No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the hell do we check objects with circle and then have to confirm with X in the menus? It's the first time I see something like that in a videogame, it doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
      They had to get rid of the buttons to avoid a lawsuit.
      On the subject of lawsuits; a more curious thing is Rebecca having her RESCUE logo on her fanny pack and her vest, just like in the original GC release. The logo was redesigned both for RE5 Mercenaries Reunion (minus shaped) and Mercenaries 3D (star shaped), as the "red cross" is a registered logo/trademark belonging to ... The Red Cross. Other games have had this icon removed from their re-releases in recent day and age too (like DOOM 2 did when it appeared on XBLA and later DOOM 1 also did when it was re-released after the ownership transition to Bethesda). Anyone remember how the Wii version does it? (I know Umbrella Chronicles did not change her RESCUE logo).

What's her canon appearance?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
        Why the hell do we check objects with circle and then have to confirm with X in the menus? It's the first time I see something like that in a videogame, it doesn't make any sense.
        Something tells me there's a conflict of control schemes with the game and the system's region...

The 'O' is the 'check' button in-game, and for the Japanese it's always been like that for YEARS, while the Western side of the world changed that to 'X'....the system language/region may have it set up to 'X' when it comes to 'confirming' menus & choices.

It's the only clear and logical explanation I can give you.

If you remember, MGS had the ongoing trend to keep 'O' as the confirm button worldwide for a long time!

Seems to me the game doesn't care and does not adjust to the system's language and/or region and doesn't automatically flip the 'O' for 'X'.

When the game is properly released outside of Japan, we might have this problem solved...I don't believe this was intentional, plus they don't have to account for 'imports' because that's not the audience they're currently marketing for.
        Last edited by Kaneco; 12-09-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Another big game: final fantasy tactics also slipped past the sensor with X and O flipped.

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
          On the subject of lawsuits; a more curious thing is Rebecca having her RESCUE logo on her fanny pack and her vest, just like in the original GC release. The logo was redesigned both for RE5 Mercenaries Reunion (minus shaped) and Mercenaries 3D (star shaped), as the "red cross" is a registered logo/trademark belonging to ... The Red Cross. Other games have had this icon removed from their re-releases in recent day and age too (like DOOM 2 did when it appeared on XBLA and later DOOM 1 also did when it was re-released after the ownership transition to Bethesda). Anyone remember how the Wii version does it? (I know Umbrella Chronicles did not change her RESCUE logo).

What's her canon appearance?!
          That reminds me of my personal little mystery: Do Barry and Richard have the same color vest?
          In classic RE1 art Barry's vest is red but in game its burgundy. Richard's art is orange meaning in the original game they had two different colored vests. However it cannot be compared in game cause we never see Richard with it.
          In remake art Barry.. I don't think we ever seen any but his renders and in game models they are both the same color, burgundy-closer to purple. It seems Richard doesn't have renders nor in game vest this time. HOWEVER in future incarnations of the REmake models shows Barry's vest in crimson red and same for Richard BUT they are never rendered together in a single game. Now with Remaster its back to burgundy.
          Screw 1.5 this is the REAL mystery.
          Last edited by NEOMEGA; 12-09-2014, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• the truth is out there!
            YouTube video:
            Last edited by B.Zork; 12-10-2014, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• So I finally got the game and anyone else notice the frame-rate is kind of....awful? Also all the music cues are fucked up and especially noticeable during cutscenes. I wouldn't say anything is off sync but....you'll see what I mean if you've played the GC one as much as me. So there's the backward ass control, odd frame-rate and the music glitches to fix.... come on Capcom really? American digital better fix these problems or even better, a patch!

Comment

• Don't think there's anything wrong with the framerate unless you're playing with the new modern controls. I've just been playing it with the classic controls and the framerate looks pretty identical if not a little better than the GC/Wii versions.

Comment

• Given the background vs character resolution mismatch, it's best to go with the last gen versions at 720p, 1080p current gen is pointless, it just makes the characters look more like cardboard cutouts.

Comment

• Its lagging a lot for me on the ps3 especially during cutscenes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                      Given the background vs character resolution mismatch, it's best to go with the last gen versions at 720p, 1080p current gen is pointless, it just makes the characters look more like cardboard cutouts.
                      No way man. Full HD resolution always make it looks better, the textures being bad is another story. It is about video signal's quality, less blur, less jaggies, less distortion. Do the ps3/Xbox upscalles the 720p to 1080p?

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                        No way man. Full HD resolution always make it looks better, the textures being bad is another story. It is about video signal's quality, less blur, less jaggies, less distortion. Do the ps3/Xbox upscalles the 720p to 1080p?
                        Most if not all modern hd tv sets upscale to 1080p using bicubic or bilinear filtering, cheaper Vestel board based tvs are known for having poor upscalers though which are only slightly better than nearest neighbour filtering.
                        Last edited by Mikhail; 12-10-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Just finished the game. I gotta say I love the new completion screen which tells you how many enemies you killed and how many shots you fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                            Most if not all modern hd tv sets upscale to 1080p using bicubic or bilinear filtering, cheaper Vestel board based tvs are known for having poor upscalers though which are only slightly better than nearest neighbour filtering.
                            i mean the Consoles. If it says its 720p, then the TV outputs 720p or 1080p?

Comment

• Sometimes resolution is falsely upscaled like Call of Duty apparantly runs in a max of like 640p but upscales to 720 and 1080

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                                i mean the Consoles. If it says its 720p, then the TV outputs 720p or 1080p?
                                TV takes any signal and upscales it to it's native resolution otherwise you'd be left with a windowbox for 240p, 480 i/p, 576 i/p and 720p, the same as if you where viewing 1280x720 jpgs or bmp on a 1080p screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X