No announcement yet.

Alien 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is a Weyland in Alien 3. Jut someting seemly forgot about, or that Ridley Scott didn't care about.

Sounds like they've rebooted the Alien canon if that all true. As recent as the extras of Aliens Quadrilogy bluray they still say all the gunk I mentioned is canon.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
      He is a Weyland in Alien 3. Jut someting seemly forgot about, or that Ridley Scott didn't care about.

Sounds like they've rebooted the Alien canon if that all true. As recent as the extras of Aliens Quadrilogy bluray they still say all the gunk I mentioned is canon.
      Who says he's a Weyland in Alien 3? Certainly nothing in the production archives do. He's just Michael Bishop, the guy who designed the Bishop android line. If you're looking for a connection to Charles Bishop Weyland because of the likeness then no, no. AVP is irrelevant, parallel universe. Likewise with Colonial Marines. It's there floating around with Biohazard Gaiden and Operation Raccoon City.

Apart from the enhancement pods made for the blu-ray Anthology, everything in the Quadrilogy in 13 years old.
      Last edited by TheBatMan; 02-24-2015, 05:32 PM.
      "I've got 100 cows."
      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Fox is making Neill Blomkamp's new Alien movie, and Sigourney Weaver is definitely on board to reprise her Ellen Ripley role. And while we still don't know the story, despite the teasing glimpses provided in concept art such as the pieces above, we do know something new: Blomkamp's Alien will basically disregard Alien 3 and…

Blomkamp’s Alien will basically disregard Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection as the director says he’s designing the film to sit in sequence after Aliens.
        Well that is one way to solve the Alien 3 Weyland issue.

Let's see how much worse they can screw up the continuity. If they can screw it worse than Prometheus I'll be impressed.
        I'm already impressed.
        Last edited by Dracarys; 02-25-2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Well, then you can enjoy Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection, most of us who grew up with the Aliens movies disregarded these films long ago.

Comment

Alien 3 best in series. Horror of the original movie without the terribly slow pacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
              Well, then you can enjoy Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection, most of us who grew up with the Aliens movies disregarded these films long ago.
              Once you get over the accents and bald heads A3 actually becomes a great movie. Not many movies can pull off that dark, depressing atmosphere so well. I wouldn't say its better than the first two, but it can be if I'm in the mood for it.

And Resurrection had the sexiest ass ever seen in a movie before.

Comment

I can accept a parallel universe non-canonical Alien 5 if that's the direction Blomkamp wants to go. Have no mention of Alien 3 or 4, no mention of why Ripley and Hicks have aged and have his own spin on the Space Jockeys. Go for it and good luck to him.

But Alien 3 will always be canon to me. Absolutely fantastic, underrated masterpiece.
                "I've got 100 cows."
                "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                  Once you get over the accents and bald heads A3 actually becomes a great movie. Not many movies can pull off that dark, depressing atmosphere so well.
                  Its not the atmosphere, accents, or the bald heads that bothered me, its the fact that unlike the previous two films this film literally gives Ripley no chance of surviving.

We've had 2 films where Ellen Ripley has survived the Xenomorphs and both times its been a hell of a ride, Scott and Camerons films have both had her take the monsters on differently, but in both films there was always a chance for her to get out of the situation.

In the 3rd film, there is no chance for her to get out of the mess shes in, the chestburster is a death sentence.

So we've got Ripley stranded on a prison planet, the survivors of the previous film killed off screen, shes surrounded by murderers and rapists and is forced to just wait to die...Thats incredibly depressing, miserable, and ultimately disrespectful to the audience.

Taking this amazing protagonist who has beaten the odds twice, and put her in a situation where theres nothing for her to do really, was the wrong choice to make. Yes theres conflict, which is the key element to any script, but if the character cant get out of the situation and cant do anything, thats an honest to god empty experience.

The main character doesnt always have to survive a movie, but its important to not cheat the audience out of their time by getting them emotionally invested in the protagonist who is fucked from the first scene. Even Saw, which is one of the blandest horror films I've seen, managed to keep some hope that the protagonists might escape.

The reasons why this film ended up being what it was are all online and its incredibly depressing and shows how stupid Fox was when they were trying to develop this movie, their biggest mistake was putting out the announcement date of the film before they even had a concept on paper.

I cant knock the direction, atmosphere, performances, music, editing, effects,or sets because thats where everyone did their job. But the script? Not so much, the fact that they had to shut production down for 2 months while they came up with the ending was one of the bigger clusterfucks I've heard of in the industry.

This movies story concept went from locating the planet where the Aliens came from(which wasn't used because it was too expensive an idea)and would have expanded on the war concept from the previous movie, to a planet made of wood that was populated by monks, which is hands down the dumbest idea to use but was changed to a prison planet and 1 alien and an queen.

We've already seen Alien, we know how dangerous and how much damage 1 Alien can do. Repeating that concept on a planet filled with rapists and murderers isn't anything new or interesting. There could have been all kinds of story choices to use, but a partial recycle of the first film felt like an economical choice more than anything.

I cant knock people for liking or loving the film, because its all about preference in the end, but I can disagree with you and use Monty Python insults if neccesary!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                    Its not the atmosphere, accents, or the bald heads that bothered me, its the fact that unlike the previous two films this film literally gives Ripley no chance of surviving.
                    You're all gonna die. The only question is how you check out.

Comment

You're all gonna die. The only question is how you check out.
                      A swan dive into an inferno while in mid chest burst is a pretty lame way to check out. Too over the top, lacks the quiet dignity of the drinking ones self to death in Vegas.
                      Last edited by Wrathborne; 02-26-2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I,like Ripley knew it was just another bishop model, not a human, and so I fall into the molten lead.

Comment

I,like Ripley knew it was just another bishop model, not a human, and so I fall into the molten lead.

Comment

So I think people are basing the movie on some concept art. I mean who knows what the actual movie would be like and the aging in Cryosleep can be EASILY explained.

And as for ignoring Alien 3 and Resurrection.... probably for the best. They were alright movies but they didn't add anything to the franchise. Alien was an amazing Horror/Suspense film and Aliens was one of the best action/horror movies that ever was released... the following movies just didn't feel like they did anything to the franchise expect beat an old fish. If they woulda stopped with Alien 3 then maybe that would have been a fitting end to the series but Resurrection screwed it all up. Wasn't needed nor wanted. I feel like this next one will do everything right. Will be up to par with the first two and put a fitting end to Ripleys story.

Comment

Alien, ALIENS, AlienĀ³.

That's all folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.BioHazard View Post
                                So I think people are basing the movie on some concept art. I mean who knows what the actual movie would be like and the aging in Cryosleep can be EASILY explained.
                                Michael Biehn is back as Hicks according to this article, but its not an official announcement so lets wait and see.
                                Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-04-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X