Resident Evil Voted Best Horror Games By 28 Game Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Voted Best Horror Games By 28 Game Developers

Game Informers asked 28 game developers to share their Top 5 Horror Games of All Time lists. Resident Evil came in #1 in the votes.

The top vote-getting game was Resident Evil, racking up 12 votes. Silent Hill 2 and Dead Space were tied at second place with 9 votes. Silent Hill is fourth place with 8 votes, and Resident Evil 4 scored 7 votes.

They all just say Resident Evil without specifying the original or remake.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
      They all just say Resident Evil without specifying the original or remake.
      This.

Only one of them said Resident Evil 2 and few said Resident Evil 4, although how the hell the latter is classed as a top horror game I'll never understand, it's just another fairly decent dumb action shooting game.

Comment

RE 1,2, and 3 are still my favorites of the classics, REmake and RE4 have been my favorite games following the classic era, and Revelations has been the best one since RE4 I felt(not a perfect game, but much more enjoyable than 5 and 6 combined).

RE5 and RE6 have been big disappointments to me, and ORC has been a disappointment to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          RE 1,2, and 3 are still my favorites of the classics, REmake and RE4 have been my favorite games following the classic era, and Revelations has been the best one since RE4 I felt(not a perfect game, but much more enjoyable than 5 and 6 combined).

RE5 and RE6 have been big disappointments to me, and ORC has been a disappointment to everyone.
          What you said. Revelations seems to be heading in the right direction. Replaying Outbreak in HD on my PC, didn't realise how much I loved the mechanics till now.. 10 years later, and it IMO is still better than 4,5,6.
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

I enjoyed how much more open world 4 felt really, but even so its not that great of a comparison to the old claustrophobic settings of the earlier games. Revelations actually did a pretty good job on recapturing some of the claustrophobia. Looks like Rev 2 might do an even better job.
            Last edited by Wrathborne; 10-01-2014, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X