• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
    My life is complete...for now.
    Pop that sucker in and let us watch!

Comment

• I can now confirm, they added the ability to reload your guns at any time! Hold R1 and press X to reload! But man the controls in the game are wonky on the PS3. Square is the item menu, X is dash/confirm, O is examine/attack. So you have to press O to examine an item then use X to make a yes/no selection.... WTF CAPCOM.

Also the backgrounds don't look as bad as I thought they would. They don't appear over sharpened, but at pretty smooth. They aren't as good as a rerendered one, but that's all they had to work with. I did however notice some stuttering and framerate issues during some cutscenes, but gameplay is a rock solid 30fps.

There are issues with some music playing too fast and higher pitched but hopefully they patch it up.

Otherwise the game looks great. Definitely a nice upgrade from the gamecube version.
      Last edited by Zombie_X; 12-01-2014, 09:56 PM.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Cool, the auto knife back in play now? That was one of th features from RES that I loved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          Cool, the auto knife back in play now? That was one of th features from RES that I loved.
          You mean RE : DS? it seems emoticons betrayed you .
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Yeah they did, lousy emoticons.

Comment

• I have to agree about the PS3 controls. There's like 5 control schemes to choose from and all of them are pretty bad. I'm still not even used to the most suitable one. The ability to reload in game is really nice though, as already said. As for the background quality, not gonna lie, you can tell what backgrounds they still had the original files for and which ones they didn't. So far I'm up to Lisa's cabin and the only background I've seen that is particularly bad is the outside graveyard by the main hall. Other than that, character models look amazing and the sound has been improved. So far pretty good in my book.
              Last edited by CODE_umb87; 12-02-2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• So going back from GC to Wii to PS3 I have to say... This game looks so freaking good! Capcom has started to get good with their HD ports, and I think they did REmake justice. So far so good.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Are any of the control schemes identical to the original button layout of RE1-3?
                  "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                    Are any of the control schemes identical to the original button layout of RE1-3?
                    Not really. All of them are pretty weird layouts. The one I'm using has triangle to open the inventory, circle to examine/open doors, and L1+R1 to shoot. Hopefully this is something they'll change for the worldwide release.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                      the only background I've seen that is particularly bad is the outside graveyard by the main hall.
                      Any chance of a screenshot?

Comment

• That music playing too fast is seriously bothering me... Is it by any chance not happening on the ps3 version?

Comment

• ^ Hmm... this is why I really want to wait until the PAL release - hopefully these things will be fixed or modified?
                          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• European release date and price announced. Think its the same date for USA
                            Capcom's HD remaster of the original Resident Evil launches in Europe on 20th January.The new port costs ?15.99 and arr…

Yeah same date for USA
                            Last edited by _Raziel_; 12-04-2014, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• PC 1080p@60 version, no words can describe it:

Comment

• ^ Ooooh.. I may just get this on PC then - possible modding would be awesome - and at 14.99 - why not
                                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Working...
                                X