Jill vs. Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jill vs. Chris

For all the fans of old RE1, here is something I've noticed over the years...

Most people play Jill.
    Very few people play Chris. And if they did, they don't remember much of it.

i myself never played Chris in the first RE game. I don't know why but since then I've seen like, Let's Plays on YT and stuff and noticed that Chris' route barely has any story or anything to make it memorable. Barry always being there for Jill might have been somewhat of a gameplay crutch but it also made her playthrough more memorable. Chris meanwhile can avoid Rebecca almost indefinitely. The one playthrough I watched had approximately three interactions with her, four if you count her being decapitated by the Hunter. Also the one interaction was optional and missable and they only got it because they were poisoned. So, really, 2 interactions with her.

Now I realize one of the things RE1 has that not even the far more beloved RE2 can boast is the great variety of things that can happen. i'm sure you could meet up with Rebecca more, even discounting letting her die. She can help you with the V-JOLT right? The guy i watched didn't do that, he just killed Plant 42 on his own.

In any case, which character do you like to play as and why? Have you also observed a "Jill preference"?
    Last edited by Becky's Butt; 08-17-2014, 06:41 PM.

I never really play Jill. Probably play Chris 10x as much. The only reason is for the extra challenge.
    sigpic

Comment

I play Jill. I like her ass.

Comment

I like to play as both. The strange thing is that I prefer to play as Chris in REmake but Jill in the original.

Obviously, most people prefer to play as Jill. Because :
        1/ She's cute
        2/ her encounters with Barry are more interesting
        3/ it's "easier" with her lockpick and 2 extra slots in her inventory (less backtracking)

Generally speaking, I really like to play as Jill in the series. Probably because she manages to be that kind of serious soldier type while retaining her charming feminine side. Too bad her personnality is a bit bland.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind having her as the main protagonist for RE7.

Comment

I'm with BB here. I prefer the extra challenge of being Chris, but the Jill, Barry & Wesker relationship helps keep the gaming moving than the Rebecca story. By the time Chris bumps into Wesker in the outhouse, on the way back ot the mansion, you're quite detached from the original situation. It's a shame that Rebecca's relationship with the rest of the Bravo team wasn't explored further and used to throw up a Wesker / Umbrella sub-plot on par with Barry's betrayel.

I think I would have also preferred it if Rebecca was always available for healing in safe rooms (1 at a time, depending on plot) and less herbs & sprays were dotted around the mansion for Chris' game. This would encourage the players to not carry herbs with them so much, reducing back tracking and increasing the challenge.
          "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

I always played as Jill for a while, coz it was easier (I was only 7 at the time RE1 director's cut came out, so cut me some slack lol)
            I finished the game multiple times as her, no problem..

Chris's game, I didn't really start until I got into the series more (started RE2 at the time, and went back to play as Chris in RE1)

Obviously his game was harder, but I loved being able to play as Rebecca (if only briefly).. having only 6 slots and all the backtracking was annoying, but Chris had more health and seemed better in combat than Jill..

Even on REmake, I hate playing as Chris to this day lol ... I still prefer Jill.
            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

I like to play as chris because he can draw weapons faster and can take more hits than jill, but jill's story is more entertaining with barry lol !

Comment

Chris is boring. I always pick Jill.

Comment

Most players start with Jill and most casual gamers prefer to play as Jill because it's easier due to her two extra inventory slots (great for those who don't like much backtracking), the grenade launcher, lockpicks and Barry saving her ass several times.
                  I play and like both, but prefer Chris because of the extra challenge, albeit he has his cons, he has more HP than Jill and his lighter doesn't take space in his inventory.
                  Playing Chris on Real Survival is especially fun, you'll need a lot of backtracking if you don't plan your route well.
                  Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 08-18-2014, 08:58 PM.
                  The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

For me I always play as Jill because for some reason I always pick the female in any game if I had the choice.

Comment

In the original I always chose Jill because the dialog between her and Barry was hilarious. In REmake I usually chose Jill because the grenade launcher glitch was too fun to ignore.

Also,

Because I wasn't swimming in it when I was 16.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by Graco View Post
                        In the original I always chose Jill because the dialog between her and Barry was hilarious. In REmake I usually chose Jill because the grenade launcher glitch was too fun to ignore.
                        Hilarious? You must be talking about a different game.

The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Working...
                        X