Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone pick up Revelations 2? (*Fawkin' spoilers beware*)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
    Wait why is this an arguement?
    Because Rev2 can't have dislikers, ever. So has determined the angry fanboys.

Comment

• I like the game but I have been ripping on the fact that Capcom can't really write any good original ideas anymore so they play with our nostalgia to make things seem better than they really are. Though Alex is pretty cool I guess.

Comment

• Which is why I still want a reboot, go back to Raccoon city, go back to the mansion start over and build from the ground up. Have this dev team do it, they're the best thing to happen to Resident Evil in 11 years.

Comment

• Apparantly a lot of this team worked on Code Veronica and RE: Zero which are both great entires imo aside from plots/villains that are downright laughable.

Comment

Wait why is this an arguement?
            Because this little twit named Michelle likes to turn every thread into a cry for help.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Apparantly a lot of this team worked on Code Veronica and RE: Zero which are both great entires imo aside from plots/villains that are downright laughable.
              I don't know if it shares individual developers with those games, but TOSE worked on all three games and REV1.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                Because this little twit named Michelle likes to turn every thread into a cry for help.
                Oh boo hoo. Newsflash: I can and will. ;)
                In the end, it's all my opinion. Sorry there's people who don't like it.
                Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2015, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Why are you guys feeding the obvious troll?
                  If she wants to waste her time and energy throwing a temper tantrum in a discussion of a game she apparently hates - that's her prerogative.

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                  Which is why I still want a reboot, go back to Raccoon city, go back to the mansion start over and build from the ground up. Have this dev team do it, they're the best thing to happen to Resident Evil in 11 years.
                  I'm still heavily against a Resident Evil 'reboot' especially not in the typically: Lets just redo old ideas because we're out of new ones mentality, that's not going to fix anything. If they want to start over, there's no reason they can't start a completely new series. Does it really need the Resident Evil title?

Comment

• My original Idea before 5 was to end the series with all the remaining stars members plus Billy and Leon and whoever else taking on the last remnants of Umbrella inside an environmental transforming mansion. Also Spencer would mutate into the final boss, I sure had an imagination in Middle School......

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                      Which is why I still want a reboot, go back to Raccoon city, go back to the mansion start over and build from the ground up. Have this dev team do it, they're the best thing to happen to Resident Evil in 11 years.
                      Heres the issue with rebooting RE. Would a reboot going back to Raccoon City or the Mansion actually be as good as REmake and 2? writing, voice acting yeah sure the quality right there would improve but what about the game? REmake is probably the best survival horror game ever made because of how every element of it comes together.

Resident Evil 2 which is obviously dated doesn't need rebooted but rather just a solid REmake.

I just can't see a reboot pleasing people, I can already envision the melt downs if the characters we know and (mostly) love were wiped clean.

I'm thinking this genre and series needs that next big step, and VR could be that next big step it needs. Back in 1996 polygonal zombies, snakes and the other monsters was new, shocking and scary.
                      Video games as a whole is slowing down, even the likes of The Last of Us just didn't do anything new and nothing since RE4 has taken that genre to new places since.

Comment

• The plot thickens. Heavenly Island appears to be dealing with the island where Spencer sent Alex to create a virus for immortality.

PAGE 121

Conejo Square
                        Museum

CLAIRE
                        A historiography on the island...

PAGE 122

CLAIRE
                        What's the evil that came to this island?

It was Americans that initially came.
                        In the 1930s, an American military base was built on this island. They needed a base here for uneasy global affairs.
                        The base is now a complete ruin...

CLAIRE
                        They're the evil?
                        Let's check a time a little closer...

PAGE 123

In the latter half of the 1990s, the ruined military facility was purchased by a businessman.
                        A research facility was constructed and many researchers migrated there.

PAGE 124

CLAIRE
                        This... this man!!
                        Could it be...!!

PAGE 125

CLAIRE
                        Spencer...!?

PAGE 126

Oswell E. Spencer
                        Umbrella Corporation Founder

This corpse that secretly controlled Umbrella despite being a shadow...
                        But traces of his ambition still plague the world...

CLAIRE
                        This island was Spencer's research facility...
                        Matches the description here.

The research site I chose is a certain solitary island floating in the South Seas.
                        It was once a certain nation's military installation, but has been long-abandoned. Taking the researchers, equipment and several hundred test subjects, Alex went there.
                        Last edited by News Bot; 03-16-2015, 05:27 PM.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• ^^^ Interesting finds as always!

Comment

• The particular images NB translated can be found here.

Comment

• Spoiler:

Nice satisfying ending. I wouldn't be surprised if a season 2 propped up though.

Despite my own personal issues with what they did with Claire, I think they did a good job of sticking her a little more deeply into the mythology and helping her break out of the role of 'Chris' sister'. There's definitely better potential for her to be used in the future and I really appreciated the greater sense of tying it into the series. 5 and 6's plots were intertwined within the narrative and I felt it was in an organic way. I believe the president from Damnation was mentioned on the radio too.
                              Last edited by Kei_M; 03-18-2015, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• I have lost expansion bag for Baary which i picked up in episode 3....It is not in the gimmick box anymore...
                                whenever i open the box i only find topaz....what should i do?

Comment

Working...
                                X