Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone pick up Revelations 2? (*Fawkin' spoilers beware*)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished it a few minutes ago in 2 hours on pc, and it was pretty shitty. The environments are bland and overall it looked much worse than Resident Evil 4. There's nearly no variety in terms of monsters and the gameplay is simplistic.

It would have been fine on a handheld console but on pc it was borderline mediocre. I found the first game much, much better. Even the writing is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      No, TOSE is involved so it sucks.

Just kidding. REV2 has the best atmosphere since Zero, hands down. So far so good.
      Wah Wah

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
      I dunno man, I remember you didn't care for Rev1 and theres a pretty good change you wont care for this game either, I like what I'm seeing here more than REv1...but I'm pretty iffy about CAPCOM selling things on a chapter by chapter basis and all that stupid shit.

I'll wait until the whole game is out and everyone has finished it and listen to their final thoughts on the game.

Last Rev game was a lot of fun and storywise was pretty good...but it still had to much ham, didn't quite care for some of the characters and I wanted more horror and atmosphere. WhHile it was the best RE game in a decade, it still wasn't as dark or as interesting as it should have been.

..also I am irritated to see that gore is almost fully gone in the game, I mean...no exploding zombie heads? Thats what zombie heads are for!
      No gore? O_o

My main gripe, although I may have overstated it in a rather bitchy and negative manner, was the excessive and pointless chatter between characters. It really craped on the overall experience for me.

The real game breaker for me is the fact that I seem to have a bugged version of the game for the PS3, where a certain boss fight glitches, making what could have been fun into a boring situation (the boss becomes stuck at a certain point). It was at this point where I just can't even [...]

I always reserve personal judgement for until after I've tried something, but it never hurts to get an honest opinion of others. That said, I'll likely give it a go.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Playing through Raid mode and it seems there's a more vast range of enemies in the later episodes that appear in it. (Mutated pig and giant mutated pig )
        Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

Whoa, REV2 is a huge surprise. It's the scariest RE in a long time. I was shocked I was playing a RE, especially during Barry's campaign. The twists in chapter 1 are good and the cheesy/stupid story aspects of REV1 aren't here. Moira's characterization is a big downfall though. The writer really screwed up on making a semi-believable immature young woman. Natalia is a nice child character that isn't whiny or annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
            Wah Wah

No gore? O_o
            Since RE5 the series has been toning down its graphic violence, but there was always some gore to be had when you splatter enemies, that seems to have been removed in this game. Shotgun to the head= a still present head,it wouldn't bother me so much if splattering enemies hadn't been a thing since game 1.

I really don't like seeing the gore toned down like this, maybe its the nostalgia, maybe its because I don't like change, or maybe because this allows them to not have to change anything for Austalia and European titles but its all fucking weaksauce to me :/
            Last edited by Wrathborne; 02-26-2015, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Yes it is disappointing but we have already seen this before in Outbreak, Code Veronica and Dead Aim to name a few. (EDIT : And REV1 obviously. Stupid Oozes.)

That's still a shame though. The Rotten are so close to RE6 zombies that you expect their head to pop just like in RE6, but no.
              It was one of my major complaints in the demo version, and I hoped Capcom had just censored it for presentation sake but would include the feature in retail, but alas it is not the case.
              Last edited by Sly; 02-26-2015, 08:08 AM.

Comment

So far its a 8/10 game for me. Really like the exploration elements in the game. I love actually feeling like. I am playin an RE game again. Moira is annoyin as fuck tho. I gotta say I love the games blood effects, they look disgusting and gritty!

Comment

Am I missing something regarding tose? They've always made great stuff, at least from what I've played. Revelations 1 was great, with a far better story than 6, 4, and a good bit others. They've also developed great games like starfy or Valkyrie profile Lenneth.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
                    Am I missing something regarding tose? They've always made great stuff, at least from what I've played. Revelations 1 was great, with a far better story than 6, 4, and a good bit others. They've also developed great games like starfy or Valkyrie profile Lenneth.
                    They're responsible for the cheap shoddiness of Zero, Gun Survivor, CODE:Veronica, Revelations and The Mercenaries 3D. They're very much a B-team when hired for this series.

I believe they're also responsible for the models in REV1 and REV2, so you can probably blame them for the goofy looking Jill, Claire and Barry.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 02-26-2015, 08:51 AM.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot
                      I believe they're also responsible for the models in REV1 and REV2, so you can probably blame them for the goofy looking Jill, Claire and Barry.
                      Aside from Jill, I don't see what's wrong with Claire or Barry.

Claire is instantly recognizable despite what all the other idiots are saying and Barry is very faithful to his original self. I despise his remake model. He was so different from RE1 in that game. If anything, Revelations 2 brought back the Barry we all know and love.
                      Last edited by Grem; 02-26-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                        Aside from Jill, I don't see what's wrong with Claire or Barry.

Claire is instantly recognizable despite what all the other idiots are saying and Barry is very faithful to his original self. I despise his remake model. He was so different from RE1 in that game. If anything, Revelations 2 brought back the Barry we all know and love.
                        I completely agree, Barry in Rev2 actually looks closer to his real life actor's appearance from the original, it's more faithful to the original character.

Jill in Rev1 lacks realism I wasn't a fan.

Claire in Rev2 looks completely fine, these people complaining about her features are the same that think Jill, Claire and other female characters should be forever young with no faults, ultimately halting progress for female characters in the medium. The series needs to get back on the gore bandwagon, it's honestly not surprising why many people don't take the series seriously anymore outside of the hardcore fans.

Capcom now has a great chance with it's new engine, hardware and (hopefully)recent evidence of how to take the series forward.

Comment

While I agree that the 3ds model for Jill was odd, they fixed it in the console port and she looks fantastic there. And, while I agree that gun survivor and merc 3d were shoddy, zero and the rest weren't anymore shoddy than the others. Zero still holds up today visually and it is a great game overall. Code Veronica is one of the weaker entries, but it had its charm.

Comment

Anyone know who Barry Burton's voice actor is? After the cheesy epic one liners he says I think he's my new favorite character. "Time to break out the nachos" Spoiler:

Comment

There's our final boss in all likelihood, so spoilers.

Comment

Not surprised to see Alex in this game, sadly though I am not impressed by her render, her hands are too big and shes kind of looks like an evil Angela Lansbury.

I'm going to be honest, the fact that a current Resident Evil game cant exist without a Wesker being part of it is a big concern to me. We already had Jake in RE6, and he was just so...Charming.-_-

There are other avenues to explore or return to, NB has mention former Umbrella crony Christine Henri, or we could even have a new villain who has no ties to Umbrella, Spencer, Ashford, Wesker, Tricell etc.

Yes, they tried that with Saddler and it wasn't a complete success, but you know what a new villain does have that a Wesker relative, or a former Umbrella crony doesn't?

They only have themselves to live up too. While the cards are indeed stacked against them if they're poorly written and thought out(which is more often than not the case), and are a gimmicky type of character that failure falls on the writers shoulders.

I miss simple villains. Nicholai was a simple villain, but he was effective and left a good mark in the series history. Brian Irons was a simple villain, Alfred Ashford was a simple villain as well(had a lot of tools at his disposal though).

Over elaborate war lords like Saddler, Wesker, Simmons, and Lansdale just feel recycled.
                                Last edited by Wrathborne; 02-27-2015, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X