparison shots of all the room changes between the original and DC?

Also, regarding the REMaster, when you go into Aim Mode, does the game revert back to "Tank Controls", i.e, left & right = rotate, up & down = raise & lower aim?

Comment

• People, in order to celebrate the PC release, ive picked up these bits from Wayback machine:

There is a lot of developer's info there, lots of text so i can't post it here, sad that wayback machine is slow.

Sad that the music bug made its way through the pc version, in which 4k is supported, idk how:

Last edited by yurieu; 01-19-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burt Mustin View Post
                  In truth most changes weren't better, merely different, but enough to add flavor and variety. The ones that impact gameplay itself the most, imo, were the two angle changes in west hallway staircase, and the two for courtyard, just outside crest passage.

They were tasteful with pretty much all changes; breaking one of the crests in two, adding more hunters (best change is here...hunters added to West 2nd Floor blue hall were far scarier). The most important change though, might be how they arranged the items in such a way to make the experience more noticeably different apart from some angle substitutes. You can't gloss over some rooms like you can in original, which is also why DC seemed to be the more 'refined' playthrough of the two.

I've mentioned this before, but the power getting cut from the mansion when you were in dormitory was the most interesting rumor I have heard regarding 1. Any number of reasons could have prevented it, but it sounds terrifying in concept alone.
                  Wait explain this mansion power being cut thing? I'm a little behind but it sounds creepy as fuck!

Comment

• Just a heads up comparison between localized (NA/English) version & Import (Asia/HK/JP) version.

- No Wesker Report 1 & 2 in localized version under 'Gallery' mode.
                    - No Japanese VAs as an option in localized versions, Japanese/Asian version has both VAs as an option, only a wider variety of subtitle language options.

Twitter picture comparison sample that I took from the 'Gallery' (Extras) menu I took between versions.

Pretty disappointed on the omitted features/extras...they could have just slapped it in there and call it a day, as for the WR 1 & 2...not even recast 'D.C. Douglas' just slap english subs.

Steam version can be ran at 60 FPS, you have an option to change the FPS under video settings, no 'special' tweaking required!

Got that from watching 'FluffyQuack' stream right now.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

• Hmmm.. for some reason me and MANY others on Steam can't run RE HD any better than 10fps due to some major errors in this port.

It can't simply be slow computers and is an issue with the game itself? Anyone else having this? I even changed all the settings to the lowest possible and nothing changed..
                      Capcom better patch this!
                      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• due to some major errors in this port
                        What spec hardware do you have? It's not simply a case of good & bad code affecting performance. Games on PC have to deal with a dazzling amount of hardware and driver combinations.

Comment

What spec hardware do you have? It's not simply a case of good & bad code affecting performance. Games on PC have to deal with a dazzling amount of hardware and driver combinations.
                          Even if it WAS my PC, that would not account for everyone else with super high end desktops not being able to run the game. Every single person has said all cutscenes lag and apparently its something to do with V-Sync like RE4 HD had problems with.. though even turning this off fixes nothing.

Mine is as follows (what I could find out anyway:

Intel(R)Core i5 3210M 2.50Ghz ... 8GB RAM
                          64 bit Windows 8

Which should be plenty to at least run the game (with tweaked settings, like no AA) - games like Tomb Raider Underworld and RE5 and 6 run no problem and those games used a lot of graphics and needed a powerful system to run.

Just a little pissed I paid £15 for something that doesn't run - gonna have to buy again on PS4 now.. fingers crossed I can eventually play the PC port faster
                          (Almost positive it isn't my computer thats the problem here, as I said, tons of others have had the same problems with better PCs than mine)
                          Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 01-20-2015, 04:59 AM.
                          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• I took both the PS4 and PC versions, and it's really hard to play it on PS4 after playing the PC version. 60 fps makes a huge difference and there's zero loading on PC. Zero. The PS4 version has shorter loadings than the PS3 version but they are still too long. They could have done much better, especially when we consider the amount of ram available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                              I took both the PS4 and PC versions, and it's really hard to play it on PS4 after playing the PC version. 60 fps makes a huge difference and there's zero loading on PC. Zero. The PS4 version has shorter loadings than the PS3 version but they are still too long. They could have done much better, especially when we consider the amount of ram available.
                              Quite honestly I don't know why the PS3's loading is as long as it is let alone the PS4...the GC didn't take that long.

I noticed something else in the aqua ring today. Capcom decided to replace the water wave animation on the walls with a new real time rendered effect...except they didn't actually remove the original, they just ditched one of the frames so that you end up with a static wave effect with another plastered on top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                                I took both the PS4 and PC versions, and it's really hard to play it on PS4 after playing the PC version. 60 fps makes a huge difference and there's zero loading on PC. Zero. The PS4 version has shorter loadings than the PS3 version but they are still too long. They could have done much better, especially when we consider the amount of ram available.
                                Do you use SSD on your PC?

PS3/4 slow loading is probably due to slow HDs.

Comment

Working...
                                X