Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone pick up Revelations 2? (*Fawkin' spoilers beware*)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone pick up Revelations 2? (*Fawkin' spoilers beware*)

I just finished Claire's first chapter and I'm about half way through Barry's. I'm avoiding any more trailers because this entire chapter was basically set up of the characters and area which is what the trailers basically did so there wasn't much discovery about it so far. It took me over an hour for Claire's scenario but I'm a little slow and I had trouble during the final group of enemies.

Overall, I like it so far but it's impossible to tell if I like the game until all the chapters are out. This was just set up, I expect we have to wait for the later chapters to start really digging into the juice of the game. I didn't get too scared playing but I jumped twice. =]

The best part, however, was:
    "I was almost a Claire sandwich"
    "Ugh. Does Barry tell everyone that story?"

Claire's new voice actress does a pretty good job. She's not bad by any means but it still bums me out that it's not Court. I sometimes got confused whether Claire or Moira was the one talking which makes me roll my eyes because that was one of the reasons they claimed to recast the role.

Playing through it now, didn't realise was cross-buy so played through Claire chapter 1 on PS3, then restarted on PS4.

Barry segments so want to be The Last of Us. One cool feature on PS4, when the Overseer talks to you it uses the Dualshock 4 speaker to do it, nice little touch.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

^ Did you get US or UK store version Drac? I knew it was crossbuy on the PSN in the US, but nothing was said about the EU version.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        ^ Did you get US or UK store version Drac? I knew it was crossbuy on the PSN in the US, but nothing was said about the EU version.
        US, I wanted it a day early.

Comment

GMG has just sent my Steam Key. Anyway, I'm not going to play at least until episode 3 is released, I don't like the one week gap between episodes.
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

So raid mode looks like an epic grind. Each character needs be leveled up seperately.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
              GMG has just sent my Steam Key. Anyway, I'm not going to play at least until episode 3 is released, I don't like the one week gap between episodes.
              I was torn between waiting and not waiting. I figured since the idea of the release was to have people discussing after each episode it might be something to participate in.

Finally finished, here's my final -if not, repetitive- thoughts.
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                So raid mode looks like an epic grind. Each character needs be leveled up seperately.
                Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. That's bad news I'm afraid, levelling up 15 characters to level 50 sounds awful.

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
                I was torn between waiting and not waiting. I figured since the idea of the release was to have people discussing after each episode it might be something to participate in.
                I thought it was a good idea first, but 7 days between each chapter sounds too much, not because I can't wait, but because I feel it's quite hard to really get myself into the game that way, I'll rather go with one episode each two or three days.

Comment

Waiting 7 days isn't too bad. Think of it like waiting for a episode of the Walking Dead.

Comment

Raid mode has grinds within grinds, as already said, need level up each character seperately. On top of that skills (perks) need be leveled up, if you get one to max level, another character can use that (otherwise character unique) skill too, but it starts at level 1 again and needs be leveled up also for each character that want to use it.

It kinda stinks of some free to play design.

Also did a little co-op, whoever plays Moira/Natalia gets the short straw, their attacks suck, Natalia's attacks are really limited due to need find bricks (which break after a few uses). Basically your main job is to point at stuff either literally or with a flashlight. One benefit though is Natalia can point out the weakspots on enemies without you needing swap back and forth.
                    Last edited by Dracarys; 02-24-2015, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Is the co-op offline only for now? My boyfriend has borrowed my PS4 for a month and I wanted to go through the season week by week but alas, I am gonna get the physical version now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                        Is the co-op offline only for now? My boyfriend has borrowed my PS4 for a month and I wanted to go through the season week by week but alas, I am gonna get the physical version now.
                        Campaign is always offline only.

Raid mode will get an online patch.

I suppose using shareplay on PS4 it may be possible to play the campaign and Raid mode online, right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                          Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. That's bad news I'm afraid, levelling up 15 characters to level 50 sounds awful.
                          Actually I believe it's level 100 now.
                          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 02-24-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                            Actually I believe it's level 100 now.
                            W-W-W-W-WHAT?

Then it's even worse 15 characters X 100 levels = 1500 levels
                            No way I'm going to do that, screw achievements if they made the typical "Raise all characters to max level"

Comment

Also a note to anyone who gets the PC version. No off-line co-op support. Online Raid multi player support will be enabled the same time as everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X