No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope, my SSD is only for the operating system, all my games are on a standard hard drive.

edit: Actually I've made some tests. I have the japanese disk version on PS3, and loadings are awful. But when it comes to the digital version, loadings are similar to the PS4 version.

Only difference is, the PS4 version has OS menus loadings on top of the game, and it looks terrible.

Overall I'd say the PS3 version is better, graphically it's very similar. Still, the PS4 version has better sound quality.
    Last edited by Rick Hunter; 01-20-2015, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      Only difference is, the PS4 version has OS menus loadings on top of the game, and it looks terrible.
      8Gb DDR5 unified RAM and you are still complaining?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
        Wait explain this mansion power being cut thing? I'm a little behind but it sounds creepy as fuck!
        Who would've had time to do it though apart from Rebecca?,
        Wesker is already on his way to the labs after blackmailing Barry, the power generator is in the catacombs.

Comment

• Purchased via Steam today- can confirm the basis of what RSurvivor is talking about here- it currently stands as one of Capcom's worst PC ports, behind only RE4/DMC3.

There are plenty of people with high-end machines that seem to be running it with only the before-mentioned glitches/bugs seen in other versions, but the amount that have 'mid'-level rigs that are consistently faring at or below 20FPS is somewhat high.

Consensus currently seems to be that this problem should be resolved in one or two patches time. Currently, I would not recommend PC version unless you are confident that your rig is within not the minimal, but recommended stats outlined. And even then, no guarantees. If your running say a HD7700+i5 or greater, you have far less to worry about.

Don't assume because you play RE5,6 and Rev smoothly that means you will play Remaster as well. Friendly heads ups.
          The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• Originally posted by MeatSMurderer View Post
            Capcom decided to replace the water wave animation on the walls with a new real time rendered effect...except they didn't actually remove the original, they just ditched one of the frames so that you end up with a static wave effect with another plastered on top.
            FFS!!!

Comment

• So I got the PS4 version, I was enjoying the upscale beyond a few poorly rendered items or ones not updated at all- amusingly enough they seemed to have updated the Lighter design but it still says "LIGHTER OF LIGHTER" on the face instead of Jessica Trevor's engraving. I also dug the 3D controls, despite it kinda shaving off 30% of the difficulty and being a bit twitchy. 13 year nostalgia all around...

...then I got the armor key, went to the medicine room to make a save and set the game down for a bit, and I got a series of prompts at the typewriter screen: "FAILED TO SAVE GAME..." "...INVALID MESSAGE..." the game promptly takes me back to the main menu where I find out that the data is now corrupt. For those of you in the know, this whole slight autosave feature- is this integrated to basically startup the game clock for leaderboard purposes? I am just making a shot in the dark guess, but I cannot figure out why the overall save file needs to update, for instance, I want to say before the opening cinematic, and why it needs to be loaded to even get to the main menu.

Either way. This was fucking disheartening- and for all you guys complaining that they gave us nothing but a remaster and a couple of clothes, guess what? They couldn't even deliver that without problems. I will definitely revisit this because, well, it's REmake, but god damn.

Comment

• ^ Yep... it sucks I know.
                Playing the PS4 version and noticed so many things..

1) Characters don't make footstep noises when aiming and turning on the spot (normally you'd hear the footsteps like when you pick something up from the floor, or when the player is entering and exiting aiming stance)

2) When on Widescreen, some scenes (dining room hall door shot) the game rolled too far and you could see a black line where they camera have overstepped the background image.

3)Music glitches, which we all knew about..

4) Saving doesn't have that nice 'typewritten' effect when the player saves ie (Jill - 01 - Mansion Hall) which is actually typed. In this port, the keys SFX plays, but the letters just appear all at once - something small, I know.. but its something.
                The fact they game constantly loads and saves automatically is annoying too .. again, probably to do with leaderboards and RE.Net syncing.

Yet other things I love, like the new textures and updated lighting - so kinda 50/50 at the moment with this one.

Some nice concepts and ideas, but they weren't executed perfectly..
                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                  Wait explain this mansion power being cut thing? I'm a little behind but it sounds creepy as fuck!
                  Not much to it- 7 or 8 years ago I was watching a Jill original walkthrough on youtube, playthroughs were pretty recent then- and a commenter on the vid recalled how he 'heard' that they originally intended the mansion lighting system to be affected on your way back- so it would really have been even more frightening with less visibility.

I gave it a time of day, because I remember how they played with the 'power' of the mansion later in CV, and entertained the possibility that was something they wanted to do way back in 96', but would have been restricted from doing. But then it never happened in Remake, which would have had the opportunity to do so, which is why it's nothing more than a, "he said, she said" rumor that, albeit sounded damn cool.
                  The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• ^^^ Man shame that was cut from REmake it woulda made it so creepy! In other news I downloaded REmake on Steam on holy fuck it sucks! I'm having problems that the ps3 version didn't freaking have like slow frame-rate and seemingly very low res menus.

Edit: So I just opened up the folder with the soundtrack and oh my god the songs there are sped up to!!! This is seriously just downright pathetic!
                    Last edited by Deathlygasm; 01-20-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Well I caved in and bought the PC version. It's downloading now. I've heard people complaining of random stutters and slowdowns though, is this true? It's kind of embarassing how the game is suffering from these issues, when the only real-time polygon assets it's loading are the character models and animated objects. Still, I can't wait to see what sort of mods people will come up with for the game. It'd be a real treat if someone found out how to modify the rooms and replace the backgrounds.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

• Does the pc version suffer from the fucked up music? I wanted to get it but I am waiting....

Comment

• To the people who've bought the PC version, what format is the music in? Is it .wav? If so try replacing Shot in the Silence with...anything that's also a .wav. That should change the music that plays when you first enter the dining hall (might be only Jill, not sure)
                          Code:
                          sg0d - Shot in the Silence
                          sg13 - Sigh of Relief
                          sg16 - Ivies' Domain
                          sg18 - Rush of Fear
                          sg19 - Rush of Horror
                          sg1a - Narrow and Close 
                          sg1d - The Depth
                          sg1e - Concrete Bound
                          Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 01-20-2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• I'm playing the PS3 version and I'm having a blast! It sucks that people are having many problems with it, I have experienced none. Except for framerate isssues because I'm not sure, I'm one of those people who can't notice it easily. No day one patches, no bugs and glitches, nothing, I was frankly surprised at this thread's reactions. Always wanted to play since the gamecube release, preordered it as fast as I could after I saw the ad on PSN.

I'm playing the PS3 digital version, account linked with resident-evil.com, wide, classic control scheme.
                            Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Wow. Seems like the complaints about the PC port are true. I can barely run this game at a stable 30 fps, whereas I can run RE4/5/6 pretty decently at anywhere from 45-60 fps. Quite amazing how a game that's mostly made up of pre-rendered images can't run decently. Ironically, the graveyard tomb, which is rendered completely in polygons, is the only place I've went to that runs at a stable framerate. I really hope Crapcom sorts out this mess.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• Well I made Kenneth playable.
                                Playable Kenneth Pic
                                Both the RE5 and RE6 tools work for this. I also found some dead civilian guy that I've never seen before. I'll see about getting him ingame.

Comment

Working...
                                X