Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone pick up Revelations 2? (*Fawkin' spoilers beware*)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any word on Raid Mode's story elements yet? Intrigued to listen to Red Queen Alpha's audio logs.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

"I was almost a Claire sandwich"
      "Who's the master of unlocking now?"

Dear CAPCOM, stop the RE1 references, it's getting annoying.

Comment

I'm really out of the loop... I didn't realize that this was released. I think I will just hold off until the physical release of the entire game.
        Last edited by Graco; 02-24-2015, 07:34 PM.
        sigpic
        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
          "I was almost a Claire sandwich"
          "Who's the master of unlocking now?"

Dear CAPCOM, stop the RE1 references, it's getting annoying.
          I thought them humorous.

Is a CV reference too, when Claire finds the pistol.
          Last edited by Dracarys; 02-24-2015, 08:30 PM.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

It unlocks in a few hours on Steam. I can't wait. Also, did anyone else notice that Natalia is carrying a teddy bear in her official render?

Spoiler:
            Last edited by biohazard_star; 02-24-2015, 10:40 PM.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Any word on Raid Mode's story elements yet? Intrigued to listen to Red Queen Alpha's audio logs.
              No luck yet, but the main menu has 12 secret files just like in RE5.
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                I thought them humorous.
                I think they're old, they used it on RE5:Gold, they used it on Mercenaries 3D, and now on Revelations 2.
                The first time it's fun, the 5th one is not.

Comment

Well I just finished the first episode on both Normal and Hard. I like how tense some of the enemy ambushes are. That zapping system throwback with the flamethrower thing was a nice touch.

Steve would be proud of how cynical Claire has become lol. The knife Claire picked up is also the exact same type you get in Code Veronica.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                    Steve would be proud of how cynical Claire has become lol.
                    The line doesn't exist in the Japanese version, Claire's more of a realist than cynical.

Comment

^ I'm expecting most if not all of these verbal references in the English version won't exist in the Japanese one given the development of the English dialogue for the game as you know.

Comment

...so, basically, CAPCOM is pulling a move from Nintendo's playbook by baiting everyone with nostalgia? Is this even worth playing otherwise?
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

No, TOSE is involved so it sucks.

Just kidding. REV2 has the best atmosphere since Zero, hands down. So far so good.

Comment

TOSE's involvement was a major downer when I saw the credits. That is literally never a good thing. But I really like the game so far.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                              ...so, basically, CAPCOM is pulling a move from Nintendo's playbook by baiting everyone with nostalgia? Is this even worth playing otherwise?

I dunno man, I remember you didn't care for Rev1 and theres a pretty good change you wont care for this game either, I like what I'm seeing here more than REv1...but I'm pretty iffy about CAPCOM selling things on a chapter by chapter basis and all that stupid shit.

I'll wait until the whole game is out and everyone has finished it and listen to their final thoughts on the game.

Last Rev game was a lot of fun and storywise was pretty good...but it still had to much ham, didn't quite care for some of the characters and I wanted more horror and atmosphere. WhHile it was the best RE game in a decade, it still wasn't as dark or as interesting as it should have been.

..also I am irritated to see that gore is almost fully gone in the game, I mean...no exploding zombie heads? Thats what zombie heads are for!
                              Last edited by Wrathborne; 02-25-2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

So far, REV2 is an improvement over REV1 in pretty much every department.
                                It is obviously too soon to pass judgement on its plot, but everything else is better. Gameplay, graphics, atmosphere, character and enemy design, you name it.

Comment

Working...
                                X