Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone pick up Revelations 2? (*Fawkin' spoilers beware*)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really liking the game so far. Story and gameplay is definitely miles ahead of REV 1. I like how there are actually a lot of tense moments in the game. The first enemy ambush, the siege part with the flamethrower,
    and the Revenants chasing you down were a lot more tense than what 5/6/REV1 ever threw at you. People can say what they want about the game, but I think we're gonna be getting a lot of bang for our buck with the the $25 price tag.
    I just really wish they get around to patching the PC version. The stuttering can get pretty horrendous.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

I do agree that the last ambush in Claire's section was both tense and surprisingly very challenging! I ended it with zero bullets in each gun. I don't recall any great moments like that in RE6.

Comment

That's because you almost always never run out of ammo in the older games. Having a bunch of raving mutant cannibals running towards you with pickaxes and machetes seems a lot scarier to me than getting mobbed by zombies/ganados.
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
          Simple: A complete nobody who's mentioned in some files of RE5's DLC Lost in Nightmare as the only other Wesker child alive, she had found immortality and ditched everyone.
          Alex is mentioned in BIO5's normal story. You might as well call every character in the series a "complete nobody" because they all have to appear at some point.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
          I just really wish they get around to patching the PC version. The stuttering can get pretty horrendous.
          They did patch it... and made it even worse.
          Last edited by News Bot; 02-28-2015, 08:55 AM.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Spoiler:
            Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2015, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
              Oh, I'm sorry. Should I call her "Complete nobody until 3 days ago?"
              That would be more accurate.
              So was Spencer a complete nobody until BIO5?

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah nobody would care apart from practically the whole community who have been wanting to know about Alex for the last 6 years. Alex and Ada are the only two major plot points left, and it looks like capcom are to address one of them here.
                  "I've got 100 cows."
                  "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Alex did shit too. Did Carlos do shit? Or Billy? Ark? Bruce? Fong Ling? They were unheard of before their actual appearance, whereas Alex was at least known beforehand. Surely they're true "complete nobodies" going by your logic.

Plenty of people gave a shit about Alex from BIO5's files. Just as people care about other characters mentioned in files, like Christine Henry and, until BIO5, Spencer.

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

I see Henry mentioned all the time on even GameFAQs. Not only that, but she was brought up again fairly recently in Darkside Chronicles and Archives II... so clearly the writers are still fully aware of her.

So Spencer was a nobody then, thanks for proving my point.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

No, I've seen her mentioned many times over the years, since before BIO5 was even released. Christine Henry is the executive who stole the G-Virus, pretty important considering that event is the crux of BIO2's plot.

Spencer isn't mentioned in any game or files until CODE:Veronica/Gun Survivor. He's first mentioned in the scrapped Trevor's Letters, a Japanese book and BIO1's Japanese guides. So once again going by your logic, he was an even bigger nobody than Alex!
                            Last edited by News Bot; 02-28-2015, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Monica probably would've been, yeah. But she didn't steal it, so your argument has crumbled before it even started.

You never know Spencer as the founder of Umbrella or discoverer of the Progenitor Virus until the fourth game (CV/GS). He also never caused Raccoon City's destruction, that was the Queen Leech. Again... going purely by your logic here. You're contradicting and undermining yourself. Alex is directly responsible for Spencer's death, which makes them pretty important right away.

EDIT: She sent HUNK to get the virus. He delivered it straight to her in Loire Village, which was the location of her chateau and secret laboratory (which Birkin's laboratory was based on, and where he and Annette first developed G). So yes, she got the virus. She shared it with Umbrella.
                                Last edited by News Bot; 02-28-2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X