No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So anyone else find out which room were remade? So far it seems Crypt Basement, Tiger Statue Room, and the red power room in the lab (this ones the most obvious). Anyone find anymore?

Comment

• Just ordered my copy from playasia......should be here for before xmas, hopefully **fingers crossed**

bad time of the year to order stuff online i suppose, but wanted to get it before it might be hard to find/expensive
      Last edited by Don Piano; 12-11-2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• My packages have been arriving super fast recently! REmake collector's got here in 6 days!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
          So I finally got the game and anyone else notice the frame-rate is kind of....awful? Also all the music cues are fucked up and especially noticeable during cutscenes. I wouldn't say anything is off sync but....you'll see what I mean if you've played the GC one as much as me. So there's the backward ass control, odd frame-rate and the music glitches to fix.... come on Capcom really? American digital better fix these problems or even better, a patch!
          I got my 'Asian/HK' copy from 'Play-Asia' yesterday and I half-assed speedrun the game to see all the changes in one sitting.

A very enjoyable experience! Clear time was at around 7 hours & 30 min, BSAA Jill with Best ending, on Normal difficulty (highest difficulty from the start)...Not bad for not having completed the game in years!

Responding to the above quote, I've noticed some slowdowns during the changes of camera angles, both in gameplay and in cutscenes...hmm, could be that the GC optical discs run at higher revolutions while having faster load times...seems to be a very feasible theory, I expect the digital version to run a lot better in that regard. Also, could be that the game isn't as optimized as it should.

Speaking of redone/revamped/upscaled textures, People are mostly talking about the bad texture work in the 'graveyard'...but that one doesn't compare to the atrocity that the 'Aqua Ring' seems to be! It's like they completely forgot to redo this part of the game completely! It looks TERRIBLE! More so because the textures aren't camouflaged by dark areas at all!

Overall, I've been having a lot of fun with the game thus far, even with all the nitpicky/irritating things that are inconsistently plaguing the game in some areas...Pretty happy with the remaster and for importing it.

In terms of controls type-B seems to be the most comfortable for me, and I'm getting used to checking items/areas with 'O' & making menu/prompt choices with 'X' rather well!

Oh yeah! I did notice the Lab theme sped up...very weird! Got past it rather quickly though, hopefully it gets fixed anyway...at the very least, sometime before the worldwide release of the game!

That's pretty much it!
          Last edited by Kaneco; 12-12-2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• The new water physics in the aqua ring are god awful. You'll notice when you push the boxes into the water....

Comment

The new water physics in the aqua ring are god awful. You'll notice when you push the boxes into the water....
              I think everything in the Aqua Ring, except for 3D models (enemies & objects) and music, is GOD AWFUL! It's like the devs that were in charge of revamping the textures of the entire game forgot this 'specific' area existed or outright skipped out on it.

Comment

• On another note the redone 2nd power room (the red one with lots of chimeras) looks FANTASTIC! They really did make that one better imo.

Comment

• Holy SHIT, the sped up music in the lab is ANNOYING. It's really the only noticable place that stuck out like a sore dick to me. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????

Comment

The new water physics in the aqua ring are god awful. You'll notice when you push the boxes into the water....
                    Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
                    I think everything in the Aqua Ring, except for 3D models (enemies & objects) and music, is GOD AWFUL! It's like the devs that were in charge of revamping the textures of the entire game forgot this 'specific' area existed or outright skipped out on it.
                    You can see everything you mentioned here:
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The game deserves the trash can. The music is screwed everywhere, not just lab. People deeply wanted to have a glitch free experience away from emulators and they've got something worse.
                    Last edited by yurieu; 12-13-2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Like how the fuck could the playtesters NOT notice that??!!!

Comment

Like how the fuck could the playtesters NOT notice that??!!!
                        If they do exist, there are many complex agreements to let this mistake pass. Maybe it was a an authorized glitch to be fixed with patches. I do not know how Sony and Microsoft licensed this to be released in their platform.

Comment

• I'm so glad I didn't buy this.

Comment

• Its another case of the people making it said nothing, the play testers said nothing, and it shipped that way.

On another note here is my first speed run (knife only) not bad at all!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	remakespeedrun.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	403847

Edit: I posted the wrong picture by accident and couldn't figure out how to get rid of it now its all fucked up with the hunter XD. Just look at the chris image
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Deathlygasm; 12-13-2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Its another case of the people making it said nothing, the play testers said nothing, and it shipped that way.

On another note here is my first speed run (knife only) not bad at all!
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]9883[/ATTACH]

Edit: I posted the wrong picture by accident and couldn't figure out how to get rid of it now its all fucked up with the hunter XD. Just look at the chris image
                              I am not happy with those numbers on the status screen either. I just wanted a straight port without glitches...
                              Last edited by yurieu; 12-13-2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Guardhouse music when sped up sounds familiar...oh wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X