Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 Trade Show Demo

Hi,

I was just browsing through EBay and I came across this interesting CD. According to the seller. It is a Resident Evil 2 Trade Show demo (The ones that are playable at events like TGS, E3, etc.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Rare-R...item486b83a99a

Just wanted to know your take on this CD?

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	406275
    sigpic
    www.unitedstateslines.net

Nothing exciting in terms of contents:
    Resource to survival horror games releases - games, promos, demos, soundtracks, movies, and books.

As for the price, these sold for $50 3-5 years ago. You don't see them often anymore, so today a fair price is probably $150-200.
    lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Someone should tell scammers what "NOT FOR RESALE" means. With all due respect I'd laugh at someone who buys this, nobody in his right mind would pay 800 dollars for something that's included for free with the RE Director's Cut.
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

First, I'm very happy that people sell old "not for resale" items. If not there would be a lot of demos/protos we never played, including RE1.5.

He's also not scamming anyone. Scamming means that you buy something and you don't get what you paid for. In this case you pay for the RE2 Trade Demo, and you get the RE2 Trade Demo. He's not pointing a gun at anyone and forcing them to buy it for $800.

It also amazes me that people still react to these make-offer auctions with high buy-it-now prices. They've been around for years, people should have figured them out by now. He set a high BIN price so that nobody will buy it! Then he can review any best-offers he gets and sell it if he deems the price good enough. He does not expect to make $800 for this. I'm personally not a fan of these make-offer auctions, but it is what it is...

For whatever it's worth, I bought a Silent Hill Trade Demo from him, submitting a reasonable best offer and he accepted it.
        Last edited by Anders; 08-16-2014, 10:21 AM.
        lostreleases // demopals

Comment

If I'd get a demo disk or whatever (for free) I wouldn't try to make profit by selling it at a hilarious price, I would share it on the web for whoever wants it. And of course I wouldn't give my money to these kind of people, no matter if it's 800, 200 or just 50, that's how I look at it.

No point of comparisson between this and something like the 1.5, this is just an ordinary demo that every old RE fan might have played already.
          Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 08-16-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

But if me and Anders want your free demo disc, who would you give it to?

Comment

Give it to Carnivol. Ander's has always been a shady character.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                If I'd get a demo disk or whatever (for free) I wouldn't try to make profit by selling it at a hilarious price, I would share it on the web for whoever wants it.
                It's not the content that matters, but the disc itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                  Someone should tell scammers what "NOT FOR RESALE" means. With all due respect I'd laugh at someone who buys this, nobody in his right mind would pay 800 dollars for something that's included for free with the RE Director's Cut.
                  Do you know what it means? Not For Resale typically means that it isn't marked for individual sale, not that it is against some imaginary rule to do so. In many cases, that means they lack the barcode that would make it scannable by PoS systems in retail stores. Sure, the company could make it more difficult to sell by putting the label on it, but it isn't suddenly illegal unless an agreement was signed Good article:
                  Last edited by Borman; 08-16-2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Don't want to de-rail this thread further, I was just giving an opinion but if you guys think there's nothing wrong with this procedures then go ahead and buy his hyper valuable disk. I don't care if it is or not against the law, it's simply not right to me, and I have several arguments to think so but this isn't the place to discuss that.

Comment

Working...
                    X