Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will future Resident Evil tiltes return to survival horror?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR...

We can just assume the "He's Uncouncious" line is a mistake, as I assumed, and got corrected.
    Just like good ol' Annette above.

But again, there's no way to know, so yeah, you're just stating YOUR view on the intent of the line as a fact.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
      OOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR...

We can just assume the "He's Uncouncious" line is a mistake, as I assumed, and got corrected.
      Just like good ol' Annette above.

But again, there's no way to know, so yeah, you're just stating YOUR view on the intent of the line as a fact.
      It can't be a mistake because it doesn't appear anywhere else in the game. It's a uniquely written line. Not accidentally swapped with another line from a different scenario. There is a way to know, you're just playing willfully ignorant in absence of anything supporting your argument besides conjecture.

Once again, your logic dictates that the "he's dead" message in the power room must have been accidentally swapped from the other scenario and overwrote the "he's unconscious" line. At least in this situation, your meandering makes sense.
      Last edited by News Bot; 02-18-2015, 03:32 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• No one knows 100% why it's there and why it was changed as it was in retail - so because of that, there is doubt, and so no one can be 100% correct about it's intent. That's nothing to do with guessing, ignorance, or nearsightedness - it's just the truth.

The developer statements come months after development well into sequel development and after the game was a smash hit. There is always a chance they're saying something different than was planned during development - because you know it's not like that ever happened before.

Click image for larger version

Name:	you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	403906

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          It can't be a mistake because it doesn't appear anywhere else in the game. It's a uniquely written line. Not accidentally swapped with another line from a different scenario. There is a way to know, you're just playing willfully ignorant in absence of anything supporting your argument besides conjecture.
          No, there is not.
          Do you have any previous BETAs to know they've meant the line to be unique to the power room to begin with?
          Maybe you could even disprove my "copy-pasted" theory if you had them, but yeah, you don't.

Annette also has a line that was obviously meant somewhere else, but doesn't appear anywhere else in the retail. Does that mean Annette is alive and is going to return on Revelations 2 and reveal she has infected herself with the super Ouroboros BETA virus and survived the explosion?
          Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Tell me, what other possible reason is there for "he's unconscious" to be there at all? Give it a go.

You'll need to give an example of that happening before.

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
            No, there is not.
            Do you have any previous BETAs to know they've meant the line to be unique to the power room to begin with?
            Maybe you could even disprove my "copy-pasted" theory if you had them, but yeah, you don't.

Annette also has a line that was obviously meant somewhere else, but doesn't appear anywhere else in the retail. Does that mean Annette is alive and is going to return on Revelations 2 and reveal she has infected herself with the super Ouroboros BETA virus and survived the explosion?
            Really grasping for the smallest of straws. It seems all you can rely on is hypothetical pandering. You've lost all basis for an argument. That line appears on Sherry in Claire A as far as I remember. Again, use the Japanese version. The English versions are meaningless.
            Last edited by News Bot; 02-18-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Tell me, what other possible reason is there for "he's unconscious" to be there at all? Give it a go.

The event was supposed to be played before, possibly after Barry knocked Wesker out. Then, they've moved the event to the power room.
              It may seem crazy, but the same as you, there's no way to prove the line was indeed "unique and written specially for the power room" unless you knew what was behind the minds of developers from 20 years ago, or if you had previous builds of the same game. Besides, "he's unconscious" is a pretty generic line, and it's a nice metaphor for "dead" in a lot of other games.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot
                You've been provided with plenty of evidence, you just refuse to acknowledge any of it.
                I wouldn't hire you as a detective, then

Frankly, this is getting ridiculous. I'm not even sure what you are trying to tell us anymore. That Wesker was always intended to come back? That he's not dead in the developpers minds but dead in the game? Ok, a summary of the situation :

Wesker dies in RE1. Katoh and Sugimura brings him back in CV with a shitty explanation. Players think it's nonesense. But in fact it made sense because Katoh or whoever did not want him to die in RE1 and inserted that line "he's uncounscious" after the writer departed. But Mikami said at the last minute "no, change it to "what a miserable death" even though I agree with you that Wesker should live, and don't forget, it doesn't matter because RE1 is not canon anyway."

Yeah, totally makes sense to me.

Comment

• If you try speaking to Sherry, either on the Marshalling Yard on ir the safe room, she won't respond. Same for Leon B.
                  Better check YOUR facts straight.

Seems nice, my theories are all baseless assumptions.
                  Your theories are GOD, even if you wasn't there to know it.

Tell me more about it...

EDIT

"BUT DA JAPANESE IS BETTA AND FLAULEZ!"
                  Is what you've told me 10 pages ago, only to notice it wasn't.
                  Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grem View Post
                    I wouldn't hire you as a detective, then

Frankly, this is getting ridiculous. I'm not even sure what you are trying to tell us anymore. That Wesker was always intended to come back? That he's not dead in the developpers minds but dead in the game? Ok, a summary of the situation :

Wesker dies in RE1. Katoh and Sugimura brings him back in CV with a shitty explanation. Players think it's nonesense. But in fact it made sense because Katoh or whoever did not want him to die in RE1 and inserted that line "he's uncounscious" after the writer departed. But Mikami said at the last minute "no, change it to "what a miserable death" even though I agree with you that Wesker should live, and don't forget, it doesn't matter because RE1 is not canon anyway."

Yeah, totally makes sense to me.
                    I said the concept of bringing Wesker back was there since BIO1's development, as well as immediately after BIO1's release. Both have been proven.

The event was supposed to be played before, possibly after Barry knocked Wesker out. Then, they've moved the event to the power room.
                    It may seem crazy, but the same as you, there's no way to prove the line was indeed "unique and written specially for the power room" unless you knew what was behind the minds of developers from 20 years ago, or if you had previous builds of the same game.
                    So basically "what if" is your argument. Okay. The difference between my view on the line and yours is that I have evidence after the fact to back it up. You've got nothing. We do know what was behind the minds of the developers... because they kinda say.

If you try speaking to Sherry, either on the Marshalling Yard on ir the safe room, she won't respond. Same for Leon B.
                    Better check YOUR facts straight.

Seems nice, my theories are all baseless assumptions.
                    Your theories are GOD, even if you wasn't there to know it.

Tell me more about it...

EDIT

"BUT DA JAPANESE IS BETTA AND FLAULEZ!"
                    Is what you've told me 10 pages ago, only to notice it wasn't.
                    You're lacking any sort of validity without the Japanese version. Making a mistake between a debug and retail line is not a fault of the game. All your theories are baseless assumptions though, yes. I'm not saying mine are definite, just that there's a lot to support them.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 02-18-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Your evidence = Interview after 6 months of retail release and almost a year after said line was even proved to exist. Nice evidence...

Comment

• Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
                        Your evidence = Interview after 6 months of retail release and almost a year after said line was even proved to exist. Nice evidence...
                        As far as evidence goes, it's perfect. Just so coincidentally happens to fall in line with what we know was in place during the game's development, too. As well as what happens in the remake... under Mikami, the subject of the interview. Convenient!
                        Last edited by News Bot; 02-18-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

As far as evidence goes, it's perfect. Just so coincidentally happens to fall in line with what we know was in place during the game's development, too. As well as what happens in the remake... under Mikami, the subject of the interview. Convenient!

Originally posted by News Bot
                          You're lacking any sort of validity without the Japanese version. Making a mistake between a debug and retail line is not a fault of the game. All your theories are baseless assumptions though, yes. I'm not saying mine are definite, just that there's a lot to support them.
                          Interesting...
                          Specially that this line is supposed to be played after Sherry is cured from the virus... Oh wait, this line can't be applied to her. Cuz' the ending clearly shows the she recovers and stays very awake immediately after 5 seconds of given the vaccine, and after a FMV. The line is clearly beta.
                          But how is it possible that this line exists in the American version, then? Oh, it must be because translators are asked to translate, no matter how unfitting the line might seem. If this line was imported to the American version, this means it exists on the Japanese one, despite the unlikeliness of it ever being scripted to be shown.

I don't need the Japanese version to state the obvious. I'm not gonna beat the game all over again just to feed your "Japanez is purrfect" mentality. I did it once, not gonna do it again.

Comment

Tell me, what other possible reason is there for "he's unconscious" to be there at all? Give it a go.
                            People gave you other reasons earlier in the thread and you just bemoaned them so there's no point when I know the outcome already. Wasn't the point anyway, I said no one in here knows because none of us worked on the game - that includes you and I. My hypothetical reasoning isn't going to be 100% accurate either, supporting evidence or not.

What of things a developer says based on his own development not being correct in an interview because he changed his mind or someone else changed it without them knowing?

I don't even have to use a different one, I can point one out in the same interview you keep pointing at. Mikami tells the interviewer there are no plans at the moment to port the game to the Sega Saturn. Clearly a choice made during development and still relevant when that interview happened in late 1996. But what do you know... several months later in July 1997 there was a port on the Saturn. There was no reason for Mikami to be incorrect, he'd be aware of his game being ported... but stuff changes over time. Mikami could have changed his mind on Wesker when this interview happened, three months earlier or during development. No one here has shown proof of the decision being during development save for a beta description line that as I mentioned above is not conclusive proof either.

And hell Mikami changed his mind on the entire sequel after this interview.

Tis all my point is.

(Let alone any potential translation errors. Considering that same interview with Mikami discusses the obviously much well known (George) Romero film Dome of the Dead and was supposedly asked the question 'Did Wesker really died?' as a plausible piece of English. Considering you deal with translation and localization issues, take that as you will.)
                            Last edited by Rombie; 02-18-2015, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot
                              I said the concept of bringing Wesker back was there since BIO1's development, as well as immediately after BIO1's release. Both have been proven.
                              Perhaps, but your "proofs" are not satisfying enough.

Comment

• I disregarded them because there were no reasons with any basis. Why should shit flung at the wall to see if it sticks be taken as is?

CAPCOM contracted Nextech (SS port developers) in 1997... after the interview. The SS port wasn't planned at the time of the interview and 7+ months is more than enough for a port handled by a separate dedicated team. Mikami didn't change his mind on the sequel, he didn't make it. In fact he wasn't even the one who suggested scrapping it. That was Noboru Sugimura, Mikami just agreed and made it happen.

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                                Perhaps, but your "proofs" are not satisfying enough.
                                Only because some people have had a specific narrative in their head for over a decade and refuse to be told otherwise. The fact that people need to find excuses not to believe something speaks volumes.

Interesting...
                                Specially that this line is supposed to be played after Sherry is cured from the virus... Oh wait, this line can't be applied to her. Cuz' the ending clearly shows the she recovers and stays very awake immediately after 5 seconds of given the vaccine, and after a FMV. The line is clearly beta.
                                But how is it possible that this line exists in the American version, then? Oh, it must be because translators are asked to translate, no matter how unfitting the line might seem. If this line was imported to the American version, this means it exists on the Japanese one, despite the unlikeliness of it ever being scripted to be shown.

I don't need the Japanese version to state the obvious. I'm not gonna beat the game all over again just to feed your "Japanez is purrfect" mentality. I did it once, not gonna do it again.
                                Talking out your ass is not proof of anything, I'm afraid. Right now you have no point.

(Let alone any potential translation errors. Considering that same interview with Mikami discusses the obviously much well known (George) Romero film Dome of the Dead and was supposedly asked the question 'Did Wesker really died?' as a plausible piece of English. Considering you deal with translation and localization issues, take that as you will.)

Grammatical errors are in a whole different league from information that's been twisted out of its original form into something completely different.
                                Last edited by News Bot; 02-18-2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X