No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suppose I'm not too disappointed with the backgrounds since there's nothing that can be done unless they still have the original assets. What I am disappointed about is the complete lack of effort to include any new post-game extras. They couldn't even be assed to include a battle mode or an arrange mode, let alone proper bonus costumes that aren't simple ports from the other RE games.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter
      That's the whole point, it doesn't.
      Yes, it does. It's not blurry because in HD and sharper details on characters aswell.

You guys must have mutant eyes because you play too much on high settings, I don't know, but I fail to see how it's not looking good.
      Last edited by Grem; 11-19-2014, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Take a look at page 25 and then comapre.
        If you seriously find the backgrounds ( and ONLY the backgrounds!) anywhere near tolerable, I wholeheartedly suggest you go see a doctor.
        Shit looks like Yoshis Island.
        On a lighter note, I am looking forward to seeing people putting some decent FullHD backgrounds into the game.
        PC-Version could become modders heaven

Comment

• Even if everyone else is bitchy, I'm pretty glad to see a port of REmake to next-gen consoles. There are so many people that never even knew this gem existed and now they'll be able to see it for themselves

Comment

• anaho : I dunno. But I don't think Capcom can change the background that much anyway. They even went as far as recreating the crypt in full 3D because they couldn't improve the lighting as they wanted in that area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grem View Post
              Yes, it does. It's not blurry because in HD
              It's the equivalent of blurry since it's just a lame upscaling method that looks good only when used with cartoony emulated 2d games.

The fact there wasn't a cheap alternative doesn't mean it looks "good". I would have preferred pixelated backgrounds, it never bothered me when I played the game on my PC using Dophin. In comparison this port looks atrocious.

Comment

• If you say so. I'm not really into the technical stuff like this so I can't tell.

It appeared good enough to me, especially in motion, but that's because I don't care too much about these details.

Comment

• Originally posted by anaho View Post
                  This could seriously become the a strong contender of cheapest port of all time.
                  You obviously haven't played a lot of ports then.

Comment

• Trust...this port is not impressive.

Comment

• It looks great!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

• How many times do we (or specifically "I") need to prove to you that it really isn't?

Comment

• Do some of you even realize how childish you are acting, telling people to check their eyes and trying to enforce your "this looks like garbage" opinion like a freaking Nazi? Do you not get that as of NOW the GameCube and Wii versions look like utter shit on a HDTV and this is a HUGE improvement from what we have NOW. You seriously think Capcom still had every single background file after 12 years? But let's see what they've done anyways, they remastered the character models, were able to configure widescreen support, fixed the framerate, recreated some animated background objects, improved the lighting, added costumes.....and some of you are acting like fucking 5 years olds spamming this thread with your whining. Grow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by anaho View Post
                            Shit looks like Yoshis Island.
                            the yoshi on drugs stage still is very high end in this era!
                            Last edited by yurieu; 11-20-2014, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• I just want to say that Resident Evil Remaster HD raped my mom, and donkey punched my sister. May it burn in Hell for all eternity. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                                How many times do we (or specifically "I") need to prove to you that it really isn't?
                                lol. Yeah, you've proved a lot.

New video about the crypt:

Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi joins us once more to discuss the enhancement processes found in the 2015 update to Resident Evil.This time, Hirabayashi-san re...

Game is looking absolutely fine barring one or two rough looking places which are only to be expected I suppose.

The outside sections look particularly impressive now. There's a video somewhere showing the pathway leading from the back door of the mansion to the shed and it looks absolutely stunning.

But so far the professional media seem impressed, as do community members who have seen it in action close up so it's most definitely not the car crash some people on here are making it out to be. And I say again, you could simply ignore this port completely if you find it so offensive but you are all still here...
                                "I've got 100 cows."
                                "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                                X