forum screwy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changelog 1-28-2017

-I upgraded the forums to the currently released version.

This appears to have fixed a number of errors, however I will need to review the templates and see if they need to be reverted. My guess is they will since we still have some from 2005 or some ungodly version number like that.

The most significant effect this would have on end-users of the site would be that the style (or theme) of the forum will change.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-28-2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

User Registration may be busted, or was. It looks like the last registered user was from 2015 so that is quite some time ago. I'll check with Carnivol to see if this is working.

Comment

Changelog 1-28-2017

-I deleted some styles that were not compatible. I'll be adding some more, for right now there are two lighter versions. The default vb4 one and a grey style one.

Comment

Changelog 1-28-2017

I found what was causing the emails to not be sent and corrected it. Emails are now being sent so presumably we should be seeing registered users eventually. I'll try and test this a bit later.

Edit:
          Registration confirmed working!
          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-28-2017, 08:50 PM.

Comment

test post

Comment

Looking into getting the activation email re-sent to all the users who have been waiting to have their email confirmed. I'll probably work on cleaning things up after that because we were getting spammed a shit-ton.

Comment

Ah, cheers for taken away that dark background. I was never keen on it, as it was just that. Too dark.

Comment

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the forum at the left side, you should see a drop down box which will let you select the available themes. I'll probably be adding some more tomorrow.

I re-sent the activation email to all the users awaiting confirmation, which was around 400 or so.
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-28-2017, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Ta, Cal.

Comment

I deleted around 2104 registered accounts which had 0 posts and had no logged in for over a year.

I'm sure there were some "real" users, but they can re-register and post if they'd like now. The great majority were mass-spam bots.

Comment

I tried to rejoin recently to ask somebody to fix my account (this one), thinking my account was messed up. I didn't think the forums had anybody in charge. You can delete 'Peter A' if you want...

Comment

Still trying to narrow down what else we can mass remove, I'll let you know though.

I was able to revert the Skype icon from showing an image which linked to a deprecated skype domain, so that should now just show a little Skype icon instead of an error box.

Comment

It is very good to see this, now with the open registry the site should increase more activity, thanks for resolving errors, greetings !.
                            Resident Evil 2: Back 2 Origins

https://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-...back-2-origins

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I don't know how long it has been broken but it looks like for quite some time.

I added a few more Styles into the forum. You can choose them by scrolling to the bottom of any page, and on the left-hand side you should see a dropdown box.

Theres a decent mix in there now, so try them out and see what you like. We also have a proper mobile theme now which should auto-detect based on accessing the site from a mobile device.

Comment

To be honest, the MSN Messenger and AOL Messenger icons should likely be replaced with Twitter and Facebook icons now, since people mostly just use the Facebook messaging application in this day and age. And I think Windows Messenger was discontinued ages ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X