Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
    Woah, thats the first time i've seen the pachislot in action. thats pretty cool. anyway, they probably used the umbrella chronicles data.
    They where probably done concurrently, pachi slot dates back to 2006 also.

Comment

• Slight correction; Pachislot came out in 2008.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
        Slight correction; Pachislot came out in 2008.
        The promo came out in 2006 so it was in development 2006-7 not 2007-8.

Comment

• I remember the promos for it and went and played it as soon as it came out.

Which promo are you talking about? The DVD?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
            I remember the promos for it and went and played it as soon as it came out.

Which promo are you talking about? The DVD?
            Yes

Comment

• This only fuels the argument that Capcom must still have the original assests to the remake of the game!

Comment

• Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                This only fuels the argument that Capcom must still have the original assests to the remake of the game!
                I did not play the awfull wii game, but watching some of these pachislo gameplays, i think those scenarios were not redone from the scratch with the disc textures, like they did with chronicles.

Comment

• Personally I didn't notice the fast music until someone on here pointed it out...what I did notice was how dodgey the clock in the dining hall sounds...it lacks the high tone of the GC original, like it's running about 17% slower. Other than that I'd say it's a pretty solid remaster that looks (mostly) great and plays well.

I am also slightly dissappointed at the trophy " The Key Master "...that name is a missed opportunity if I ever saw one...
                  Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 01-15-2015, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• This is definitely not a version for purists:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sem título.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	403855

"But don't worry, we made sure not to change anything that made the original the classic that it is.
                    You don't mess with a masterpiece, after all."

They dont know how to warm people up for a game anymore like in the early 2000. There is a RE6 trailer on the official website and random text in PC box.
                    Last edited by yurieu; 01-16-2015, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• Still as horribly vague as ever. They really should have been more clear about the difficulty choices. I can't wait for people to mistake 'mountain climbing' as Hard mode, and 'walking' as Easy mode.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

• Wow, they changed the whole text. I don't get it, how's this choice suposed to affect the game difficulty level? Why not just pick Hard/Normal/Easy in the old fashion way?
                        Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-16-2015, 07:37 AM.
                        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• The new text makes it clear that this is supposed to be difficulty selection screen. The old one is kind of vague, in that regard. However, they pretty much botched the new one by failing to tell people that Mountain Climbing = Normal mode.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                            Still as horribly vague as ever. They really should have been more clear about the difficulty choices. I can't wait for people to mistake 'mountain climbing' as Hard mode, and 'walking' as Easy mode.
                            The Mountain climbing means normal mode, people will surely be confused. But the real hard mode is almost identical to normal mode. What I hate most is changing the old perfect lay out with a terrible text and dark shades from Picasa editor.

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                            Wow, they changed the whole text. I don't get it, how's this choice suposed to affect the game difficulty level? Why not just pick Hard/Normal/Easy in the old fashion way?

I dunno if you are familiar with this, the first time gives you that lay out, after beating the game, the main title becomes yellow and gives you normal, easy and hard option under "Once again".
                            Last edited by yurieu; 01-16-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• ^Yep.. it changes to a slimy eye.
                              Hard Mode is the unlocked obviously..
                              "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                                I dunno if you are familiar with this, the first time gives you that lay out, after beating the game, the main title becomes yellow and gives you normal, easy and hard option under "Once again".
                                To be honest I didn't even know how this worked in the GC version since I barely played anything but Real Survival (I love that mode) which is allways on hard, so the difference between Mountain Climbing and Hiking was never quite clear to me but I didn't care too much because I had no doubt about RS.

So I'm confused with this new screen, why people would mistake Mountain Climbing as Hard mode? Isn't it actually hard? From how they're listed they seem to be I: Hard, II: Normal, III: Easy.
                                Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-16-2015, 09:41 AM.
                                The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Working...
                                X