Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 7 is going to blow our minds, says Capcom Producer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 7 is going to blow our minds, says Capcom Producer.

What does the producer mean "blow our minds"? I hope it's not another "save the world from destruction by bioterrorism, Michael Bay" action game!! Hopefully it'll be survival horror that take cues from the Resident Evil Remake...

I friggin' hope so - if this turns out to be another 5 or 6 - thats it for me. I may still buy it, just coz its Resident Evil.. but I wouldn't be able to take it seriously as part of the canon..

Revelations type spin offs I can live with.. but I'd love for the classic style - more puzzles, classic type monsters and scares.. no action!

RE3 had tons of action and was quite Micheal Bay like in parts - but it kept the horror and suspense too. something modern REs are missing IMO
    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

when he says blow our minds he means by how fucking awful it's gonna be
      4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

RE7 will be a reboot in an alternate universe.

Comment

This statement is pointless, he is just being positive.

Comment

Resident Evil 7 is going to blow our wallets, with tons of DLCs and microshits for sure...
            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

If it fails to blow my mind, I'll probably end up doing it myself. Capcom loves to cry wolf.

Comment

Here is what they mean by "It will blow our minds". It's suicidal to play it since it will be a massive failure to the point you'll "blow" your "brains" out.
                Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 01-29-2015, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                  I friggin' hope so - if this turns out to be another 5 or 6 - thats it for me. I may still buy it,
                  This is call CAPCOM needs to hear.
                  Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                    I friggin' hope so - if this turns out to be another 5 or 6 - thats it for me. I may still buy it, just coz its Resident Evil.. but I wouldn't be able to take it seriously as part of the canon..
                    And this is why we cannot have nice things..your part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
                      And this is why we cannot have nice things..your part of the problem.
                      What? Is is wrong to still like the characters and overall storyline? Even if the gameplay and other things kinda suck.

Its the same with Tomb Raider and Silent Hill for me - sure they aren't what they used to be back in the day, but people still buy them for the love of the series as a whole.. even if the individual games don't fare so well :/
                      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

I think MGS managed to keep itself fresh in two important ways that RE could learn from. Firstly, it's not been afraid to leave its original world behind. By going back to its own past, it's able to explore its lore from a different angle without getting too bogged down in characters and events that you need to remember. Secondly, it's wiped the slate clean and gone back to basics with a more fully realised world with MGS:GZ / PP.

I would love to see the series take a fresh perspective on both its world and mechanics and either ask itself how would the haunted house scenario work in today's world or if it stepped back into the series' own past and explored things from that perspective.
                        "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                          This statement is pointless, he is just being positive.
                          This. He doesn't know anything about RE7 and even if he did, he wouldn't say "hey RE7 is gonna suck, excuse us in advance !", so it's kind of obvious he would praise his co-workers in this situation.

Pointless thread on an even more pointless piece of non-news, there's nothing to talk about.
                          Last edited by Sly; 01-30-2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Yea bullshit I dont think they can even release a game half as good as RE4 (Revelations was kinda boring for me)

Comment

And this is why you don't read/click/post linkbait anywhere on the Internet

Comment

Working...
                              X