Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Default Resident Evil 1 Remastered

I Have just saw this article on Eurogamer, sorry if its been posted before but couldn't see anything
    http://http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-05-resident-evil-1-getting-remastered-re-release-on-pc-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-and-xbox-one

I expected a long thread on this already.

Anyway, comparison image not on EG.

The widescreen method seems lazy and hopefully the new movement method still requires turning animations or it'll be broken as hell. Also this needs a physical release.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Yes was disappointing to read that it would be digital only, definitely needs a physical release
    Last edited by _Raziel_; 08-05-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Mad Jackal

Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    The widescreen method seems lazy and hopefully the new movement method still requires turning animations or it'll be broken as hell. Also this needs a physical release.
    I'm not so technical; how have they handled the widescreen? Is it just letterboxed?

Top and bottom of the backgrounds are cut off, and when you walk down the camera pans down, when you walk up the camera pans up. Theres an image for it on the Eurogamer article.

#24 Black Tiger

Someone must've kicked capcom real hard in the nuts to make them realize that there is profit behind the remake, hopefully we will see zero get released along the way ! But yeah i was hugely disappointed the physical release...

Too bad the backgrounds are simply resized and sharpened in batches. I'm tempted to get it for my PS3, at least a true HDMI out is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
    I'm not so technical; how have they handled the widescreen? Is it just letterboxed?
    From the OP link

So it is just zoomed and cutting off parts of the background at either the top or bottom, with a vertical pan based on character position. Not actually widescreen at all.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

#00 Red Herb

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Too bad the backgrounds are simply resized and sharpened in batches. I'm tempted to get it for my PS3, at least a true HDMI out is an improvement.
    So if I understand this correctly, there's no chance for new camera angles for f.e. Arrange Mode ? Did they delete original models and are now unable to create proper 1080p pictures of them ? That sucks , if all the new 'features' of this version are slight graphics improvements I'll pass. I'm hoping for new game modes or minigames like extreme battle.

I want some new game modes but it sadly looks like we are only getting cosmetic changes. I am still up for this tho I can't wait to see what the updated Crimson Heads look like!

Just being able to play it in 1080p with native support for current hardware make it a total miracle.

#20 Hunter Beta

The backgrounds do look to be re-rendered, but the texture detail on them doesn't seem to have gone up. Look at the comparison shots of Chris in the dark green hall and see how much more detail you can see in the wall paper, floor and window frame compared to the original.

It's a shame they've not increased the camera horiztonal FoV to make this widescreen by default though.

They said you can also play it in 4:3 if you wish.

#20 Hunter Beta

I have to choose between boarders or losing vital information from the screen. No thanks! It's like the RE4 widescreen mode all over again.

#55 Oswell E. Spencer Wrathborne's Avatar

As much as I like this...What new content are they offering for the game? I mean this is just a port really, port of the best RE game and all, but at this point its gonna need more to it for me to want to drop some green for it.

Until they say what new features, if any, are added I'm just going to assume this is their attempt to placate the fanbase they told to fuck off years ago.

I'll get this simply because my GameCube, PS2, PS1, and their respective libraries have all been stolen from me and I want to play this again without the buggy nature of emulation.

"Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

I see this as a guinea pig to see if an old school style RE could sell well in this day and age. Its also a perfect one as its far less expensive to make than a whole new RE title. I personally think if this sells well they'll consider making the next entry more like the classic games or possibly even consider remaking RE2!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
    I have to choose between boarders or losing vital information from the screen. No thanks! It's like the RE4 widescreen mode all over again.
    *black bars: original 4:3 experience

*Wide screen: cool RE0 style

*Give you the option to choose

Well thats fair enough for me, considering its Remake, the never ever ported game and with a glorious PC version!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathborne View Post
    As much as I like this...What new content are they offering for the game? I mean this is just a port really, port of the best RE game and all, but at this point its gonna need more to it for me to want to drop some green for it.

Until they say what new features, if any, are added I'm just going to assume this is their attempt to placate the fanbase they told to fuck off years ago.

Oh, they could release the OST and some official PDF books from that age... missed all of those releases! They should do the preorder gift if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlygasm View Post
    I see this as a guinea pig to see if an old school style RE could sell well in this day and age. Its also a perfect one as its far less expensive to make than a whole new RE title. I personally think if this sells well they'll consider making the next entry more like the classic games or possibly even consider remaking RE2!
    Well, i will gladly do my part
    Last edited by yurieu; 08-05-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlygasm View Post
    My thoughts exactly, especially with the state of the current RE franchise

RE2/3 in the same style would be awesome, and i would be happy to contribute towards that

Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information