Wesker's Report I Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Most viral "experiments" take place under a microscope, rendering any camera viewing pointless. Unless you mean administration experiments, in which case we've already established that nobody could view that particular room. Doesn't benefit anybody. You're just watching a guy walk around, maybe occasionally fist bumping his wife.

Convenience is not contrivance. The agents are contrived because you need to insert them into a situation hypothetically and yet still they don't make sense.

We don't know who Ada was meeting with. He is never described as an agent, only a "contact." He could be a civilian for all we know, if Wesker did things by proxy which, given that the purpose of the mission was to serve only himself without involving the rival company, he would have. Combat data was collected by Wesker via cameras and maybe Ada via observation, still no agents. Wesker was out for himself and nobody else. Having the combat data of Nemesis-T and G-Birkin along with the G-Virus would've elevated him, which was his whole modus operandi. That would not work if he involved anyone else besides Ada. Wesker doesn't share his spoils. He uses them for personal power first and foremost.
    Of course administration experiments. They would be able to tell approximately how far development was coming along, what specimens they were experimenting on, what mutations were occurring etc. Plenty of useful data there. And we haven't established a thing about the cameras in that room. All we have is that an Umbrella spy took a picture. It could just as easily be that Umbrella couldn't gain access to the cameras in Birkin's lab either. We just don't know, and that's the point.

It's irrelevant what position Ada's contact holds, but he is at least affiliated with the rival company in some capacity. Someone had to set up that portable comm unit and bring the hookshot case in after all, meaning Wesker had at least one other person working under him.

I still don't see why you find the concept of other agents being in the city so unrealistic. It's no more hypothetical than the use of cameras. Yes Wesker used cameras during the mansion incident, but that was quite a different situation considering he was physically on site at the time and had first hand access to that facility's systems.

Wesker was out for himself that's obvious and only he and Ada were after G, yes I believe that, but it's not unrealistic to suggest that other people from their organisation were not around collecting combat data on the differing creatures prowling round the city. Yes, it's hypothetical, but it's also much more realistic than the rival company hacking into Umbrella's ultra secret laboratory where G-Virus research had been occurring since 1993. If it's that easy and convenient to hack into the cameras, why not just do the same to the UMF-013 mainframe while your at it? At the end of the day there's no more evidence for one over the other, it just comes down to whatever explanation you prefer.

Nobody placed Wesker in charge. He actively seeks it out on his own.
    And you know this how?

He would've done it himself but employed Ada to avoid exposing himself when he was supposed to be dead. He intended to save Birkin and the G-Virus and bring them into the rival company as gifts, just as he planned with the Tyrant. Involving more people only risks exposing himself and his goals, at which point he'd be ousted from the company. There's no reference anywhere to him being ordered to do it, and he is referred to as Ada's employer in the incident, the only time he's ever been asked to do anything is in CODE:Veronica... where he is hired, not ordered. He could've flatly refused but had always been interested in t-Veronica. The rest of his activities are entirely independent and self-serving to take control of the rival company, which was his intention even before he joined them. It's why he put up with Umbrella and waited for a golden opportunity rather than join them outright. He wanted an opportunity where he'd be in a position to immediately leverage power and buy himself a top position from which he could gain more and more power, incidentally fulfilling his whole philosophy ("The greater power takes control of more power"). Giving t-Veronica to Javier, stealing the Umbrella Archive, giving the Umbrella Archive and viruses to Excella, even agreeing to seize t-Veronica, etc. All for his own benefit. He cared for no one but himself and saw the rival company's top brass as nothing but obstacles and competitors. That's part of why he was angry at S.T.A.R.S., he was forced to operate under individuals that were beneath him.
    There's also no reference to him not being ordered and doing it off his own back. He had only just joined the company and needed to build up his position before he could achieve his own goals, just as he had done at Umbrella and as he would later do at Tricell. That's his M.O., using others for his own personal gain. I don't see how he can do something like the G-Virus seizure op off his own back having only just joined the rival company as an untested defector from Umbrella who failed to deliver on his promise and joined with a shattered reputation. Recovering G and later being ordered to recover t-Veronica were all part of his plan to build up power and influence within the rival company, to work his way up their power base until he was in a position of influence, which by 2002 he was as I agree with your rationale with his dealings with Javier and later the Plaga retrieval op, as would most other people I'm sure.

But he did not join the rival company in a position of immediate power, that much is evident. He'd been looking to leave Umbrella ever since the assassination of Marcus and the biohazard in 1998 gave him his cue to leave.

According to BIO0 and UC, Wesker did not know about Irons' secret passage. Otherwise you would imagine he would cut time and avoid danger from not only out of control B.O.W.s, but also avoid being blown to bits in a facility he knew would explode at any moment. Wanting a BIO0 level with Wesker is fine but at the end of the day it's still tied to the plot, it's not another magic elevator situation. There needs to be a reason. Convenient, but as I said, the series relies on it quite a bit. None of what I said is hypothetical since it's all laid out and merely relies on a bit of connect-the-dots. Whether the end result is convenient or not is splitting hairs at this point.
    Doesn't prove a thing. It simply confirms Wesker went to the training facility instead of the R.P.D. for a reason.
    Last edited by TheBatMan; 12-08-2014, 02:29 PM.
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
    X