No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last week I started playing the Bio4 HD remaster.
    I can't comment on the graphics (looks ok to me; but I've never been a nitpicker), but playing the game with a stereo headset on - my goodness some of the sounds sound horrible.

Really hoping this REmake HD remaster isn't just graphics, but the audio side of things gets some love as well.
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 08-18-2014, 06:08 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1ch output is also now supported.
      ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。

Comment

• Neither of these actually increase quality, though. They take literally seconds to do.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Well, remake audio was pretty good, i think it was 16/48000hz, thats enough for today standards. I'm playing stereo, 5.1 sucks. I don't understand all the hate, looks people would be happier if it was never ported.

RE6= want remake!

RE UC/TDC port= want remake!

RE4/CVX port= want remake!

RE Rev port= want remake!

RE ORC= it sux, want remake!

RE4 Ultra ultimate hd= not again, want remake!

RE remake, brand new, one click to play, full digital quality for everyone= cash grab!

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            Neither of these actually increase quality, though. They take literally seconds to do.
            I don't pretend to be an expert on sound quality, because I'm not. I'm just sharing the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
              I don't understand all the hate, looks people would be happier if it was never ported.
              Hate would be shouting "why did they change this/that/whatever!?" for no good reason. Most of the critics come from people expecting CAPCOM to make a port that would let this game truly shine, but instead we get a wonky hack-job that simply smells like "low budget" and that will be sold at full price or something among those lines. Of course, most of us will be happy about REmake getting out of Nintendo's grasps once and for all, however CAPCOM could at least put some effort. Pretty sure people can't be considered haters just because they demand a little quality.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Depends on what you call "full price". If it's 60 bucks then no, it won't cost that much. We already know the japanese price for the old gen versions, so it gives us clues as to what we can expect to pay next year.

Comment

• According to yen/dollar conversion rates, it's about $39 for a physical disk (PS3 only), $36 for DDL (PS3 and XBox One), $49 for Collector's Package (PS3 only), $108 for Limited Edition (PS3 only), and $118 for Complete Edition (PS3 only).
                  Last edited by Gemini; 08-18-2014, 10:52 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• i just happy because we get a new release of this game. even if only very easily done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                      Hate would be shouting "why did they change this/that/whatever!?" for no good reason. Most of the critics come from people expecting CAPCOM to make a port that would let this game truly shine, but instead we get a wonky hack-job that simply smells like "low budget" and that will be sold at full price or something among those lines. Of course, most of us will be happy about REmake getting out of Nintendo's grasps once and for all, however CAPCOM could at least put some effort. Pretty sure people can't be considered haters just because they demand a little quality.
                      Maybe my standards are too low, but i would be completely happy with a Ctrl + c Ctrl + v port; my GC is old, cables faulty, HDTV ruins the game with its filters(can't be disabled).

Unfortunately, quality in games has been abandoned from a LONG time, mainly with AAA games.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
                        People can bitch and moan all they want, I'm still more excited for this then I have been for 4-6 xD
                        This lol

Comment

• A petition for physical release: https://www.change.org/es/peticiones...il-hd-remaster

Though doesn't work, let's see how many signatures can be obtained...

Comment

• With the graphics I am happy alone over the fact that the game will no longer look like total dog shit on my HDTV. Even the wii archives version in 480p looks pretty awful on my HDTV and while my standard tv displays the game quite well it doesn't deliver the experience of playing on a 32 inch.

Comment

• To add some positivity to this thread, I went ahead and made a cover and thought I'd share it

Comment

• I still prefer the original case xD the gamecube case was incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X