Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Claire Redfield in Revelations 2 and more

  1. #1
    #41 Kipepeo
    xfactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,402

    Default Claire Redfield in Revelations 2 and more

    Scans for Revelations 2 has appeared online, which reveal a lot of details about the game, including claire's appearance. click on the link for more
    http://www.push-start.co.uk/all/plat...d-burton-more/

  2. #2
    #32 Birkin Type 4 TheBatMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bolton, UK
    Posts
    912

    Default

    OMG Claire's face! Let's spend 15 pages talking about that and 1 page about the actual game...
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

  3. #3
    #24 Black Tiger
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    537

    Default

    The other girl kinda look like dante from DMC reboot !

  4. #4
    #25 Neptune Grem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBatMan
    OMG Claire's face! Let's spend 15 pages talking about that and 1 page about the actual game...
    Sigh....yeah, I see that everywhere "Claire has been butchered !" What a bunch of retards who need to buy glasses. It's almost the exact same face as before ! Just a little older....
    Reminds me of RE5 with Jill who had the same face as in REmake, but everyone talked crap about her "big nose" and so on.
    Last edited by Grem; 09-06-2014 at 01:21 PM.

  5. #5
    #14 Drain Deimos atlier00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Thanks to James Rutland on the tombraiderforums board for pointing this out.




    The woman behind the girl in white is Moira. The woman is dressed exactly like Moira is in the linked screenshots: Black jacket, white shirt and denim shorts with stockings.

    So we can probably assume that is in fact Barry she is talking to, like many people suspected. I'm pretty excited.


    Also Claire looks like a cross between her degeneration and darkside face. I'm fine with it. She can't look 19 forever.
    Last edited by atlier00; 09-06-2014 at 01:45 PM.

  6. #6
    #25 Neptune Grem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Yup, that's Barry. We can be sure of it.

    He's seen two times in the concept trailer. You can spot him also during the jail part...the guy with military clothes holding a radio.

    So, I guess Barry will go on a solo mission to rescue Claire and Moira. He will fill the same role as Chris in the first Revelations, more or less.

  7. #7
    #26 Yawn RaccoonSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lincolnshire, England
    Posts
    647

    Default

    I knew it .. all those people that said Claire would only be a cameo - about time she got a lead role after Leon and Chris have hogged it for so long now..
    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

  8. #8
    #49 Giant Majini

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    Now we just wait for someone to barrage Alyson Court with tweets demanding she say if she's returning for the voice or not...

  9. #9
    #35 Nemesis Bianca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    I am ridiculously happy. This was one time where I was so very much hoping, yet refused to allow myself to believe. SUCH a nice surprise.

  10. #10
    Savior of the Red Herb
    Canas Renvall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mason, MI
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rombie View Post
    Now we just wait for someone to barrage Alyson Court with tweets demanding she say if she's returning for the voice or not...
    ... *cough* >.>

    ANYWAY...

    I fear that the horror isn't over... First it was Los Jilluminados with Jill's face in RE5... but a new threat has risen. The new force of face-complaining... The [insert witty pun with Claire's name].
    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 09-06-2014 at 03:49 PM.

  11. #11
    #42 Majini Dark_Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    1,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canas Renvall View Post
    ... *cough* >.>

    ANYWAY...

    I fear that the horror isn't over... First it was Los Jilluminados with Jill's face in RE5... but a new threat has risen. The new force of face-complaining... The [insert witty pun with Claire's name].
    Behold of Los CLairuminados...
    Spoiler:

  12. #12
    #35 Nemesis Bianca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canas Renvall View Post
    First it was Los Jilluminados with Jill's face in RE5... but a new threat has risen. The new force of face-complaining... The [insert witty pun with Claire's name].
    I think Claire fans complained enough about how she looked like a chicken in Degeneration... Although, to be fair, she kind of did. The motion capture in that film was, admittedly, bizarre as hell.

  13. #13
    #44 Wetland Majini GuardhouseMusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
    I am ridiculously happy. This was one time where I was so very much hoping, yet refused to allow myself to believe. SUCH a nice surprise.
    There she is It has been a while since I frequented THIA, and with the news of Claire's main character status in this game (which is indeed the bees knees), one of the things I anticipated was your presence!

    On another note, do you guys think that it'll be beneficial or detrimental in the long-run that this game seems to take some obvious cues from The Last of Us? I can see "journalists" shunting this title on the front of previews, or even reviews too focused on those aspects, whether or not it turns out to be a quality game. Now, I am not jumping the gun and saying Rev 2 will most definitely kill it, but I actually like the thinly-veiled TLoU touches (esp the idea that Moira is limited in her support). I am interested in how they translate to this series. Also, I've always felt that TLoU received a lot of unnecessary publication fellatio; it was a solid game with a great amount of polish, but still average in the context of zombie media, third person titles, and game narrative. Whatevs.

  14. #14
    #42 Majini Dark_Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    1,574

    Default

    I think inspiration by TLOU is logical step for every game in the survivor horror genre. Just take a look at The Evil Within. Stealth in that game is TLOU rip off and no one is bitching about it. In my opinion TLOU set a new standart. Developers knows it, journalists knows it, gamers (probably) knows it. So I don't think anyone's gonna bitching about it. Sure everyone's gonna talk about it, but that's it.
    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 09-06-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    Spoiler:

  15. #15
    Mad Jackal
    TheSelfishGene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    I'm fine with it taking cues from The Last of Us. It was a great game. Better that than Bio6... Anything but Bio6

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Chris View Post
    In my opinion TLOU set a new standart. Developers knows it, journalists knows it, gamers (probably) knows it. So I don't think anyone's gonna bitching about it. Sure everyone's gonna talk about it, but that's it.
    ^This popped up as I was posting. Totally agree 100%
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 09-06-2014 at 04:17 PM.

  16. #16
    #35 Nemesis Bianca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
    There she is It has been a while since I frequented THIA, and with the news of Claire's main character status in this game (which is indeed the bees knees), one of the things I anticipated was your presence!
    Aww, shucks! ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
    On another note, do you guys think that it'll be beneficial or detrimental in the long-run that this game seems to take some obvious cues from The Last of Us? I can see "journalists" shunting this title on the front of previews, or even reviews too focused on those aspects, whether or not it turns out to be a quality game. Now, I am not jumping the gun and saying Rev 2 will most definitely kill it, but I actually like the thinly-veiled TLoU touches (esp the idea that Moira is limited in her support). I am interested in how they translate to this series. Also, I've always felt that TLoU received a lot of unnecessary publication fellatio; it was a solid game with a great amount of polish, but still average in the context of zombie media, third person titles, and game narrative. Whatevs.
    This is interesting--and, it's something I've been considering myself for a larger portion of the last year... I think there's a lot about Last of Us that the Resident Evil series could use, storytelling-wise; however, I am not confident in Capcom to be able to succeed in this, which is disappointing, to me, because I've always felt the cast of the RE series was much more interesting (with greater emotional draw) than a majority of other characters in video games.

  17. #17
    #44 Wetland Majini GuardhouseMusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    I always posit that RE5 and 6 each had what the other needed- RE5 needed more variety vis a vis enemy encounters and a more substantial campaign with greater variation in its sequences than just go here, kill these enemies, continue. RE6 needed a whole lot less than what it had; if its length was closer to RE5, perhaps with an episodic layout not unlike Revelations, there would not have been such bloatedness (e.g. I liked the Raskalpagne enemy but did we really need it in each character's campaign?).

    That this game seems to continue what its predecessor put forth with co-op derived less from simply combat certainly has potential.

  18. #18
    #55 Oswell E. Spencer Wrathborne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    I've kind of been thinking more about this partner system they're talking about and what Moiras role is and...I kind of dont like it on reflection.

    This is just an assumption, but are we really getting another NPC character who cant defend themselves? If Moira uses like a knife, metal pipe, a stungun, a crowbar or anything like that, I got no problem. She doesnt have to have a gun but I remembered the short mines bit from RE5 where you or the NPC carries those giant lights while the other fights the majini in the dark...and I hated that shit.

    The more I think about this co-op system they got the more it sounds like a combination of RE0(minus the AI partner attacking), and RE4. I dont really want to see that repeated, but as long as Moira can at lees carry a melee weapon to fight back with and support Claire, I have no problems at all.

    Not every character needs to have or use a gun to fight and I think its time that they put a bit more emphasis on other weapons.
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 09-06-2014 at 05:07 PM.

  19. #19
    #42 Majini Dark_Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    1,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathborne View Post
    I've kind of been thinking more about this partner system they're talking about and what Moiras role is and...I kind of dont like it on reflection.

    This is just an assumption, but are we really getting another NPC character who cant defend themselves? If Moira uses like a knife, metal pipe, a stungun, a crowbar or anything like that, I got no problem. She doesnt have to have a gun but I remembered the short mines bit from RE5 where you or the NPC carries those giant lights while the other fights the majini in the dark...and I hated that shit.

    The more I think about this co-op system they got the more it sounds like a combination of RE0(minus the AI partner attacking), and RE4. I dont really want to see that repeated, but as long as Moira can at lees carry a melee weapon to fight back with and support Claire, I have no problems at all.

    Not every character needs to have or use a gun to fight and I think its time that they put a bit more emphasis on other weapons.
    She probably can defend herself in a way like Ellie at the begining of TLOU. She can stun enemy or hit them, but can't kill them. After all Moira can't die.
    Spoiler:

  20. #20
    #20 Hunter Beta Kei_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    350

    Default

    I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet but on her twitter Alyson Court has said she hasn't been contacted by Capcom to record anything for Claire so it's looking like the unthinkable has happened and Alyson Court has been replaced. I imagine it has something to do with Claire being such a 'veteran' now, but I'm hoping she denied it as some part of disclosure thing =[ She'll have some MIGHTY big shoes to fill...it's not like Ada's voice where it's easier to replicate, Alyson Court has such a unique voice...

    That being said, it's cool to see Moira. She was always a character in mind for my nerdy fanfictions :B Glad she wasn't forgotten.

    ALSO.

    I think Claire looks great, I was worried that since Jill stole the ponytail look, we'd just get like a reskin of Jill but I think she looks fantastic. I like the way the ponytail falls in a wavy way, showing that she's still a bit of a stylish girl despite the professional attire (which is a little jarring...) I guess maybe Claire's mercenaries alternate outfit may be her professional look~? I can totally picture her with glasses now and I kind of want it to happen again o_O.
    Last edited by Kei_M; 09-06-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •