Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will future Resident Evil tiltes return to survival horror?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Talking out your ass is not proof of anything, I'm afraid. Right now you have no point.
    I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by not going by the Japanese version.
    It's decided then! Annette was always to meant to be alive ;) /guaranteed
    Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I said the concept of bringing Wesker back was there since BIO1's development, as well as immediately after BIO1's release. Both have been proven.
      Wrong. If the concept of bringing Wesker back had been there immediately after BIO1's release, it would have been present in either the Sega Saturn port (which included the True Story Behind Biohazard and featured the scrapped concept of Trevor's storyline) or the Director's Cut (which revamped a significant portion of the game to include some puzzles mirrored in WR).

You do not know why the line was included in the debug version of the Power Room. Stop assuming you do. You never discussed the ideas with the team at the time they were programming the game. You do not know what concepts were discussed, how ideas came to fruition and what the developing team intended to do. Stop pretending you do because it's getting annoying as fuck. You're not a more credible authority than the game itself.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
      BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
        I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by not going by the Japanese version.
        It's decided then! Annette was always to meant to be alive ;) /guaranteed
        It's no skin off my bones, just means your argument is invalid.

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
        Wrong. If the concept of bringing Wesker back had been there immediately after BIO1's release, it would have been present in either the Sega Saturn port (which included the True Story Behind Biohazard and featured the scrapped concept of Trevor's storyline) or the Director's Cut (which revamped a significant portion of the game to include some puzzles mirrored in WR).

You do not know why the line was included in the debug version of the Power Room. Stop assuming you do. You never discussed the ideas with the team at the time they were programming the game. You do not know what concepts were discussed, how ideas came to fruition and what the developing team intended to do. Stop pretending you do because it's getting annoying as fuck. You're not a more credible authority than the game itself.
        Why would Nextech do anything about Wesker? They weren't involved with the original game, only told to port it to another console. Same with every other version of the game-- not one was handled by the original team. Even Directors Cut. The TSBB was glorified fan-fiction with no involvement from the original team. Even the Trevor's letters are almost entirely fabricated.

There is no other reason the line would be included in the debug. I'm not saying it's definitive but you need to have a fuckload more to back up an assertion. So far not a lot of (or any) evidence has been brought up by the other side.
        Last edited by News Bot; 02-18-2015, 04:30 PM.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

It's no skin off my bones, just means your argument is invalid.
          Will it help your ego if I said I just played the Japanese version, put the line on Google translator, and it meant (mostly) the same thing as the american version?
          Because it did...

Sorry I ever hurt you, All-Japanese loving machine, I promise to never break your spirit again.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
            Will it help your ego if I said I just played the Japanese version, put the line on Google translator, and it meant (mostly) the same thing as the american version?
            Because it did...

Sorry I ever hurt you, All-Japanese loving machine, I promise to never break your spirit again.
            I only asked you to prove it. I have no issue with believing it if I see it. But you've still yet to prove it, right now it's just your word that you somehow made it through the entire game in ten minutes and typed Japanese kanji into Google Translate on an English (?) keyboard.
            Last edited by News Bot; 02-18-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I only asked you to prove it. I have no issue with believing it if I see it. But you've still yet to prove it, right now it's just your word that you somehow made it through the entire game in ten minutes and typed Japanese kanji into Google Translate on an English (?) keyboard.
              I'm not stupid, I just downloaded a save game and went directly to that part. Then, I visited some websites with Kanji alphabet and wrote the quote on it.
              But don't worry, I'll do it again. If it means your Japanese ego will shatter once more, I'll do it.
              Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2015, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I disregarded them because there were no reasons with any basis. Why should shit flung at the wall to see if it sticks be taken as is?

CAPCOM contracted Nextech (SS port developers) in 1997... after the interview. The SS port wasn't planned at the time of the interview and 7+ months is more than enough for a port handled by a separate dedicated team. Mikami didn't change his mind on the sequel, he didn't make it. In fact he wasn't even the one who suggested scrapping it. That was Noboru Sugimura, Mikami just agreed and made it happen.
                ^ Exactly proving why it's not worth my effort to come up with any reasons because you'd just likely do the same to me even after asking specifically for them. But again ignoring the point that your thoughts are just as plausible as anyone else right now because no one has 100% knowledge of the truth. You and Bats might be completely correct, but you might not be as well.

I never said Mikami changed his mind on Saturn. It's just like it was with RE4, the choices were taken out of his hands, but that's not the point - it's the point that things can change, and between the Saturn game and the decisions made over 2/1.5 - in that interview things he said were both changed with and without his decisions. And as your lovely description of the Saturn port history shows, it can change in a small space of time.

Only because some people have had a specific narrative in their head for over a decade and refuse to be told otherwise. The fact that people need to find excuses not to believe something speaks volumes.

Talking out your ass is not proof of anything, I'm afraid. Right now you have no point.
                So does a certain arrogance through most of the thread that only one person is completely correct already and everyone else is wrong when yet no one can be proved correct or incorrect so far which rears itself clearly in your second line here to MRockz. Which is funny, because...

All your theories are baseless assumptions though, yes. I'm not saying mine are definite, just that there's a lot to support them.
                No, you kinda have been.

Grammatical errors are in a whole different league from information that's been twisted out of its original form into something completely different.
                You know as well as I do 'when there's smoke there's fire.' It puts some doubts into the quality of translation work when the English has spelling and/or grammatical errors. I especially question how well the intent is put across if someone can't form their own questions into correct English. But hey, not like this is really the point as I said.
                Last edited by Rombie; 02-18-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                  ^ Exactly proving why it's not worth my effort to come up with any reasons because you'd just likely do the same to me even after asking specifically for them. But again ignoring the point that your thoughts are just as plausible as anyone else right now because no one has 100% knowledge of the truth. You and Bats might be completely correct, but you might not be as well.

I never said Mikami changed his mind on Saturn. It's just like it was with RE4, the choices were taken out of his hands, but that's not the point - it's the point that things can change, and between the Saturn game and the decisions made over 2/1.5 - in that interview things he said were both changed with and without his decisions.

So does a certain arrogance through most of the thread that only one person is completely correct already and everyone else is wrong when yet no one can be proved correct or incorrect so far which rears itself clearly in your second line here to MRockz. Which is funny, because...

No, you kinda have been.

You know as well as I do 'when there's smoke there's fire.' It puts some doubts into the quality of translation work when the English has spelling and grammatical errors. I especially question how well the intent is put across if someone can't form their own questions into correct English. But hey, not like this is really the point as I said.
                  Of course "things change" but that's not a catch-all excuse or a substitute for evidence.

I'm not saying mine are definite in terms of the reason behind the line. I'm saying that there is a lot of evidence to support a certain viewpoint and there is none to support any single one of the what-ifs being brought up. I'm arrogant because there comes a point where it becomes less of a genuine discussion and more "nuh-UH!" without any substance.

90s gaming magazines are full of goofy spelling and grammatical errors. But I'll take your word for it.

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
                  I'm not stupid, I just downloaded a save game and went directly to that part. Then, I visited some websites with Kanji alphabet and wrote the quote on it.
                  But don't worry, I'll do it again. If it means your Japanese ego will shatter once more, I'll do it.
                  Screenshot or it didn't happen.
                  Last edited by News Bot; 02-18-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• I need to whack an apology in here, I thought the "He's unconscious" line came from Barry's body in the lab as I 'remembered' it from when I was younger. I don't have my PS3 anymore, otherwise I would have confirmed via RE1: DC before posting.

I would like to go back to the game though and see where I thought the line was. But before I do that, has anyone got the ability to go through the game's text and see if there's anything else like it elsewhere?

It can't be a mistake because it doesn't appear anywhere else in the game.
                    The fact that it doesn't appear elsewhere rules out a copy & paste mistake. However, Rombie nails it, you can't make any assumptions on why it was written and why it was replaced. It's a grey area in the development of the game and should be accepted as that. Saying it is definitive proof is wrong.
                    Last edited by Jimmy_Jazz; 02-18-2015, 04:38 PM.
                    "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                      The fact that it doesn't appear elsewhere rules out a copy & paste mistake. However, Rombie nails it, you can't make any assumptions on why it was written and why it was replaced. It's a grey area in the development of the game and should be accepted as that. Saying it is definitive proof is wrong.
                      I'm not making assumptions. "Educated guess", more like. I'm the only one relying on sources and evidence at the moment.

I'm not saying I'm 100% right. I'm saying there is more evidence to support my assertion, which is just blatant.
                      Last edited by News Bot; 02-18-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• But heck, I may as well try again.

Modern survival horror.

RE7.

Current RE universe & characters.

Current RE gameplay.

What's compatible? What's not? Where does the series go next?

Crafting seems to be a common mechanic in horror games nowadays (sometimes completely missplaced, like in the new Tomb Raider) and something you can trace back to RE's herbs and RE3's ammo system.

I'd also like to see moving cameras if their rotation is locked and panned ahead of the player. I find CV's simple implementation and narrow FoV weren't a good showcase for what you could do with moving cameras. And if we have REMaster style modern controls, can we at least get proper turn anims & speeds and the ability to slowly move whilst aiming by taking advantage of the both analogue sticks for movement and aiming.
                        "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Comment

• NB - Fair enough. It's not an excuse for lack of evidence, I never said otherwise. It's just the evidence provided hasn't been 100% conclusive so when people throw around words like 'clear evidence' and 'know it's true intent' when they're possibly not entirely correct it going to get peoples heckles up. As for your viewpoint, I never denied and certainly it has more evidence going for it. And I can't deny you're correct when you say people may have a lot more connection to the Wesker dead direct English text fallacy because they've been around that thought for 16-17 years now. Add in your Iwao info which gives his intent as well... I'm just never sure we're going to ever have 100% answer on this though. So this often posturing argument is making us all look like fools.

As for the arrogance thing, man I'm just more surprised because back on page 9 I said you were using guesstimates etc. and you seemingly agreed on this part even if we disagreed about everything else but expanded just as you did now... and then I saw all the stuff from earlier today and there was the "it's clear" and blah blah... so thats why I personally asked the question that I got involved with. But I'm just going to leave this part of the discussion now and answer Jimmy's question because I don't think I'm helping. So... no hard feelings man, just so you know, and sorry if I bugged you too much.

Jimmy - I thought some of the cameras in CV were nice, especially the stuff leading towards the Ashford manor on the hill. But I think LiN especially solves a lot of the issues mixing moving, fixed, and floating camera angles in a reasonable balance. Give me REmake style gameplay and puzzles with that camera and a slightly more dynamic action control set (halfway between Remake and the absurdly over the top RE6 - so I can leap over a small chest in the way or knock a barrier over at least) and I might be okay with it.
                            Last edited by Rombie; 02-18-2015, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Haha I'm actually confused about what parts of the argument I'm clear on and not because almost each person has said something different to some degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                                This thread is still going? I thought by not replying again it might die off... but considering it's still going, I just want to ask a question...
                                Not only still going, it actually has just grown 3 pages in 3 hours , you know, another endless struggle for the truth, well, I'll just skip to this point.

I think I finally understand how the Biohazard universe works: there's no plot holes, inconsistences, shoehorned plot twist, controversies between games... etc. because writers had the whole story planned since the original game came out, they just added minimal tweaks but didn't change their minds nor the series course at any time, so everything flows clean and smooth in this perfect world. If you think something doesn't fit, it's allways because of:

-Mistranslations
                                -Wesker's metaphors (only before RE5)
                                -Scraped text found on beta disks
                                -Interview with developers post-game release

The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Working...
                                X