Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claire is back in Revelations 2 along with Burton....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claire is back in Revelations 2 along with Burton....

Moira Burton that is!

http://www.push-start.co.uk/all/plat...d-burton-more/ (more pics here)

- Claire Redfield will return as the playable lead and it is said that “In the time since we last saw her (Claire), she’s grown to be a seasoned veteran.”

- Claire will be joined throughout the campaign with Moira Burton, daughter of the legendary Barry Burton.

- The campaign will be playable in co-op or singleplayer.

- When playing as Claire, her style will be more combat focused. Whereas Moira will be supplying Claire with health herbs, provided the flashlight and general support.

- Claire will be the only player death that will result in a Game Over, one of Moira’s key roles will be to help keep Claire alive (though Claire can obviously heal herself).

- The story will take place on an abandoned island detention facility.

- The campaign will begin with Claire and Moira awakening after being abducted.

- The events will take place between the events of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6.

- Gameplay will be much more Survival Horror orientated (much like the first Resident Evil: Revelations), bringing the series back to its roots with less over the top action, unlike Resident Evil 5 and 6.

- Fan feedback has played a part in the development of Resident Evil: Revelations 2. Producer Okabe said that “The project has been finding the line between listening to fan feedback and also doing something different to confound expectations.”

- Okabe also said that “I want this to be both a game that doesn’t lose what made its predecessor great, while also bringing something new and exciting to the Resident Evil series.” He also added that “Achieving that lofty goal by bringing together past and future will make this an itchy-tasty prospect indeed.”

- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will feature a new “Afflicted” enemy type, which “may look like zombies, but are in fact something quite different.”

- The Afflicted enemy will be both fast and able to deal heavy damage to the player. It is also said that they will force the player to decide whether to take them head-on, sneak up using stealth and applying a take-down or the player can run for the hills and “preserve ammo”.

- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will run at 1080p and 60fps (for the PC and new gen versions at least).

Holy crap I'm excited! Everything sounds pretty great! This also means a high probability that Barry himself will appear!
    Last edited by atlier00; 09-06-2014, 09:17 AM.

Claire Redfield will return as the playable lead and it is said that “In the time since we last saw her (Claire), she’s grown to be a seasoned veteran.”
    Claire will be joined throughout the campaign with Moira Burton, daughter of the legendary Barry Burton.
    The campaign will be playable in co-op or singleplayer.
    When playing as Claire, her style will be more combat focused. Whereas Moira will be supplying Claire with health herbs, provided the flashlight and general support.
    Claire will be the only player death that will result in a Game Over, one of Moira’s key roles will be to help keep Claire alive (though Claire can obviously heal herself).
    The story will take place on an abandoned island detention facility.
    The campaign will begin with Claire and Moira awakening after being abducted.
    The events will take place between the events of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6.
    Gameplay will be much more Survival Horror orientated (much like the first Resident Evil: Revelations), bringing the series back to its roots with less over the top action, unlike Resident Evil 5 and 6.
    Fan feedback has played a part in the development of Resident Evil: Revelations 2. Producer Okabe said that “The project has been finding the line between listening to fan feedback and also doing something different to confound expectations.”
    Okabe also said that “I want this to be both a game that doesn’t lose what made its predecessor great, while also bringing something new and exciting to the Resident Evil series.” He also added that “Achieving that lofty goal by bringing together past and future will make this an itchy-tasty prospect indeed.”
    Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will feature a new “Afflicted” enemy type, which “may look like zombies, but are in fact something quite different.”
    The Afflicted enemy will be both fast and able to deal heavy damage to the player. It is also said that they will force the player to decide whether to take them head-on, sneak up using stealth and applying a take-down or the player can run for the hills and “preserve ammo”.
    Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will run at 1080p and 60fps (for the PC and new gen versions at least).

and more scans here http://www.push-start.co.uk/all/plat...d-burton-more/
    Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah forgot to format the quote so I re edited it.

Comment

I didn't recognize Claire at first. Her face looks very different. I'm curious if single player will truly be just that, or will we have an AI companion forced upon us? I'd rather that not be the case but it would seem as such. Capcom should follow the DS3 model for co-op if they insist on implementing it into all future RE titles.

EDIT: Just checked out the other screenshots and wow, this looks pretty awesome in regard to atmosphere. I hope the grainy quality isn't a result of the scanning method used because it suits the gameplay so well.

TGS footage, right nao.
        Last edited by Graco; 09-06-2014, 09:41 AM.
        sigpic
        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Again with the co-op?, jesus Capcom. Very happy that Claire is back but why not Becca?, is really neccessary to make a "new" character?.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
            Again with the co-op?, jesus Capcom. Very happy that Claire is back but why not Becca?, is really neccessary to make a "new" character?.
            It's a very VERY different kind of co-op this time around.
            Spoiler:

Comment

"sneak up using stealth and applying a take-down"

Urgh...
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Hopefully it won't be ridiculously easy to stealth kill everything in the game.
                sigpic
                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Sounds to me a bit like Capcom getting ideas from The Last of Us.

Moira sounds like Ellie's role, the stealth and stealth kills stuff, only Claire counts as death etc...
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
                    Like Dark_Chris said, it seems to be a very different kind of co-op. Moira doesn't use weapons from what I can tell. She heals and holds a flashlight. If the game is that dark could you imagine the gameplay possibility? Moira trying to shine light on the enemy Claire can attack the enemy. It sounds pretty intense.

As for Moira's inclusion, you know its so they can bring Barry back in. I just wonder what the circumstances are for Claire and Moira to be kidnapped together. Maybe someone with a grudge against Chris and Barry? Or maybe Moira joined up with Terra Save?

Comment

Barry goes to rescue them, so he will also be playable.

Moira is a member of TerraSave along with Claire.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Excellent news Looks awesome from what I have just seen , Just get ready for all the " It's a last of us ripoff " crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                          Sounds to me a bit like Capcom getting ideas from The Last of Us.

Moira sounds like Ellie's role, the stealth and stealth kills stuff, only Claire counts as death etc...
                          The enemies seem like they may behave like TLoU zombies as well, but I've always wanted Capcom to revisit Crimson Heads so that's not really a negative for me. It depends on how abundant ammunition for the more powerful weapons will be.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think everybody can see someone at Capcom loved TLOU, but is that really a bad thing? I say NO! I love everything we saw from REV2 so far. Capcom is in a bad shape. They need money and they need them fast. So they play this game safe. Not a bad thing considering it's not a numbered tittle, but a prequel with a limited budget.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              Barry goes to rescue them, so he will also be playable.

Moira is a member of TerraSave along with Claire.
                              I kind of figured as much. So I guess it now comes down to who is kidnapping TerraSave members. Or was it specifically Claire they were after and Moira got caught in the crossfire?

Comment

Working...
                              X