No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to remember that simply re-rendering the game's backgrounds alone wouldn't have solved that blurriness on medium distance & foreground objects. Alot of the blur comes from the filtered textures that were designed for working with 640x480. Capcom would have had to create higher res textures for every room to solve this. Although it would have been fantastic if they did.

I think there's an amusing irony in that originally 3D models in pre-redendered games stuck out because they were lower detail and the backgrounds rendered at a higher res then downscaled to create smooth edges but with the REMaster it's the characters that are higher res that the backgrounds.
    "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• There was bound to be a few problems when it comes to the backgrounds, Still buying it though.

So in theory since the PS3/360 versions are 720p, would these artifacts stand out more on the PS4/X1/PC versions because its in 1080p?
      Last edited by Don Piano; 11-20-2014, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• The upscaled backgrounds are awful and the new controls are goofy but aside from those it's a good remaster. It's just a shame that either CAPCOM were too lazy to just re-render the backgrounds with original assets (or render the whole game in 3D-HD instead), or simply don't have those assets. Either is believable.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• There is a third option: Capcom didn't want to spend the money required to get Artists re texturing and modelling the majority of backgrounds. But we'll never know.

I can't say it looks awful though, just disappointing that Capcom didn't take it to the next level. Higher res textures would have been great but it's not like discovering the GC REMake just upscaled the original's backgrounds.

Frustratingly the most recent dev blogs shows a room that's been rebuilt for the REMaster, but it's not clear if the room was rebuilt from scratch or re-rendered from the original assets.
          "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• I'm only disappointed with the lack of extra features... The remaster looks great however!

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
              But let's see what they've done anyways
              Yes let's see.
              Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
              they remastered the character models
              They only updated some textures.
              were able to configure widescreen support
              You call cropping a picture widescreen support?
              fixed the framerate
              No, they fixed cut-scenes stuttering.
              recreated some animated background objects
              That's a good thing, but we don't know how many.
              improved the lighting
              In a lot of shots the lightning is actually worse and shadows are missing.
              added costumes.....
              That's nice but nothing impressive.
              and some of you are acting like fucking 5 years olds spamming this thread with your whining. Grow up.
              You're like those people who mistake constructive criticism with whining. You don't want people to express their opinions, AND you call them nazis because you don't agree with them.

You're a plague and people like you should be permanently banned from these forums.

Comment

• I really hope this sells very well.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Backgrounds and questionable lighting aside, it will be nice to play this again with 5.1 audio and in widescreen. I never beat real survival or invisible enemy mode in the original, so it's time to correct that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post

You're like those people who mistake constructive criticism with whining. You don't want people to express their opinions, AND you call them nazis because you don't agree with them.
                    Where does he call people Nazis? I'm not seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grem View Post
                      anaho : I dunno. But I don't think Capcom can change the background that much anyway. They even went as far as recreating the crypt in full 3D because they couldn't improve the lighting as they wanted in that area.
                      Zey did? I didn't see it.

Also, the guy doing the voice over for the Capcom producer sounds like that swirly-glasses scientist guy from The Simpsons XD

I gotta say that a lot of you guys are greedy. It's nice to want but there's a bit too much wanting. Rather, you should be content with what you have and then celebrate when something good comes up. No bloody manners. Ya'll need some good ol' fashioned discipline *breaks out the whip*
                      Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 11-20-2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                        They only updated some textures.
                        They swapped the old models with HD models. That's called updating.

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                        You call cropping a picture widescreen support?
                        Camera scrolls. Nothing gets cropped.

No, they fixed cut-scenes stuttering.
                        Exactly.

That's a good thing, but we don't know how many.
                        Doesn't matter how many. They took the time to do so.

In a lot of shots the lightning is actually worse and shadows are missing.
                        Lol

That's nice but nothing impressive.
                        Wow. The pessimism is strong here.

You're a plague and people like you should be permanently banned from these forums.
                        It's nice to know you're just a troll that I don't have to take seriously anymore. And telling people they are wrong to think this game looks good is NOT "constructive criticism" as you put it. Wouldn't refer to you as a nazi if you didn't act like one hounding this thread with your nothing but negative comments of "this looks like shit" spam, which is also not "constructive criticism" . If anything it's you that should be banned for your negative and pointless spam.
                        Last edited by CODE_umb87; 11-20-2014, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• You know you're not allowed to have an opinion if its different CODE_umb87, whats wrong with you? Get out of Rick Hunters foru- oh wait thats right.

Comment

• For an "HD remaster" coming out in 2015, the quality is poor. This is to be expected with Capcom I guess given that to them, an "HD remaster" usually just means having the new engine render the game at a higher resolution. Both RE4 HD and CVX HD had minimally touched-up textures and it appears the same for this game.
                            Last edited by djepic112; 11-20-2014, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                              You know you're not allowed to have an opinion if its different CODE_umb87, whats wrong with you? Get out of Rick Hunters foru- oh wait thats right.
                              I do whut I want!

Comment

• If they had the original assets, I'm sure they would've done something better than this, but still this remaster looks million times better than the washed up wii version played on any hdtv!

Comment

Working...
                                X