No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I saw this announced, I have to be honest, I just thought to myself, "I'm done."

Seriously, this is so obviously a cash grab and I have no interest in buying the same exact game with slightly better graphics again. I don't care how pretty they are. There's no reason for this to even be made in my opinion and they should be remaking 2, 3 or Code Veronica X if they're going to do a remake. Not even going to consider buying it.

Comment

• But isn't REmake infinitely better than any of those games? At least 3 and CVX.

Besides, all of those games were on multiple platforms. The only version of REmake most people know about is the GCN version. (Archives on the Wii has pretty much been forgotten by everyone) As such, this is like RE4 for the PS2 - they are trying to bring RE to a bigger fanbase by porting it to a much more popular system or systems in this case.

The biggest complaint a lot of people made about REmake is it was only on a system they didn't have. But now they have the chance to finally play it.

Personally though, I just want REZero HD.
      Last edited by Becky's Butt; 08-16-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Zero was shit. Unpopular opinion I know, but the game was mediocre, the story was only ok, and it was too short. Was really excited to play the game, it ended up being one of the biggest disappointments of the series to me.

Comment

• That's not really an unpopular opinion. A lot of people hate RE0. It's one of the few things your RE purists and your more "mainstream" RE fans agree on actually. (purists defined as the "I HATE RE4" crowd while the mainstream RE fans are the ones who enjoyed the old games and RE4)

Comment

• I really don't understand all the ridiculous amount of hatred this is receiving. A game that is 13 years old is getting a HD port on multiple consoles so that other people that never owned a Gamecube or Wii can play it, and people are calling it a cash grab? RE4 has gotten I don't even know how many ports, but as soon as the REmake get's one it's called a cash grab? Really? Capcom is surprisingly trying to do something nice to a classic RE game and fans are gonna shit all over it? Don't be expecting a RE2 remake or any ports of the Outbreak series anytime soon if you're gonna act ungrateful and not support this. Just saying.
            Last edited by CODE_umb87; 08-16-2014, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
              I really don't understand all the ridiculous amount of hatred this is receiving.
              Well, its a port. Ports aren't always a bad thing, but if its just a port and has nothing new added to it other than improved character models, lighting, and adjustable controls...Thats not exactly warranting a re-purchase.

As great a game as it is, its a 13 year old game and should have new content.

A Raid mode like Revelations, a Mercenaries mode, a co-op mode, even just a few new costumes, weapons, and enemy variants.

Something more than just adjusted graphics is a must, because it shows that Capcom is actually giving a shit.

Another reason that people might be iffy, is Capcom is notorious for re-releasing the same game over and over again, though usually with some extra content.

I mean, how many versions of Street Fighter 2 did they release back in the early 90s? They've also re-released Resident Evil(original) for various systems PC, Sega Saturn, DS, not to mention milking it further with "Directors cut".

But again, new content adds longevity to a port, as well as showing that the company is willing to put more into the game than just a simple port. Not a lot of companies are willing to put much new content in a port, which is stupid because most people will recognize that as a quick cash grab.

No one wants to see this game as just a quick cash grab, but at the same time Capcom hasn't exactly been friendly with any of their fanbases over the years and there are so many who are jaded by their poor treatment of fans.

The hatred is more aimed at Capcom than this port.
              Last edited by Wrathborne; 08-16-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• There will be new stuff in this port. We just don't know what yet, and how much.

Comment

• How do we know that there will be new stuff included? Knowing CAPCOM it will just be a simple port. The fact that they went back and touched up the models and improved the lighting is a nice touch. Now all we need is global illumination and ambient occlusion to add the extra bit of realism...
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Unless they are waiting to surprise us with the new content later I highly doubt we'll be getting new content. Sadly we'll probably even get the same menus and everything which is just pathetic. I was sorely disappointed with Archives having the same everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
                      There will be new stuff in this port. We just don't know what yet, and how much.
                      Where was this confirmed? I'm not doubting you I just haven't been following this as closely as I should be.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• I really don't understand all the ridiculous amount of hatred this is receiving
                        People are never happy. Simple as that.

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to this. I assumed that this was never going to happen so it's a pleasant surprise despite the complaints I'm seeing in regard to how the graphics were handled.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                            Where was this confirmed?
                            It wasn't confirmed... officially.

Comment

• I dunno Sly...Hope you're right :/

Comment

• People can bitch and moan all they want, I'm still more excited for this then I have been for 4-6 xD

Comment

Working...
                                X