Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 7 is going to blow our minds, says Capcom Producer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote with your wallet. Try it for free first (there are ways), and only purchase it if you like it. This is how I approach music and cinema, anyway.

Comment

Glad to hear that, I'm gonna get the torches ready.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-03-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        Vote with your wallet. Try it for free first (there are ways), and only purchase it if you like it. This is how I approach music and cinema, anyway.

I always watch no commentary walktroughs on youtube eating pizza. So good. No need to play the game to say if it sux or not.
        Last edited by yurieu; 02-04-2015, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm
          Yea bullshit I dont think they can even release a game half as good as RE4
          I used to think RE4, despite being too different from old RE, was an excellent game. Almost untouchable, you know.

Now, I can't stand that game anymore. Very good game, but a very shallow one aswell. Terrible story, tedious sections that makes no sense...It's just a game, in fact. It doesn't even try to create a solid and believable journey.

Revelations is the best "next gen" RE for me.

Comment

Capcom, please bring back the Cockney Shop Keeper from RE4 to RE7!!!
            "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

RE7?

Comment

Capcom are known for making quite the statements. I just hope they deliver!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	354.7 KB
ID:	403908
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                  Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

The sad thing is, I'll probably end up buying this thing Day 1 anyway. >_>
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

I've decided that, if RER2 disappoints me or if it's just a mediocre game, then I'm not going to buy another RE anymore, except for old-school remasters. If Capcom's so called "Survival horror sub-series" fails to meet the expectations then nothing good will come from 7.
                      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Despite the fact that it's by a different team?

There's nothing wrong with being pessimistic and using Capcom's track record to predict their future. But when RE7 does come out, surely it should be judged on its own merits & failures and not that pessimism.

Comment

^This. I ended play Rev2 with speculation however it's turning into an enjoyable experience. The team that threw this together should have been in charge of RE6, in face Rev2 should have just been labeled as RE6 instead. I haven't enjoyed a RE game this much in about a decade. Hopefully we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
                          Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 03-03-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I agree, things are certainly looking up for the series as of late. Although Rev2 is far from the former glory its definitely the closest we have gotten possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                              Despite the fact that it's by a different team?
                              Precisely, if not even the "Revelations team" can make a true Resident Evil that can really satisfy me, then I have no reason to look forward to the next series installment. Considering "the failure" that was RE6 sold 6 million copies and is currently the third best selling game in Capcom's history, it's obvious that the action shooter fashion isn't going to disappear.

I truly enjoyed RE4/5/6 for what they are, but I'm already tired of the linear action shooter style, and if I want action games there are much better and more solid exponents of the genre, rather than a franchise that has identity crysis and ran out of ideas 10 years ago.

Only if RER2 is a great RE for me (I hope so) I'll keep looking forward to the future of the series, if not I'll pass. I can't tell now because I'm waiting until episode 3 is released to start playing the game.
                              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I think you're missing your own point.

You've essentially said that you don't care what RE7 is like, if REV2 is bad then you're done with the series. So if RE7 does turn out to be a 10/10 scoring, survival horror experience (and the chances of that are very, very slim) but you didn't like REV2 then you're still not going to buy RE7.

That's illogical. End of.

Be pessimistic, but don't be stubborn if RE7 turns out to be something you'd like to play based on what you see / hear of it, even if you don't like REV2.

Comment

Working...
                                X