Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Halloween Gift: Remastered Resident Evil Zero (N64) E3 2000 Trailer @ 60FPS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Halloween Gift: Remastered Resident Evil Zero (N64) E3 2000 Trailer @ 60FPS!

Here are some details of the video at my newly, relaunched blog The Game Informant. If you will pay a visit please. You may also find some info on some magazine scans I made that were about Resident Evil Zero that could be of interest to you too.

I'd hate to ask, but if you guys could subscribe to me blog or... you know what, I'm running out of time and I'm leaving for Halloween soon so I'm just gonna have to you guys watch my announcement video I made yesterday, it'll answer more questions for you. If you will, that would mean a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phN4ePofwXU
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Great stuff!
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I've never seen this trailer before, thanks for posting!

Comment

I've seen this one before just not in good quality, amazing job!

Comment

Do you own the VHS tape???

Comment

Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
            Do you own the VHS tape???
            Yes! Yes, I believe I do own the original VHS source for this trailer that was shown at E3 2000. This Capcom E3 Sales Presentation is a promotional VHS tape that contains various trailers of Capcom's yearly line-up of games that were announced at that time. Some fan-favorites include Mega Man Legends 2, Onimusha, and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. It also has a trailer for Resident Evil: Survivor.

Comment

Firstly... awesome stuff.

Secondly though I do want to say this because I know you're interested enough...

"If you were a major Resident Evil fan back in the day, you may have seen this particular trailer from E3 2000 before in the past as a really low-res video on YouTube or even back in the day when, even then, it looked like a pixelated mess of squares."
              Well I saw it as a downloadable file provided by two sites in two formats, IGN (.mov) - which was reuploaded by them to YouTube - and GameSpot (in .wmv or .avi) in 2000... and the quality was actually okay then prior to further YouTube compression for the time. That said while the pixel quality was better than the recycled versions still online, the size was never any different in res of course... but the standard screen res in those days was also like 800x640 or 1024x768 depending on your monitor and cards as well so in scale it wasn't bad for 2000.

Comment

Man i miss those days when i used to get really excited every time they announce a new resident evil title !

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                  Firstly... awesome stuff.

Secondly though I do want to say this because I know you're interested enough...

Well I saw it as a downloadable file provided by two sites in two formats, IGN (.mov) - which was reuploaded by them to YouTube - and GameSpot (in .wmv or .avi) in 2000... and the quality was actually okay then prior to further YouTube compression for the time. That said while the pixel quality was better than the recycled versions still online, the size was never any different in res of course... but the standard screen res in those days was also like 800x640 or 1024x768 depending on your monitor and cards as well so in scale it wasn't bad for 2000.
                  I think ign & gamespot where using realvideo back then a few years before divx started making ground.

Comment

Thanks for this. Is there any chance you might also have high-quality magazine scans about Zero n64? I noticed that you posted a shot of the parlor car which has never been seen before: http://okeijidragon.blogspot.com/201...ntendo-64.html

It's amazing how even after all this time, new screenshots of this game still pop up. :p
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                      I think ign & gamespot where using realvideo back then a few years before divx started making ground.
                      No, IGN never used Real. It always used Quicktime and later Quicktime Pro and all their files were .mov. I have mountains of old files from 1997 through 2001 somewhere from their archives. And they were doing that from before IGN was IGN, when it was five magazine style websites under the Imagine publishing banner (where the I in the IGN title comes from).

VideoGameSpot - which was until 1997 had RealVideo but sometime around the start of 1998 when the brand switched to just "videogames.com" and was still a part of EGM they moved from REAL to WindowsMedia and provided files as either WMV for streams loads (on 56k and 128k modems) and downloads as MPEG or occasionally AVI depending on what it was the content and the quality they wanted to provide. This was probably driven with the plan and later merge of the PC and Console sites to just the "GameSpot" umbrella in 1999.
                      Last edited by Rombie; 11-02-2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

There may be hope yet, if he is just barely post hi res E3 2000 footage assuming he got the source sometime earlier in the year someone will hopefully come forth with the RE0 N64 beta in which we can extract the assets, reverse engineer the engine and maybe for the hell of it throw together a "downgrade remake" with the assets for possibly the PSX. With the 3 projects being put together this would be the icing on the cake or the cherry on the sundae if your more into those. On a further note everyone assumes it just got scrapped with the train however there is no real evidence that it just stopped at the train. Keep in mind that they "couldn't fit everything on a N64 cartridge" I would doubt they could only fit the train since that is a very short part of the game. Time will tell.

Comment

Very much appreciated, Okeiji!

...pretty glad this was never released on the N64, however.

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                          Man i miss those days when i used to get really excited every time they announce a new resident evil title !
                          Yeah, I remember that feel.
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                            Very much appreciated, Okeiji!
                            Yeah, I remember that feel.
                            You're welcome. Glad you took that from the video.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                            Thanks for this. Is there any chance you might also have high-quality magazine scans about Zero n64? I noticed that you posted a shot of the parlor car which has never been seen before: http://okeijidragon.blogspot.com/201...ntendo-64.html
                            It's amazing how even after all this time, new screenshots of this game still pop up. :p
                            I have more scans of this game coming up. I think it actually covers the demo shown at the Spring 2000 TGS from start of the train to the end, but I'm not sure.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised. We have media of almost all the rooms on the train, except for a few. Hopefully, the scans you will be sharing can fill in the missing gaps.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

Working...
                              X