Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
    Now that you'd pointed it out, it is entirely 3D. I didn't notice it either at first, but it's done really well. Right now I am going to the labs and it's looked much better on the PS4. Textures and lighting are different between the PS4 and PS3 versions. You can easily tell when comparing closeups of the Zombies. You can see pretty clearly that the textures on the PS4 version are more detailed and crisper.

Also the lighting and casting of shadows is better. The 3D shadow you character casts is still be a bit blurry/pixelated on the PS3 version, but on the PS4 they are extra crisp. Really loving this a lot.

It's hard to even go back to the Gamecube original now... Oh and Nintendo, get someone to remaster Eternal Darkness!
    Yep. If this wasn't a budget $20 title, they could've probably done a lot more areas in 3D. If they do decide to remake 2 or 3, they should redo it in this style.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Found this article today. The source is stated to be iffy but would be great if this was for sure. Supposedly REmaster has had surpassing sales since release, which has given Capcom more "encouragement" for going forth with RE2make.

http://www.psu.com/news/25671/Rumor-...-consideration

Comment

• KDramaStars is known for fake news, joke, and false statements.

Comment

• Don't hold your breath when it comes to an RE2 remake. It'll most likely never happen. On another note, the writer of RE3 said he would like to and be willing to remake RE3 for next gen.... that'll never happen though.

For those of you who are bored & care, I am doing a knife only run right now, here's the link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/browzers .
          Last edited by Guest; 01-25-2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
            Don't hold your breath when it comes to an RE2 remake. It'll most likely never happen. On another note, the writer of RE3 said he would like to and be willing to remake RE3 for next gen.... that'll never happen though.
            People said the same thing about a port of RE on Gamecube. And that any version of 1.5 would never be seen in public. Anything is possible. It might not happen of course, but sometimes it just takes time.

Comment

• If they do decide to remake it, I guess the big question is what gameplay style are they gonna be going with? Doing a remake faithful to the style of the old games seems out of the question. In any case, I hope they have learned their lesson with RE6.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                If they do decide to remake it, I guess the big question is what gameplay style are they gonna be going with? Doing a remake faithful to the style of the old games seems out of the question. In any case, I hope they have learned their lesson with RE6.
                If they give it the REmake/Zero treatment, I'd be happy..
                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

If they do decide to remake it, I guess the big question is what gameplay style are they gonna be going with? Doing a remake faithful to the style of the old games seems out of the question. In any case, I hope they have learned their lesson with RE6.
                  Why would it be out of the question? REmaster seems to be doing pretty well. I don't know how many "let's plays" I've seen of it on youtube already, so I would assume a majority of gamers would not have a problem with classic RE gameplay anymore.

Comment

• How do you guys think Resident Evil HD Remaster is selling?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehrex View Post
                      How do you guys think Resident Evil HD Remaster is selling?
                      Pretty damn well considering everyone I know even outside of the RE fanbase is playing it. Seen tons of mentions on twitter, facebook and lots of people playing on Twitch tv.

Comment

• We hope in the future to see a version hd haunting ground for PC.

Resident, evil, the, umbrella, chronicles, biohazard, wesker, albert, chris, redifield, wii, final, jill, valentine, rebecca, chambers, billy, coen, talos, reisdent, legendas, portugues, red, queen, carlos, oliveira, nemesis, uc, reuc, retuc

would be great if after finished the game with both characters, you enter a third chapter of Wesker in laboratories, before the mansion exploded.
                        Last edited by blackpower; 01-26-2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                          Why would it be out of the question? REmaster seems to be doing pretty well. I don't know how many "let's plays" I've seen of it on youtube already, so I would assume a majority of gamers would not have a problem with classic RE gameplay anymore.
                          You'd be surprised. There are still lots of people bitching about the lack of auto-save, limited inventory slots, tank controls, fixed camera angles, etc. I think it's a lot more likely that they'll try to reach a compromise between the old and new style. As I said in the other topic, I would really love for them to do a hybrid TPS/fixed-camera angle style similar to the one used in the 3.5 hookman beta. Maybe keep the environments small-scale, so they can cram in more details. We've already reached the point where current consoles can create environments that can rival those of REmake's pre-rendered backgrounds. AC:Unity's indoor environments remind me a lot of what a next-gen REmake of the mansion could look like (albeit a very clean one), and mind you, this is from an open-world game:

Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post

We hope in the future to see a version hd haunting ground for PC.

Resident, evil, the, umbrella, chronicles, biohazard, wesker, albert, chris, redifield, wii, final, jill, valentine, rebecca, chambers, billy, coen, talos, reisdent, legendas, portugues, red, queen, carlos, oliveira, nemesis, uc, reuc, retuc
                            Dude, that would be 4k amazing!!!!!

Comment

You'd be surprised. There are still lots of people bitching about the lack of auto-save, limited inventory slots, tank controls, fixed camera angles, etc.
                              Well, good thing they at least don't complain about enemies not giving you ammo or money when you kill them, LOL, they probably don't even know it's a 2002 remake of a game from 1996, someone should have told them...
                              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• I picked it up on Steam few days ago, first time I was excited about playing RE again in a million years. Though I haven't tried it yet I don't think my PC will have any trouble with it. As long as its not like Evil Within (which I still haven't tried either but heard the patches are still terrible)..

Comment

Working...
                                X