BIO5/BIO6 Black Bars Removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIO5/BIO6 Black Bars Removal?

Is it possible to mod out the black bars during the cutscenes of the BIO5/BIO6 PC versions? I've seen it done for many other games, I'm hoping it's possible for these before I go ahead and begin recording them.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Is it possible to mod out the black bars during the cutscenes of the BIO5/BIO6 PC versions? I've seen it done for many other games, I'm hoping it's possible for these before I go ahead and begin recording them.
    It should be a simple on/off flag I did it in re4 to turn off the hud during the radio transmissions, use cheat engine and search for 00 during gamplay then 01 during the cutscences it should give you the address to disable it with 00 or vice versa depending on which value it uses to enable/disable.
    By the way how do you encode in h265 vp9 or webm? for me it takes forever to encode vs h264, any tips?

Comment

Do you have a link to any cheat engines for them?

What CPU do you have? I have an Intel i5 3570K overclocked at 4.6Ghz and, with h264, my videos generally encode at an average of 8fps. So I have pretty low standards for encoding speeds. Slower generally means better quality on high-end hardware. Being more complicated, h265 is probably even slower for me. Just the way the cookie crumbles when it comes to video encoding.

I wouldn't bother with VP9. I don't use webm either, it's pretty pointless to me.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        Do you have a link to any cheat engines for them?

What CPU do you have? I have an Intel i5 3570K overclocked at 4.6Ghz and, with h264, my videos generally encode at an average of 8fps. So I have pretty low standards for encoding speeds. Slower generally means better quality on high-end hardware. Being more complicated, h265 is probably even slower for me. Just the way the cookie crumbles when it comes to video encoding.

I wouldn't bother with VP9. I don't use webm either, it's pretty pointless to me.

I'm using a APQ8064–FLO and ffmpeg using the following command
        -c:v libx264 -b 4M -c:a libfaac -ab 192k -ar 4410
        it takes around four minutes to encode 30 seconds, I gave up on
        -c:v libvpx-vp9 -strict experimental
        after 30 mins, SCR Pro uses the inbuilt h264 encoder and i'm able to screen record 720p 5mbps in realtime.
        Last edited by Mikhail; 08-19-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Four minutes to encode 30 seconds is pretty normal if you're aiming for some semblance of quality. Given that you're on a tablet I'm surprised it doesn't take you even longer.

Comment

Working...
          X