Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will future Resident Evil tiltes return to survival horror?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I still don't know what re-releasing Code Veronica or the Remake has to do with anything?
    When it comes to REMaster, everyone is guessing that it's Capcom testing the waters for a traditional RE experience for modern audiences.

As for CV, it was re-released alongside 1-3 on the PS3 and 4 on the PS3 & X360. None were heavily promoted so it looks like Capcom trying to get abit of money out of the back catalogue and not trying to hint or learn anything. That said, I'd be curious to know what the 1-3 sales have been like on the PS3 and PSP over the past few years.
    "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
      They've re-released just about every game in the franchise at some point. The point is what exactly?
      They have released the older REs as PS classics. Code Veronica was re-released as a Remastered edition, along with RE4. Just like REmake is right now. They are also creating a spin-off which they guarantee it's the return to the Roots, as they did with Revelations 1. And all of this before a main-series game (RE6/7) is still to be announced. That's the point.

They try way too hard to prove they're going back to horror and shit, only to fool everyone else in the end.
      Revelations 2 will have as much of "horror" as RE6 did, since they've already said they'll follow the RE6 "one campaign for horror, another one for action" design.

The point is the same strategy that's repeating itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
        When it comes to REMaster, everyone is guessing that it's Capcom testing the waters for a traditional RE experience for modern audiences.
        No I think you both misunderstood me asking why does it matter. I know this is what people are thinking. It possibly is or isn't what Capcom is doing because none of us fully know. But my question is why is this an point of complaint? Who cares of that is their motivation this time? To make better games or games people want? Shit better get the pitchforks out.

Michelle - All you just did is list some games there. That's the point? Before digital downloads Capcom did the same thing. Capcom rereleased those ps1 games on PC, Dreamcast, GameCube, and other consoles. Those digital ps1 titles are the same as so many companies and re-releases and ports of other Capcom games have been done. Internally it could be for numerous reasons. Profits. Brand awareness. For all we know Capcom management have a requirement to release X number of titles every so many years for each franchise. Who knows. You're taking guesses but for what reason? To bitch about someone actually making games for you?

What's with all the ungreatful attitude? As people have said already in the topic if you don't like it why do you still care about the franchise. The better question to me though is Considering your complaint is Capcom team members supposedly repeating the same problem why are you acting all high and mighty and surpised they would do it again?

In the case of the Remake HD anyway people just can't be happy. It's been one of the most requested ports that never happened yet all people can do is nitpick and find reasons to use it to complain about the company.
        In the end that doesn't matter though because apparently people will just bitch about everything now and act like entitled brats that require jusitification for everything.
        Last edited by Rombie; 01-19-2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

1- I don't need to like every bullshit CAPCOM tries to send down my throat to be a fan of the franchise.
          2- This topic is about opinions, if my opinion seems bitchy, ungrateful and picky. Well, sad for you!
          3- Just because I'm happy about the rerelease of REmake and Code Veronica, doesn't mean I have to be happy about the fact this is merely a marketing strategy for gathering the horror fanbase back in order for them to buy their new action-oriented games. This was the case with REV1 and RE6, it's now repeating itself with REV2, and probably RE7.
          4- Before you judge me or my opinions, learn to interpret what I'm saying. You've been missing the point since the beginning, so if you don't know what you're gonna talk about, just STFU.
          Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2015, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
            1- I don't need to like every bullshit CAPCOM tries to send down my throat to be a fan of the franchise.
            2- This topic is about opinions, if my opinion seems bitchy, ungrateful and picky. Well, sad for you!
            3- Just because I'm happy about the rerelease of REmake and Code Veronica, doesn't mean I have to be happy about the fact this is merely a marketing strategy for gathering the horror fanbase back in order for them to buy their new action-oriented games. This was the case with REV1 and RE6, it's now repeating itself with REV2, and probably RE7.
            4- Before you judge me or my opinions, learn to interpret what I'm saying. You've been missing the point since the beginning, so if you don't know what you're gonna talk about, just STFU.
            No one said you had to take it be a fan of the franchise. But most people just don't care because it's a pointless thing to have a conniption fit over.

Problem is you've said the same thing (#3 on your list) over and over again... we all got your opinion and the point the first time, it didn't get any better the several hundred other times you continued to repeat yourself no matter how much you reword it. And your claims to further your cause in later post have constantly been conjecture on your part claiming what you're saying to be what Capcom is actually doing (which you've been called out on) or links to prove nothing... such as the stuff I've called you out on.

I don't think I've interpreted anything you've said wrong nor missed your point, in fact if you look back four posts of mine earlier I actually said I understand and agree that Capcom have said things and then done others before. Personally it doesn't make it deliberately misleading to me and I couldn't care less if it's for sales or any other reason. As long as they make better games in the franchise or re-release the ones we actually want, I'm perfectly happy. Funny enough I said these exact things in that same reply earlier in this topic... and yet you say I missed the point? GG.

Finally you've not once, but twice, said you'd quit this topic but still you continue to beat your drum repeatedly... and then tell me I don't know what I'm talking about and to STFU. Nice going there also. Maybe you should take your own advice, I figure I don't have to point out anymore irony in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie
              And I still don't know what re-releasing Code Veronica or the Remake has to do with anything? They've re-released just about every game in the franchise at some point. The point is what exactly?
              Michelle - All you just did is list some games there. That's the point?
              In the case of the Remake HD anyway people just can't be happy. It's been one of the most requested ports that never happened yet all people can do is nitpick and find reasons to use it to complain about the company. In the end that doesn't matter though because apparently people will just bitch about everything now and act like entitled brats that require jusitification for everything.
              Definitely didn't miss any point there, even when you repeat THIS over 3 posts in a row.
              You clearly didn't understand what I was trying to say, assumed I was complaining about the REmake rerelease, and talking nonsense.
              Again, if you don't know what you're talking about: STFU. Plain and simple.
              Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
                Definitely didn't miss any point there, even when you repeat THIS over 3 posts in a row.
                You clearly didn't understand what I was trying to say, assumed I was complaining about the REmake rerelease, and talking nonsense.
                Again, if you don't know what you're talking about: STFU. Plain and simple.
                Wow... so glad you ignored all the other stuff I actually said accurately about your argument and focused on one thing to try and say I didn't understand you making an issue about. In response:

1. Original question because as explained (again - why do I need to? *sigh*) ...I don't see the point of making a complaint that you do. You're confusing the idea of returning questioning why bother =/= I somehow don't understand at all.

No, I got your complaint there alright - it's just I see it being pointless (now where have you heard this before?).

Also where did I said this Remake HD stuff was apparently all your issue was? I've already outlined several other replies in this thread I've made to your claims regarding RE "action-gaming" titles promotion and Capcom staff saying stuff and then it changing - so your reason for complaining about this is now... A lack of anything else to stand on? A desperate attempt to gain something? A way to drag out a topic you clearly should have quit ages ago with your tail between your legs?

2. Sarcasm. Obviously. Duh. You did actually make a list of games in your response, that otherwise outside of the list said the same thing again about them re-releasing games. And I replied to it after the sarcasm (you know - the bit with the things called words and written as a response*) after which explain how Capcom has always re-released games anyway - is there for you to look over but which you choose to ignore now. So I don't see your point with this either.

* Just in case you didn't realize, there some more sarcasm for you... because you know I'm implying you can't read when clearly I actually think you probably can put the words together. Thought I better highlight it just in case you missed it again.

3. "In the case " implies I'm talking about one part/case of your complaint. Also you're using the Remake as a point to complain about Capcom marketing a Survival Horror title when they'll sell an action game next... (shock... I like totes got what you said!) but your use of complaint is just another thing to add to the list of bitching and moaning about something to do with the Remake. I didn't say you were complaining about the content of the game (if you re-read my quote you used you'll notice I said "using it to bitch about the company" - so good work reading there once again)... You're the one choosing to narrow this now, not me.

You're really struggling here. Are you about finished now... you know finally to quit like you said twice before? Because your clutching at straws right now.
                Last edited by Rombie; 01-20-2015, 10:46 AM. Reason: Fixn some spellins in era.

Comment

Don't play the smartass. Straws or not, your comments were shit. You assumed stuff from me, judged me and tried to take everything I said out of context. Try to justify it as much as you want, everyone can see what you've done. It won't change a thing.

Comment

It all boils down to one simple question. What is your view or standard of what survival horror should be for a Resident Evil game?

If it's jump scares, pre-rendered backgrounds, tank controls and item management then sadly that died over a decade ago.
                    Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 01-20-2015, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                      It all boils down to one simple question. What is your view or standard of what survival horror should be for a Resident Evil game?
                      If it's jump scares, pre-rendered backgrounds, tank controls and item management then sadly that died over a decade ago.
                      My view is that it should have a story that makes sense and doesn't look like it was taken from a mad man's mind, not having protagonists that are so powerful and unimpressed by the whole situation they don't even look human, and most importantly, that the game should keep me scared.

Comment

Resident Evil as a whole doesn't make sense since it's fictional. If by mad men you're referring mainly to Wesker then it's mostly due to his character in 5. If uber powerful charcters isn't impressive than let's go back to the beginning with characters running around with rocket launchers and petite sized girls firing miniguns. As I recall the characters look human. Fear is in the eyes of the viewer. Can't please everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                          Resident Evil as a whole doesn't make sense since it's fictional. If by mad men you're referring mainly to Wesker then it's mostly due to his character in 5. If uber powerful charcters isn't impressive than let's go back to the beginning with characters running around with rocket launchers and petite sized girls firing miniguns. As I recall the characters look human. Fear is in the eyes of the viewer. Can't please everyone.
                          I mean stories like RE4, which is basically a parasite discovered God-knows-where that's capable of controlling the mind the others, destroying their brains, creating blades on its place and still being able to move. Not to mention, there's a guy who can somehow supernaturally control them at distance with his own mind. This kind of madness never happened on the original games, and it also happens on some today's so-called horror games like The Evil Within.

And by saying I don't want uber-powerful characters, I don't want things like Leon, who can perform stunts, kick the living shit out of an entire army of deadly monsters, dodge lasers with his Matrix abilities and still joke about his situation. Oh, and guess what? His character got his named changed and is now on The Evil Within. Mr Mikami is sure a man of creativity.

Comment

Mikami is also the reason you can bitch about the direction the series has gone. 4 was a good game. I applaud that he took a leap from zombies. I also noticed your whole comment addressed only 4 and TEW not any other games. As for the lasers you obviously don't know it's a reference to the first movie. Since your sarcastically say he lacks creativity let get real, If George Romero didn't create Night of the Living Dead then there would be no Resident Evil and you wouldn't be here to bitch just to hear yourself bitch and Rombie and I wouldn't be here wasting our time as you keep finding things to complain about.

Comment

Actually if Richard Matheson never wrote "I am legend" we never would have gotten "Night of the living Dead". Sorry to split hairs there,

Comment

"Oh... But it was just a reference... DUH!!!"

Don't you fuckin' say!
                                Can we now drop 50% of the original timeline, since it was obviously a reference to B-horror movies then?

Reference or not, that fuckin' cutscene was ridiculous, not even the characters in the movie performed the Matrix dodges Leon did. And that was just ONE example, he still magically goes around doing unnatural stunts over Degeneration, Damnation and RE6.

You have mentioned TEW as an example of modern survival horror, I have pointed out why it isn't. No need to get defensive and start calling me names, sweetheart. But it's not surprising coming from the guy who constantly assumes I just want an experience like RE1, even though I've said a thousand times I don't.

And P.S.: If I want to say these games are shit and CAPCOM is a shitty company... Well, guess what? I can and I WILL! Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X