No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a fixed BGM mod is already out! Problem is the download won't work for me as it keeps freezing around 2%. If anyone can download it could they re-upload it on another site like Zippyshare or even Mediafire?

Last edited by Deathlygasm; 01-22-2015, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• ^ Its working for me..

and awesome to see model swapping is SO easy

Its just a shame the PC version runs so **** poor.. Capcom better patch this. Otherwise, whats the point in modding if I cannot even play the game?!

Anyone figured out how to swap or mod SFX files? Playing as Rebecca with her sound effects would be amazing
      Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 01-23-2015, 06:18 AM.
      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
        It's 13.50 right now on nuuvem and 15.00 on greenmangaming, if you want to get the PC version. Also, there's a cross-buy promotion going on right now for the PS3/PS4 version.
        I really do want to get the PC version but maybe I'm just a tight bugger cause over £10 just seems too much for a old game, especially as a download...

Is the cross-buy a limited time deal then? Cause I haven't bought a PS4 yet so that'd sweeten the deal a bit for getting it...

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
        So a fixed BGM mod is already out! Problem is the download won't work for me as it keeps freezing around 2%. If anyone can download it could they re-upload it on another site like Zippyshare or even Mediafire?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/01.../fixed+bgm.rar
        Worked fine for me two minutes ago but ironically: I don't even have the game...

Originally posted by -Rusty- View Post
        Richard, Barry, Enrico, Kenneth, and that dead guy are now playable for Chris. Rebecca is now playable for Jill as well.
        Thanks as ever Rusty! I don't have the game yet but I've downloaded this for safekeeping for when I inevitably cave...
        Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 01-23-2015, 06:50 AM. Reason: Stuff
        sigpic

Comment

• Dunno how, but got it working full 30fps with no lagging (only in cutscenes)

I messed around with my Intel computer preferences, assigned the games .exe and changed shadows to Med - runs fine.

The only time it slows is it shadows is High .. textures High isn't a problem, so still looks OK to me (maybe not PS4 quality, but its better than the Gamecube original anyway, and the mod for fixed music really helps)

Comment

• Well, I just finished Invisible Enemies mode on Normal difficulty. That went a lot smoother than I had expected. The game became a lot easier, once zombies were not the main enemies anymore.

I really do want to get the PC version but maybe I'm just a tight bugger cause over £10 just seems too much for a old game, especially as a download...

Is the cross-buy a limited time deal then? Cause I haven't bought a PS4 yet so that'd sweeten the deal a bit for getting it...
            Yep. Cross-buy promotion is only valid for a week or so, iirc. Use the 10% off promo code Sony has right now, if you're gonna be getting it for PS3/PS4. The only way you're gonna be getting this is digital anyway, unless you plan on getting the Asian/JP PS3 version for $40.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
              Its just a shame the PC version runs so **** poor.. Capcom better patch this. Otherwise, whats the point in modding if I cannot even play the game?!
              On the Steam boards, "Capcom Customer Service" (...heh) posted a sticky entailing tips for increasing FPS/reducing known "slow-mo".

They seem to all be tips more or less generated by steam members within 48hrs of the games release.

No patch was mentioned, atleast yet-- reading the rigs of a lot of the users running the game "fine", almost all fall into that 'recommended' category, some well above, and very few at 'minimum'. It just appears like it was 'optimized' for more advanced rigs than say, 5 or 6, Rev, somewhat ironically.
              The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• ^Well my laptop REmastered ran super slow - no matter what settings I used (even with everything on LOW)

I changed my actual PC settings to max performance, messed with the RE settings - and for some reason, got it working prefectly - which is strange.. I don't even know how I managed it.

Comment

• tbh all I did guys was set the framerate to variable and it runs great now!
                  BTW here is the music fix mod with a mirror now for the people having download problems. Also be sure to check out the other mods people are working on!

Hi everyone! I decided to fix the bugged music tracks. I think I fixed most of them but let me know if I missed any.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post

Cross buy on the European PSN's is limited to two weeks, not one. Last day is Feb 3rd.

Otherwise for your "over £10" issue, PC version for £9.95. I used this, used PayPal, and the code for Steam was e-mailed to me straight away.

Exclusive Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation Vita games in strictly limited quantities.

Sadly I'm having the same frame rate issue and turning off the filtering or changing the frame rate to variable doesn't stop it. I have noticed that on Variable/60 it runs slower than at 30 (which is still laggy, but not AS laggy). My laptop sits somewhere around the recommended level rather than minimum (because I've bulked it out for video editing needs) and so it shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

• Rom,

"Note: Some high end integrated graphics chips and modern laptop class discrete GPUs may work but have not been tested, nor are they officially supported by Capcom."

Essentially, for us laptop users, it remains a crapshoot.
                      The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• ^ Cheers for that.

Edit - I have solved my problem. Turns out my Nvidia card hadn't put the full resources into the game, and is a manual setting I had to change. Someone posted a guide for it on Steam for RE4 on PC of all things and it worked for me on this as well. I also changed my power settings but that is suggested as well because without being plugged in most laptops reduce power consumption and this can effect graphics output settings.

-- Note: Those looking for a fix for anything other than slow motion gameplay should look elsewhere. Although, if your issue is something such as crashing on startup or a black screen, try verifying the game cache. In your library, right click Resident Evil 4, then click properties, then go to the "Local Files" tab and click "Verify integrity of game cache..." If this does not solve your black screen/crashing issues, then I'm sorry to say, I'm afraid I cannot help you.

Also worth reading this post, also from the RE4 version of the bug, which seems to explain part of the cause with the Remake as well:

The slow motion "bug" is actually not a bug at all, but rather a side effect of this being a port of a 2005 game that was specifically designed for a single system. What's happening, is that unlike most current games (I'm looking at you Need For Speed), RE4's entire engine and game logic is tied to the framerate. The game knows when 1/30th or 1/60th of a second has occured based on whether the frame is done rendering.
                        Last edited by Rombie; 01-23-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• I swear the 60fps makes the hunters move WAYYYY faster and they're more challenging! I can't deny I fucking love it! But damn they killed me twice and I almost never die against hunters. Both times were "decaps" btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                            It's 13.50 right now on nuuvem and 15.00 on greenmangaming, if you want to get the PC version. Also, there's a cross-buy promotion going on right now for the PS3/PS4 version. If you at least have a semi-decent rig, I'd go for the PC version. There's a few areas in the game that look a bit bad (well, mostly the aqua ring), but the overall quality is pretty good. They even redid all of the animated components of the background (mostly foliage), so the outdoor areas look amazing. If you played the game on an emulator, these were the areas riddled with the shittiest compression artifacts, because of the animated components:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9904[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9905[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9906[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9907[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9908[/ATTACH]

Honestly, there's really only a few bad areas. People just kind of blew the issue up and threw it under a magnifying glass, so the good parts of the remaster got clumped together with the bad ones. There's a lot of really nicely redone areas to make up for the few shitty ones. The new lighting alone, is pretty amazing, when you see it in motion.

This one right here. They pretty much redid everything, except for maybe the wallpapers. In-game, the jaggies on the polygon objects such as the chairs and banister are a lot more noticeable, so you can tell that they aren't part of the background. They mentioned that recreating the room was necessary, so that the swaying shadow effect from the chandelier would look nice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9909[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9910[/ATTACH]
                            Now that you'd pointed it out, it is entirely 3D. I didn't notice it either at first, but it's done really well. Right now I am going to the labs and it's looked much better on the PS4. Textures and lighting are different between the PS4 and PS3 versions. You can easily tell when comparing closeups of the Zombies. You can see pretty clearly that the textures on the PS4 version are more detailed and crisper.

Also the lighting and casting of shadows is better. The 3D shadow you character casts is still be a bit blurry/pixelated on the PS3 version, but on the PS4 they are extra crisp. Really loving this a lot.

It's hard to even go back to the Gamecube original now... Oh and Nintendo, get someone to remaster Eternal Darkness!
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                              I swear the 60fps makes the hunters move WAYYYY faster and they're more challenging! I can't deny I fucking love it! But damn they killed me twice and I almost never die against hunters. Both times were "decaps" btw.
                              When you hear the hunter growling, the only thing you can make is shoot with a heavy weapon, no way out.

Comment

• Doing a knife run tomorrow probably as Chris to get the trophy. Come watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X