Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 7 is going to blow our minds, says Capcom Producer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm done waiting for miracles, that's not pessimism, it's common sense. Resident Evil is not what I want since the day RE4 came out, it evolved in the wrong way, and I'll simply take RER2 as the last try I'm giving to the franchise.
    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Common sense would be to say "it's probably going to follow in the footsteps of 6, but I'll judge it on its own terms, not REV2's".

Foolishness is saying "I don't care what it's like, if I don't like REV2, I won't be buying 7". If a miracle does happen, and I'm not saying hold out for one, you still won't buy 7. How ridiculous is that???
      "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

I don't see what's the problem with me not wanting to give Capcom another opportunity if RER2 isn't good enough, dude. Gave them many chances already with RE4,5,6 and RER, don't you think that's enough?.

I have no reason to keep wasting time and money on a franchise that keeps doing almost everything wrong for now more than a decade, that would be ridiculous. That's why only if I really like RER2 I'll give the series another vote of confidence.

Expecting RE7 to be a 10/10 survival horror is like expecting Paul W.S. Anderson to make a decent movie, just a wishful thinking, I can't even imagine that could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
          I don't see what's the problem with me not wanting to give Capcom another opportunity if RER2 isn't good enough, dude. Gave them many chances already with RE4,5,6 and RER, don't you think that's enough?.

I have no reason to keep wasting time and money on a franchise that keeps doing almost everything wrong for now more than a decade, that would be ridiculous. That's why only if I really like RER2 I'll give the series another vote of confidence.

Expecting RE7 to be a 10/10 survival horror is like expecting Paul W.S. Anderson to make a decent movie, just a wishful thinking, I can't even imagine that could happen.
          In my point of view, in all these years I do not buy RE games anymore because they are not what I want. I only gives money in something i do want.

Resident Evil became a big pile of junk and they can't even reach the basic stuff: music, mechanics, graphics...

Just look at Barry's face, it is just not him, for God's sake.
          Last edited by yurieu; 03-04-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I don't see what's the problem with me not wanting to give Capcom another opportunity if RER2 isn't good enough, dude.
            Because if RE7 does turn out to be good enough for you but you don't buy it then you're missing out for no reason other than stubbornness.

I did not say anything about expecting RE7 to be a 10/10 game but highlighting that if RE7 defies your expectations, no matter how small that chance of "if" is, then turning your back on it for the sake of pride is pathetic.

I'm not arguing about the odds of the next RE7 being what you'd like, because common sense suggests that the odds are not stacked in your favour (which is common sense), but can you not mentally seperate the potential outcomes from the chances of each outcome occurring???

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
              RE1 FMV Barry is different from RE1 ingame Barry is different from REMake Barry.

I'm waiting for the whole of REV2 to be released in a single package before buying so I've been avoiding reviews and spoilers but a common suggestion is that the character model and dialogue have been based around RE1 Barry, not REMake Barry.

And RE1 Barry is the best character ever. We were robbed by not getting a game with him as the star on the PSOne

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                *twitches and shakes in the corner* J-Jill... It's the... it's the Jilluminati all over again...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                  RE1 FMV Barry is different from RE1 ingame Barry is different from REMake Barry.

I'm waiting for the whole of REV2 to be released in a single package before buying so I've been avoiding reviews nd spoilers but a common suggestion is that the character model and dialogue have been based around RE1 Barry, not REMake Barry.

And RE1 Barry is the best character ever. We were robbed by not getting a game with him as the star on the PSOne
                  OS will be that opportunity. I might ask Rusty for his modeling expertise.

To tell you the truth Barry's scenario is very similar to Gaidens. You have Barry who's on a mission to save someone, meets a little girl, said girl has a sixth sense, girl uses sense to "see" bows through walls (Gaiden was through ingame events), girl is able to fight (unlike young Sherry). That's where the similarities end for the time being.

Comment

Yay, thank you for including a REV2 spoiler there UC. Be careful next time ;-)

Comment

Whoops,sorry. Figured everyone has at least played the first episode by now.

Comment

Pretty sure people waiting for the physical release have not played first episode at all

Comment

Pretty sure people waiting for the physical release have not played first episode at all
                          This. Please do not post spoilers outside of the Revelations 2 spoiler thread.

Comment

How many empty promises have Capcom producers given us at this point? I still remember when they were touting RE6 being a return to Survival Horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                              How many empty promises have Capcom producers given us at this point? I still remember when they were touting RE6 being a return to Survival Horror.
                              Along with RE5, Revelations 1 and 2.

Comment

..Revelations 2 is a return to Survival Horror. More so in Barry chapter 2 than Claire, but goddamn Barry Chapter 2 is fucking splendid. Game isn't even finished, give it another chapter.
                                Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-07-2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X