Capcom Interview on REmake HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom Interview on REmake HD

GameInformer has a video interview with Capcom regarding the upcoming REmake HD. In the video, the game producer talks about the changes they made to the game, which includes new and updated lighting, normal mapping, shaders, control schemes, higher res texture and others. They also discussed a bunch of other miscellaneous stuffs about the game.

Near the end of the video, they also discussed a little about using it as an experience for a hypothetical remake for RE2 and 3.

In this video interview, watch a ton of new gameplay footage from the HD remaster and learn if this experience can help with a hypothetical remake of Resident Evil 2 or 3.

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
    GameInformer has a video interview with Capcom regarding the upcoming REmake HD. In the video, the game producer talks about the changes they made to the game, which includes new and updated lighting, normal mapping, shaders, control schemes, higher res texture and others. They also discussed a bunch of other miscellaneous stuffs about the game.

Near the end of the video, they also discussed a little about using it as an experience for a hypothetical remake for RE2 and 3.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-remaster.aspx
    Jesus just do it. They KNOW the demand for a RE2 remake. 3 would be a nice little surprise. I would love a Code Veronica remake but that will never happen

Comment

It'd be a lot easier to do a remake of 2 and 3 combined. I mean 3 itself is a shorter game and already recycles a good chunk of the RPD and uses other classic resources and behaviors anyways be a shame to not just finish everything off and it'd be an incredibly welcome purchase for RE fans.
      Last edited by Wrathborne; 10-19-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

They could release them chronologically story-wise. RE3 Part 1, then RE2, then RE3 Part 2? Or is that stupid?

Comment

Looks like the question on additional content was cut out, but still a good watch none-the-less. Overall it looks like they're doing a good job of turning 480i into 720p, but one thing that I think will bother me is that he said some rooms were rendered in real-time, here's hoping I will struggle to tell the difference in the final product.

That question about the relationship between Crimson Heads and Lickers is interesting, I think it was naturally assumed that Crimson Heads further evolve into Lickers because of that one scenario (Hellfire?) in the first Outbreak game. It was never clear to me and I always just put it down to common Capcom retconning.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
            That question about the relationship between Crimson Heads and Lickers is interesting, I think it was naturally assumed that Crimson Heads further evolve into Lickers because of that one scenario (Hellfire?) in the first Outbreak game. It was never clear to me and I always just put it down to common Capcom retconning.
            It was never a retcon, just two seperate creatures created with differing strains of the t-Virus. Only that was never made clear to us non-Japanese understanding folk.
            "I've got 100 cows."
            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
              It was never a retcon, just two seperate creatures created with differing strains of the t-Virus. Only that was never made clear to us non-Japanese understanding folk.
              Mr. Hirabayashi explained it well enough in the video, but thanks for reclarifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Renard View Post
                They could release them chronologically story-wise. RE3 Part 1, then RE2, then RE3 Part 2? Or is that stupid?
                I wouldn't call it stupid because that IS the chronological order but I'd prefer if they keep it separate. I wouldn't want Jill's story to be abruptly cut to tell a completely different two scenario story.

Comment

Honestly, I think it would be a bad idea to work on remaking 2 and 3 simultaneously. No offense to RE3 fans, but RE2 is the one that's been in high demand for quite a while, and remaking RE3 would just take away from perfecting RE2, resulting in 2 mediocre remakes rather than 1 amazing one. Putting 2 RE games back to back just makes me think of UC/DSC anyways.....yuck.
                  Last edited by CODE_umb87; 10-20-2014, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Maybe if the remaster sells well they'll remake 2 and 3? Who knows. Of course they know the demand is there. They just don't want to do it for whatever reason. The same thing with Square-Enix. They know the demand is there for a Final Fantasy VII remake, and it has yet to be done. There was an article on GameKyo a year or two ago, in which Square-Enix said that it wasn't a matter of "if", just a matter of "when", in regards to a FFVII remake. So what the hell are they waiting for?

I could be wrong, but I feel like they are just too lazy to do it.
                    Last edited by RetroRain; 10-27-2014, 02:15 PM.
                    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Working...
                    X