Claire Redfield in Revelations 2 and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
    There she is It has been a while since I frequented THIA, and with the news of Claire's main character status in this game (which is indeed the bees knees), one of the things I anticipated was your presence!
    Aww, shucks! ;)

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
    On another note, do you guys think that it'll be beneficial or detrimental in the long-run that this game seems to take some obvious cues from The Last of Us? I can see "journalists" shunting this title on the front of previews, or even reviews too focused on those aspects, whether or not it turns out to be a quality game. Now, I am not jumping the gun and saying Rev 2 will most definitely kill it, but I actually like the thinly-veiled TLoU touches (esp the idea that Moira is limited in her support). I am interested in how they translate to this series. Also, I've always felt that TLoU received a lot of unnecessary publication fellatio; it was a solid game with a great amount of polish, but still average in the context of zombie media, third person titles, and game narrative. Whatevs.
    This is interesting--and, it's something I've been considering myself for a larger portion of the last year... I think there's a lot about Last of Us that the Resident Evil series could use, storytelling-wise; however, I am not confident in Capcom to be able to succeed in this, which is disappointing, to me, because I've always felt the cast of the RE series was much more interesting (with greater emotional draw) than a majority of other characters in video games.

Comment

I always posit that RE5 and 6 each had what the other needed- RE5 needed more variety vis a vis enemy encounters and a more substantial campaign with greater variation in its sequences than just go here, kill these enemies, continue. RE6 needed a whole lot less than what it had; if its length was closer to RE5, perhaps with an episodic layout not unlike Revelations, there would not have been such bloatedness (e.g. I liked the Raskalpagne enemy but did we really need it in each character's campaign?).

That this game seems to continue what its predecessor put forth with co-op derived less from simply combat certainly has potential.

Comment

I've kind of been thinking more about this partner system they're talking about and what Moiras role is and...I kind of dont like it on reflection.

This is just an assumption, but are we really getting another NPC character who cant defend themselves? If Moira uses like a knife, metal pipe, a stungun, a crowbar or anything like that, I got no problem. She doesnt have to have a gun but I remembered the short mines bit from RE5 where you or the NPC carries those giant lights while the other fights the majini in the dark...and I hated that shit.

The more I think about this co-op system they got the more it sounds like a combination of RE0(minus the AI partner attacking), and RE4. I dont really want to see that repeated, but as long as Moira can at lees carry a melee weapon to fight back with and support Claire, I have no problems at all.

Not every character needs to have or use a gun to fight and I think its time that they put a bit more emphasis on other weapons.
        Last edited by Wrathborne; 09-06-2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          I've kind of been thinking more about this partner system they're talking about and what Moiras role is and...I kind of dont like it on reflection.

This is just an assumption, but are we really getting another NPC character who cant defend themselves? If Moira uses like a knife, metal pipe, a stungun, a crowbar or anything like that, I got no problem. She doesnt have to have a gun but I remembered the short mines bit from RE5 where you or the NPC carries those giant lights while the other fights the majini in the dark...and I hated that shit.

The more I think about this co-op system they got the more it sounds like a combination of RE0(minus the AI partner attacking), and RE4. I dont really want to see that repeated, but as long as Moira can at lees carry a melee weapon to fight back with and support Claire, I have no problems at all.

Not every character needs to have or use a gun to fight and I think its time that they put a bit more emphasis on other weapons.
          She probably can defend herself in a way like Ellie at the begining of TLOU. She can stun enemy or hit them, but can't kill them. After all Moira can't die.
          Spoiler:

Comment

I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet but on her twitter Alyson Court has said she hasn't been contacted by Capcom to record anything for Claire so it's looking like the unthinkable has happened and Alyson Court has been replaced. I imagine it has something to do with Claire being such a 'veteran' now, but I'm hoping she denied it as some part of disclosure thing =[ She'll have some MIGHTY big shoes to fill...it's not like Ada's voice where it's easier to replicate, Alyson Court has such a unique voice...

That being said, it's cool to see Moira. She was always a character in mind for my nerdy fanfictions :B Glad she wasn't forgotten.

ALSO.

I think Claire looks great, I was worried that since Jill stole the ponytail look, we'd just get like a reskin of Jill but I think she looks fantastic. I like the way the ponytail falls in a wavy way, showing that she's still a bit of a stylish girl despite the professional attire (which is a little jarring...) I guess maybe Claire's mercenaries alternate outfit may be her professional look~? I can totally picture her with glasses now and I kind of want it to happen again o_O.
            Last edited by Kei_M; 09-06-2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I really hope Capcom keep her voice - she's the ONLY Resident Evil character to have one voice actress.

If they change her now,it's be weird. I mean, Degeneration and Darkside Chronicles aren't THAT old.

Unless they're just not at the stage of recording.. or maybe they want an 'older' sounding Claire - although surely peoples voices don't change that much, she'd only be 35 anyway..
              "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

I think Alyson is around Claire's actual age anyway, isn't she?? I was gonna say it's wishful thinking to believe that they haven't done voice acting THIS LATE in the game, but I guess if they had Japanese actors like the first one they might have built the game with those and are planning to finish the English voice acting before the years out. But still...for an early 2015 release...It might not be worth getting our hopes up =[

Comment

It may just be that Alyson can't say anything about the game until she is told she can. REV 2 hasn't officially been unvieled yet.

Comment

This is incredible news. I'm shocked that Capcom actually listened to the fans for once.
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Just listened to this.. Alyson talks about how she had been told she should leave Claire - and how she feels if she ever got recast.
                      I just pray this is not the case...

UmbrellaSurvivors very first RESIDENT EVIL interview, and what better way to start than with the definitive voice of RE, Alyson Court! Alyson Court remains t...
                      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Originally posted by atlier00 View Post
                        It may just be that Alyson can't say anything about the game until she is told she can. REV 2 hasn't officially been unvieled yet.
                        But the thing is she has commented on it saying she was not asked, she also said she wouldn't troll when it comes to Claire and to get your knives ready lol. Ill remain hopeful til we hear her voice but if she couldn't say anything. I'd imagine she wouldn't even bother replying

Comment

Assuming there isn't gonna be a male counterpart in this game, this will be the first time since RE3 that the main character is a girl all throughout. Just a interesting thought.......good job Capcom, that's one of the steps to breaking this macho-action/boulder punching/jump-kicking alpha male crap you had going on for the past few games. I've actually been wanting a RE game without any guy characters, so I'm really happy with this.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                            Assuming there isn't gonna be a male counterpart in this game, this will be the first time since RE3 that the main character is a girl all throughout. Just a interesting thought.......good job Capcom, that's one of the steps to breaking this macho-action/boulder punching/jump-kicking alpha male crap you had going on for the past few games. I've actually been wanting a RE game without any guy characters, so I'm really happy with this.
                            Barry is in this :| he's all man

Comment

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
                              Barry is in this :| he's all man
                              Yeah I just saw that. I guess it's okay since it's Barry, but his co-op partner better not be Chris or Leon.

Comment

I'd be happier to see Barry with his own partner. Someone new for the games story, preferably someone who isn't a whiny prick, or a selfish one.

Comment

Working...
                                X