No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I like this...What new content are they offering for the game? I mean this is just a port really, port of the best RE game and all, but at this point its gonna need more to it for me to want to drop some green for it.

Until they say what new features, if any, are added I'm just going to assume this is their attempt to placate the fanbase they told to fuck off years ago.

Comment

I'll get this simply because my GameCube, PS2, PS1, and their respective libraries have all been stolen from me and I want to play this again without the buggy nature of emulation.
      sigpic
      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

I see this as a guinea pig to see if an old school style RE could sell well in this day and age. Its also a perfect one as its far less expensive to make than a whole new RE title. I personally think if this sells well they'll consider making the next entry more like the classic games or possibly even consider remaking RE2!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
          I have to choose between boarders or losing vital information from the screen. No thanks! It's like the RE4 widescreen mode all over again.
          *black bars: original 4:3 experience

*Wide screen: cool RE0 style

*Give you the option to choose

Well thats fair enough for me, considering its Remake, the never ever ported game and with a glorious PC version!

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          As much as I like this...What new content are they offering for the game? I mean this is just a port really, port of the best RE game and all, but at this point its gonna need more to it for me to want to drop some green for it.

Until they say what new features, if any, are added I'm just going to assume this is their attempt to placate the fanbase they told to fuck off years ago.

Oh, they could release the OST and some official PDF books from that age... missed all of those releases! They should do the preorder gift if they want.

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
          I see this as a guinea pig to see if an old school style RE could sell well in this day and age. Its also a perfect one as its far less expensive to make than a whole new RE title. I personally think if this sells well they'll consider making the next entry more like the classic games or possibly even consider remaking RE2!
          Well, i will gladly do my part
          Last edited by yurieu; 08-05-2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
            My thoughts exactly, especially with the state of the current RE franchise

RE2/3 in the same style would be awesome, and i would be happy to contribute towards that

Comment

Achievements and trophies! If we really lucky a door loading skip option! Plus 3D stick control like RE2 N64!
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Oh god bring the quick knife feature they used in deadly silence in here I would be satisfied. For extra stuff they could finish the laser weapon they showed in some footage. Just a LITTLE bit more unlockibles thats not just simply *cosmetic* costumes is all the game needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Saavas View Post
                  So if I understand this correctly, there's no chance for new camera angles for f.e. Arrange Mode ? Did they delete original models and are now unable to create proper 1080p pictures of them ?
                  They claim to have dissected the engine piece by piece, remaking it all, but so far it looks more like lazy filtering on backgrounds and models recycled as-is. Feels all the way like "Ultra" HD RE4, which is HD just for the resolution while everything else is a carbon copy of the Wii port. The only good thing is that we won't need emulation anymore in order to play it on last and current gen systems.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Eh I could care less what they did. It looks like a jump to me and im fine with this! Only complaint I have is that it doesn't seem like its gonna have any new extras which is sad considering the fact I've been playing the same game for 12 years and as much as I still love it I wouldn't mind an extra mode like an even harder difficulty.

Comment

Truly don't understand this fanbase, you all bitch and moan that you want remake to come to other consoles and in hd...but when it does they all bitch and moan re7 wasn't announced instead. Friken bipolar community.

Comment

I thought I was getting trolled when a friend told me about this...and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the official Japanese page up and running.

I for one, I'm glad that this game is getting an HD release with 'WIDESCREEN' support, not even REmake on the Wii had Widescreen support, only RE0 did.

I really do hope it sells well, and for the PS3/PS4 version I hope they follow the recent trend cross-buy titles. Although, their separate Japanese release dates points otherwise.

Also, 'Analog' controls are being added...this game is going to be as 'Super EASY MODE' broken as RE2 on the N64! Hahahaha!

Pretty happy with this recent announcement!

Comment

Couldn't they had redone Chris? He still looks like he has an Afro. Just make it like code Veronica for goodness sakes. Other than that, I expected this to eventually happen and I hope it has a good amount of sales to green light zero getting remastered and 2 getting remade. I'll get it for ps4

Comment

Glad to hear they're adding 3D controls, although I'm so used to the tank ones it'll still be weird to try out.
                            I may buy this - although I've been playing the Wii port on my Wii U (plays Wii games via HDMI) and that looked just fine to me.
                            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
                              Truly don't understand this fanbase, you all bitch and moan that you want remake to come to other consoles and in hd...but when it does they all bitch and moan re7 wasn't announced instead. Friken bipolar community.
                              I don't see anyone here complaining that this isn't RE7 -_-

The main complaint I have is they need some new extras in this game. Achievements and trophies aren't anything to get excited over. Co-op mode would be nice, hell a survival mode where you make your way through the mansion with 3-4 players but only the regular amount of items you get from a regular playthrough would be a great addition.

Just swap out the traps, the giant boulder, and replace them with some more locked doors, or new boss or endurance fights and Bam! New content that any of us would welcome.

I mean who wouldn't want to play co-op in the mansion with some friends?
                              Last edited by Wrathborne; 08-05-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I don't see anyone here complaining that this isn't RE7 -_-

The main complaint I have is they need some new extras in this game. Achievements and trophies aren't anything to get excited over. Co-op mode would be nice, hell a survival mode where you make your way through the mansion with 3-4 players but only the regular amount of items you get from a regular playthrough would be a great addition.

Just swap out the traps, the giant boulder, and replace them with some more locked doors, or new boss or endurance fights and Bam! New content that any of us would welcome.

I mean who wouldn't want to play co-op in the mansion with some friends?
                                I didn't say on here xD I meant in general after reading some of the fans feedback.
                                Last edited by ajrich17901; 08-05-2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X