Why are there still herbs around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
    I can't help find it a bit silly that no one has mass produced it into life saving medicine..
    They did.

In regards to the herb powder, many herbs are consumed in powder form by mixing with liquids, crushed into tablets or placed in capsules.
    Last edited by News Bot; 12-17-2014, 07:34 PM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

A bit late in the day for RE6 and I'm actually proud I totally forgot about that game, I'd like to forget as much as possible from it.

Comment

A bit late in the day for RE6 and I'm actually proud I totally forgot about that game, I'd like to forget as much as possible from it.
        Don't see why that's something to be proud of. Anyway, it was (somehow) made into spray form for at least RE5, and whatever it is in RE4 since we never actually see it used.

Comment

I like the RE5 and Mercs 3D healing system, herbs used as sprays. 6 wasn't bad but the fact you can eat a pill and a nearby partner will be healed too is quite weird, that made sense for a spray, but not for a pill. And RER is just fucking magic or laziness to not code a decent healing animation.
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

First aid spray is a thing. In the case of the BIO herbs, they're crushed into a powder and then applied to the wound. The first aid spray is superior because it's a refined and strengthened version of this method.
            Last edited by News Bot; 12-18-2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Repeating what's already being said;

1. Gameplay mechanic. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
              2. During the Raccoon City Incident proven by everyday folk to be an effective first aid solution during a biohazardous outbreak in a contemporary sci-fi setting; only logical for them to've become a widespread and global phenomenon after the Raccoon City Incident. Product placement at its most unintentionally and finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                Don't see why that's something to be proud of. Anyway, it was (somehow) made into spray form for at least RE5, and whatever it is in RE4 since we never actually see it used.
                Because the game is bloody crap!

Comment

Because the game is bloody crap!
                  To each their own. Point still stands, the medicinal properties of the herbs have been known and utilized since the very beginning through sprays, pills, powder... it's not a big surprise to see the herbs everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                    To each their own. Point still stands, the medicinal properties of the herbs have been known and utilized since the very beginning through sprays, pills, powder... it's not a big surprise to see the herbs everywhere.
                    Looking at it as a gaming mechanic, no it's not a surprise, looking at it from a story/lore perspective, I felt they could have explained it better rather than just assume everyone to expect it as a given. So as it is, in a gaming series where lots of information is printed in files that can be found throughout gameplay, it just doesn't seem explained well enough.

Back when they made Resident Evil, I doubt they expected they series to take off like it did, then having the herbs return in RE2 sparked them as becoming a staple of the series with next to no explanation. If one goes back and plays RE1, the herbs even in that game were pretty much just a gaming mechanic for the sake of the locale, they never even had any explanation as to how they worked back then, it's no wonder over the years I've seen many spoofs where the characters are smoking the herbs....

Anyway, it has been fun dragging out this topic.

Comment

A lot of things could've been explained better in the series. The problem isn't necessarily the writing or implementation, there's just simply a lack of time to cover everything and other areas take precedence.

Comment

Well .. I just think of it as a game mechanic, nothing else. Its like the save game typewriters also.

In RE1 mansion, these things made sense - but once the games went to Raccoon City and beyond, these things seemed weirdly out of place.

1.5 was going to use computer consoles and pills to heal wasn't it? Where did I hear that.. They so should have done this for 2 and 3 really..
                        Would have made more sense logically.
                        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

It doesn't need to make sense, it doesn't need any explanation either. The healing system is here only for the player, actually the character never uses it. That's right, if you want to play it "the true canon way", you have to do a no damage run. Without saves, of course.

Comment

Alundra has green herbs too.

Comment

I find this discussion rather pointless now. It's a handy set of items that will save your life time and time again in whatever city or country that's infested with zombies, BOWs, and their ever endless cousins infected with viruses and parasites that will be named after every letter in every languages alphabet by companies and organizations that are turning into wannabe Umbrella clones with their idiotic obsession with "global saturation" which ends the world for an extra buck that in the end won't matter because no one will buy any related product because there would be no person to buy it and thus civilization officially coming to an end. Do I need to say more?

Comment

Why would it not make sense? The herbs have amazing medicinal properties. If we had herbs like those in real life, you can bet your ass we'd be growing them all over the world.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X