Revelations 2 PC Cutscenes - Audio Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revelations 2 PC Cutscenes - Audio Issue

This is as good a place as any. I'm trying to encode the cutscenes from the PC version of REV2. While the scenes themselves are easy to find in the game's directory, the audio is presenting an issue. With every other previous title, the audio is in .OGG format within the .SNGW container. Previously, simply renaming the files to .OGG made them easy to listen to and use, but REV2 seems to use a completely different codec. Without knowing what it is, I can't play the files in anything and thus, can't mux the cutscenes.

Anyone able to help?
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    This is as good a place as any. I'm trying to encode the cutscenes from the PC version of REV2. While the scenes themselves are easy to find in the game's directory, the audio is presenting an issue. With every other previous title, the audio is in .OGG format within the .SNGW container. Previously, simply renaming the files to .OGG made them easy to listen to and use, but REV2 seems to use a completely different codec. Without knowing what it is, I can't play the files in anything and thus, can't mux the cutscenes.

Anyone able to help?
    For this and any future encounters with any type of unknown audio, I'd highly suggest asking here: HCS Forum

If it's a new (unknown) audio type, they'll be glad to know about it and just as happy to support it in vgmstream. Otherwise, I'm sure that someone will know how to properly playback the audio.

Good luck!
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Thanks, made a post there.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
      X