Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkSpyda04 View Post
    With a re-release of REmake, the potential is there for something new and exciting out of an already stellar game and people get hyped up over that. I also know that there will be no new content so shame on Capcom for that. When they re-released CVX, they left the game as broken and unfixed as the original and just updated the graphics. When I'm playing the extreme battle game as Wesker, I still get screwed over by pairs of hunters because their one-hit kill attack that they use when you're in CAUTION status can kill you even if you just healed. Nevermind if you get far enough to acquire the magnum for Wesker which is necessary to defeat the boss which uses a one-hit kill at knife range, there's a chance that you get DIJs diary instead which just as the hunters, screws you over.
    They could of just had the PS2 or DC version and called it a day, Instead we got a proper HD port with new effects. CVHD is one of the better things capcom have done in the last few years imo

Only thing that bothered me is the knife glitch, i wish they would of fixed it so i don't end up using it to get through the game lol

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
      I hope this time we'll get a complete trophy set.
      Whoa, I think you're asking too much from Capcom!

Seriously though, why are people expecting new content in this? How many 'HD remasters' have actually added content to a game? Most if anything remove features or content from the original releases.

If you're in US the FFX has the international content added, but EU and Japan already had this.
      MGS2/3 in US get European Extreme difficulty, again others had this already. Lots of stuff missing from these remasters though.
      Silent Hill 2/3 got new voices.
      Soul Calibur II got online added.

I miss anything?
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
        They couldn't even bother to re-render the backgrounds in HD nor is the widescreen support true. you can clearly see that there is NO new details in the pre-rendered backgrounds and it is blatantly upscaled. What's worse is that the upscaling is disgustingly bad that even I can do a better job. Just look closely at the background environment textures, instead of having new details, the current details all seem to be meshed together by some sort of image filtering that looks horrible.
        I have a pretty good set of eyes and the backgrounds do not look upscaled to me. If they are, I'd love to have whatever upscaler they're using...

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
          I have a pretty good set of eyes and the backgrounds do not look upscaled to me. If they are, I'd love to have whatever upscaler they're using...

These pictures just scream "UPSCALED!" and I think at least one of them was linked before in this very thread. If they were rerendered for realzy, you wouldn't be able too see all those veins on cracks and the like. All the backgrounds presented so far in 1280x720 show the same artifacts due to savage upscaling, some less noticeable, some horribly putrid like those above.
          Last edited by Gemini; 08-06-2014, 10:33 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

"why would anybody expect there to be new content for a 13-year old game?"

Because this is how you stay competitive in a market. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
              and Evil Within.
              This is action-horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                "why would anybody expect there to be new content for a 13-year old game?"

Because this is how you stay competitive in a market. -_-
                not really , it's a HD upgrade and remake has many features and modes and costumes You people should just be happy it's actually coming on other consoles apart from GC and Wii,I swear it's never good enough for some people.

And don't give me the "you people?" Joke, it's old.
                Last edited by chrisliam2; 08-06-2014, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Revelations HD had a revamped Raid Mode with lots of new content, and a new (and terrible) monster.
                  On the other hand, RE4HD and RECVXHD had nothing new. There's still hope for bonus modes and/or outfits, but you can forget about supplemental story elements and the like, you'll get none of that.
                  Ticks in the underground levels would be appreciated though. :p

Comment

Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                    And don't give me the "you people?" Joke, it's old.
                    Um...I wasn't thinking about making a "you people" joke, why you think I'd make one if beyond me :/

As for the rest of your comment, an HD upgrade is not enough, especially since we all know that this game is going to be sold at around $50. If I'm gonna pay $50 or $40 for a port of a game, I want more than just the updated graphics because updated graphics on this game isn't worth $40 or $50. The game is 13 years old and its graphics and textures still look fine to me, they could have done a straight port with the original graphics and as long as they included some decent new content, I wouldn't complain at all.

New content however is a must, because for those of us who beat the crap out of this game many times over, mixing in a new game mode and a few new enemies wouldn't exactly justify buying it all over again, but it'd be pretty close to doing so. If not something a bit more action based for the newer fanbase they've been trying to appeal too since RE4.

I dont think asking for a new game mode, or a simple co-op online 2-3 player mode is exactly asking for much. The online co-op mode for Revelations on the PC port was a blast and something similar for this game would be amazing.

Just being happy that the game is coming out is NOT the attitude to have with this game though, this is capcom, they've fucked us all over many times in the past 10 years and they've told us all to basically "fuck off" when the series became more mainstream. Now its almost like they're crawling back to us and if they're going to put out survival horror again I'm happy...but I'm VERY skeptical and jaded as well.

If they want my money, they need to add something more to what they're offering now, because they fucked up a great series and told the original fan base they didn't care about them anymore. Thats bad business, I get that this may be them attempting to make amends...but its not enough. Put in a raid mode or something like Revelations did, or just something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                      The CAPCOM guys are probably laughing at all the people thinking that they re rendered the backgrounds:

Click image for larger version

Name:	r21a_023.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	403721

It is not exactly the same result, I don't know the settings they used, but notice the painting like damaged wall texture, the highlights on the tubes and the general noise in dark areas, also, it seems that the resolution is different, they used something like 1280x980 in the screenshot, is it also possible that the upscaling was done from a slightly higher resolution picture (800x600 probably), or from a non jpeg-compressed source.

Upscaled from:

Click image for larger version

Name:	r21a_023_ORIGINAL.png
Views:	1
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	403722

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                        The CAPCOM guys are probably laughing at all the people thinking that they re rendered the backgrounds:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9685[/ATTACH]

It is not exactly the same result, I don't know the settings they used, but notice the painting like damaged wall texture, the highlights on the tubes and the general noise in dark areas, also, it seems that the resolution is different, they used something like 1280x980 in the screenshot, is it also possible that the upscaling was done from a slightly higher resolution picture (800x600 probably), or from a non jpeg-compressed source.

Upscaled from:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9686[/ATTACH]
                        I guess their upscales are basically from the same renders they used for the GC/Wii version, just that they're the original renders (probably 720x480 or 1024x768) from before they were encoded/converted down to the 512x448 (or whatever) motion jpgs or whatever it was they were using in those games at the time. So a slight increase in quality; sure, but no complete re-renders in full HD.
                        Last edited by Carnivol; 08-06-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

As for the rest of your comment, an HD upgrade is not enough
                          Again, when nobody else is doing this, why? It is delivering everything people expect from HD remasters, ie, resolution boost and little to nothing else. There is no competition they need to outdo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                            Again, when nobody else is doing this, why? It is delivering everything people expect from HD remasters, ie, resolution boost and little to nothing else. There is no competition they need to outdo.
                            Square did with FF tactics:War of the lions.

Comment

Square did with FF tactics:War of the lions.
                              Not even a HD remaster, it was ported to PSP ffs...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                                this remaster is probably more about Capcom seeing how open the wider audience are to this traditional experience than hardcore RE fans. And hopefully titles like DayZ, ZombiU & Alien: Isolation will show that there is still fertile ground in the survival horror genre for ideas.
                                The port of REmake to modern platforms gives plenty of people the opportunity to see the way Resident Evil used to be but I can't help but think Resident Evil lost all its credibility with RE6 and nobody will even touch REmake simply because it has the name "Resident Evil" on it. Then again there's also a possibility that newbies to the REmake experience will find the game so interesting that news will spread by word of mouth and it will become hugely successful. Or maybe instead people will play it and complain that there's not enough ammo to kill zombies. It's kind of hard to tell what will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X