No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm confused with this new screen, why people would mistake Mountain Climbing as Hard mode? Isn't it actually hard? From how they're listed they seem to be I: Hard, II: Normal, III: Easy.
    Mountain climbing - NORMAL
    Hiking - EASY
    Walking - VERY EASY (exclusive to the HD REmaster)

But you basically just proved why they botched this up and turned it into a confusing mess, by mistaking Mountain Climbing as Hard mode. It just isn't very intuitive design. :p
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-16-2015, 09:47 AM.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Should have went like this.

Walking-Very Easy
      Hiking-Easy
      Rock Climbing-Normal
      Mountain Climbing-Hard

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
        Mountain climbing - NORMAL
        Hiking - EASY
        Walking - VERY EASY (exclusive to the HD REmaster)
        WAT?! Very Easy? Dafuq benevolent Capcom... I didn't know they were going to include such thing, I thought they were going to allow Easy, Normal, and Hard from the beginning this time and these were what the three options mean...

Lame and completely pointless decision, since I highly doubt anyone would play on Very Easy, not even first time players.
        Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-16-2015, 11:30 AM.
        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• As I've said a million times in here, "Very Easy" is Japanese easy from the original release. The standard difficulty of all Biohazard titles is easier in Japan than the US versions and has been since the original release in 1996.

In the original release, as Japan always has had an easier version as mentioned, they had the same two options. However their Hard was the equivalent of the easy mode in the US/Europe version. So basically the HD version just allows all three. Thusly:

Walking = Japanese Easy
          Hiking = Japanese Hard / US & Euro Easy
          Climbing = US & Euro Hard

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
          This is definitely not a version for purists:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9893[/ATTACH]

"But don't worry, we made sure not to change anything that made the original the classic that it is.
          You don't mess with a masterpiece, after all."

They added BSAA costumes... and the Japanese easy mode... and replaced some of the backgrounds with 3D environments... and it's in HD... oh and the control option changes... so of course it's not a "pure" version. If you want that just play the original. That quote is more in line with the idea of the gameplay content and trying to keep the look and control options available to make it play like the original. It's not saying there won't be a single change. That's a weird thing to expect.

Some people are never happy...
          Last edited by Rombie; 01-16-2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
            This is definitely not a version for purists:
            Spoiler:

"But don't worry, we made sure not to change anything that made the original the classic that it is.
            You don't mess with a masterpiece, after all."
            I do believe that when they made the changes to the layout they were attempting to obscure the fact that the original is not widescreen...although this choice does seem a little odd as they didn't bother with the save screen etc. Honestly, if people want "pure" then they should hook up their GC to a CRT so they can enjoy REmake in all its original 4:3 vaseline cam glory. There's nothing wrong with how REmaster plays, you can change the controls to a more original style and it looks great. Purists be damned!
            Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 01-17-2015, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• I guess the reason the Japanese Very Easy mode is there (as well as the new controls) is to attract new players (or those who have only player the RE4 type modern REs)

Shame Hard Mode isn't selectable until the game is beaten on Normal (or easy too I forget?) It comes under 'Once Again' mode - which is like a New Game + .

Still, those new outfits and possible future DLC would be cool to play, and this game has tons of replay value so I'm happy..
              "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• I went digging to see if I could fix the aqua ring's horrid green tint but uh...well...take a look...

Something about the way MT Framework is rendering that particular room perhaps...because the backgrounds themselves are just fine. (Aside from suffering horribly from compression)
                Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 01-17-2015, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• I'm looking at the original unretouched background from the GC rip, and I think the smear filter just made it look worse. The wavey effects on the walls and floors do not look good upscaled. I doubt even the developers thought this was acceptable, but given how large the room is, and with their budget, remaking it much like the Elder Crimson Head dungeon was probably out of the question. :/
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• Well, thanks for the explanation guys. Funny that japanese REs allways had easier difficulty levels when most of the hardcore RE gamers (name speedrunners, no damage, knife only, etc) usually come from Japan, LOL, I allways thought they need actually higher difficulties.
                    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• ^ It's part of what makes knife runs more possible for the Japanese version, is that enemies take slightly less and give out slightly less damage. The major changes in difficulty actually have less to do with that and more to do with the item scale however. The pickups for the ink ribbons give more saves (this was due to an Okamoto complaint that the game was basically an "ink ribbon" hunting game) and ammo pickups are both more frequently found and provide better amounts thank the US version.

As the series got on the Japanese games got difficulty options that the US never got. Code Veronica for example has Easy and Very Easy modes, the latter of which gives you unlimited saves and most of the powerful weapons can be found already in the item box right from the start.

Comment

• Resident Evil 3 was the same way. Gave your handgun as well as the machine gun and a triple pack of first aid sprays. Can't quite remember what was in the item box however.

Comment

• The new controls will pretty much break the game, as far as evading and 'baiting' enemies goes. I suppose that's why they were confident enough as to include an achievement for a knife-only run.
                          Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-17-2015, 10:06 AM.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                            Walking = Japanese Easy
                            Hiking = Japanese Hard / US & Euro Easy
                            Climbing = US & Euro Hard
                            Climbing in the original game means the US normal mode.

Is there a normal mode in Japanese version?

horrendous water in the shark tank(new version):

The ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one remake for the original Resident evil / biohazard is here!This is my full walkthrough through the first resident evil game rema...

Resident Evil 1 Remake - Chris Redfield Playlisthttp://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE6EFBFDE7BF5FA9E&feature=view_allIf you like my video please subscribe...

Good old days when they wanted to make state of the art games.
                            Last edited by yurieu; 01-17-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                              Climbing in the original game means the US normal mode.
                              You're just being pedantic now. Regardless it's the harder of the two modes. It just depends on your outlook as to how those are "named" - thus why people can complain about how unclear the system is. It's either you look at it as easy/normal or easy/hard... either way the Japanese's easiest difficulty is still easier than the US version's easiest... thus the three difficulties and the point still stands.

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                              Resident Evil 3 was the same way. Gave your handgun as well as the machine gun and a triple pack of first aid sprays. Can't quite remember what was in the item box however.
                              Yeah you have pistol, machine gun, a 3x case of FAS, and in the item box is more ammo or at least more gun powders for ammo, more healing items, and ink ribbons IIRC. Code Veronica was my example because I think it was the most extreme I could think of... the overpowered nature and unlimited saves of the VE mode is a joke of a difficulty.
                              Last edited by Rombie; 01-17-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Blurgh, messed up my knife only run, just realised it says no lighter, I've been burning them after stabbing.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X