Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    Not even a HD remaster, it was ported to PSP ffs...
    You missed the point, here is all the extra stuff the War of the Lions had added.

A new translation(though it becomes a chore to read the overly pretentious attempt at archaic English)

CGI cutscenes(which the terrible new dialogue overwhelmed, a skip scene feature would have been great)

new characters added in the game(Luso and Balthier)

new battles added to the game(including finishing the Reis/Beowolf mini story arc)

2 new classes added to the game(though Onion knight adds nothing new, its still a cute throwback)

Co-op mode/rendezvous added

Yes, the game isn't HD...and look at all the extra nifty stuff that was added. Even if I cant stand chunks of the new translation it doesn't change the game itself, because the game is amazing.
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 08-06-2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

^FFT PSP also had added slowdown and a wonky spell effects. (But, yeah, good to see someone else than me agree that the "ye olde American English" retranslation of it was a tad bit tedious).

A better sample of someone redoing something, would be Star Ocean - First Departure, but sadly ... I can't say I approve of the way they handled both that and Second Evolution.

Comment

Oh christ...the slowdown, thats the second biggest drawback in the game, the translation is the first, its really bad in certain points...it just sounds stupid as hell.

I think the one line from Princess Ovelia that still makes me roll my eyes is "would that I were born no princess".

Still the slowdown is tolerable, even though it always feel off.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          especially since we all know that this game is going to be sold at around $50.
          Where are you getting that this will be priced at $50? The game is a little over a decade old and can be finished in as little as 3 hours.....and the fact that it's gonna be digital only makes me think more around the $30 to $35 mark.

As for wanting more content, has anyone here even played the GameCube or Wii versions on a HDTV? It's horrible.....blurry and stretched backgrounds, pixelated character models.....yeah it looked beautiful on a SD TV but it's so frustrating to play this looking like crap on a HD knowing it once looked nice. The fact that it will actually look decent on my TV is ENOUGH for me. I don't understand why that can't be enough for some people. I can't even think of anything interesting they could possibly add that would fit this style of gameplay. The leech Hunter mode in RE0 was so annoying with the door loading screens, I honestly could do without any extra modes like that.

Maybe some extra costumes but in the end, it really shouldn't matter if they add anything or not. People have literally been begging Capcom to re-release the Outbreak games and ports of Zero and Remake for years and now that it's finally happening people are saying they're not gonna support it because they were now expecting a top-notch crisp re-rendering of the backgrounds and extra content? I never thought we would ever again see classic RE put back into the spotlight like this going multi-platform.....and now people are just gonna turn this opportunity down and not support it? Then I guess you guys can expect another yummy slice of RE6 in about a year.

Comment

Actually, they made it hd when they ported that to ios, along with fixing the slowdown. I should know, I have it on my ipad.

Comment

You guys do realize the game will more than likely sell for the same price point as CV and 4 in hd right, $20 seems more than fair for a remaster from 2002.

Comment

One thing we all know will happen is that when this releases it'll be 2005 all over again when people who played RE4 bought remake. On Gamefaqs topics were being made everyday saying "I loved Re4 then played this and I hate the controls. Also its too hard whys there no ammo?"

Fans of Re5 and Re6 will play this and get frusterated and say the games sucks and is flawed but in the end Capcom don't care as they already have their money!

Comment

Luckily the slowdown on FFT WotL can mostly be patched

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                    The CAPCOM guys are probably laughing at all the people thinking that they re rendered the backgrounds:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9685[/ATTACH]

It is not exactly the same result, I don't know the settings they used, but notice the painting like damaged wall texture, the highlights on the tubes and the general noise in dark areas, also, it seems that the resolution is different, they used something like 1280x980 in the screenshot, is it also possible that the upscaling was done from a slightly higher resolution picture (800x600 probably), or from a non jpeg-compressed source.

Upscaled from:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9686[/ATTACH]
                    Seems exactly the same, except upscaled and with "plastic sharpen" filters.

Comment

oh shit guess we can't play anymore

Click image for larger version

Name:	remake illuminati.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	403723

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                        One thing we all know will happen is that when this releases it'll be 2005 all over again when people who played RE4 bought remake. On Gamefaqs topics were being made everyday saying "I loved Re4 then played this and I hate the controls. Also its too hard whys there no ammo?"

Fans of Re5 and Re6 will play this and get frusterated and say the games sucks and is flawed but in the end Capcom don't care as they already have their money!
                        It's not catered towards that market so if they go in knowing the gameplay is slower and still buy the game xD well thats on them. Either way more sales for remake so booyah.

Comment

I'm fine with my Gamecube version, but I hope it sells well.

That being said.... Another fucking remaster?
                          Last edited by Renard; 08-06-2014, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post

These pictures just scream "UPSCALED!" and I think at least one of them was linked before in this very thread. If they were rerendered for realzy, you wouldn't be able too see all those veins on cracks and the like. All the backgrounds presented so far in 1280x720 show the same artifacts due to savage upscaling, some less noticeable, some horribly putrid like those above.
                            This is what I'm saying!!!

What can we do to bring this point to the top? This is like seriously bad.

Despite from the screens shots, when people buy this and play it when things are in motion, they will clock that "something aint right here", which leads to the poorly upscaled, filtered backgrounds. This needs to stop!

*bloody is boiling*

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                              The CAPCOM guys are probably laughing at all the people thinking that they re rendered the backgrounds:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9685[/ATTACH]

It is not exactly the same result, I don't know the settings they used, but notice the painting like damaged wall texture, the highlights on the tubes and the general noise in dark areas, also, it seems that the resolution is different, they used something like 1280x980 in the screenshot, is it also possible that the upscaling was done from a slightly higher resolution picture (800x600 probably), or from a non jpeg-compressed source.

Upscaled from:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9686[/ATTACH]
                              This is absolute evident!

I infact just had a go with this myself, I've done in just a matter of minutes. Knowing this, they've probably done everything within a few hours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	my go.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	403724

Comment

Whoa, I think you're asking too much from Capcom!
                                Maybe you're right but how hard is it to add a few more trophies rather than doing the usual 12 trophies a game routine.

Seriously though, why are people expecting new content in this? How many 'HD remasters' have actually added content to a game? Most if anything remove features or content from the original releases.

If you're in US the FFX has the international content added, but EU and Japan already had this.
                                MGS2/3 in US get European Extreme difficulty, again others had this already. Lots of stuff missing from these remasters though.
                                Silent Hill 2/3 got new voices.
                                Soul Calibur II got online added.

I miss anything?
                                Virtual Fighter 2 got online as well.

I think it's a little crazy asking new content for a 12 year old game which is already perfect.
                                Last edited by aris13; 08-07-2014, 03:48 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X