The many stupidities of Revelations 2 [*WARNING, SPOILERS*]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The many stupidities of Revelations 2 [*WARNING, SPOILERS*]

OK, So I've made this thread to point out several parts of horrendous writing created by the staff of this thing.

Fear triggers what again?
    The T-Phobos virus is said to be triggered through "fear." Now, what is fear?
    Well, according to the dictionary:
    "a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc."

With that said, the game tries to fool everyone into thinking the "fear" the characters experience is actually "anxiety."
    Actually, no one in the game (except for Pedro) actually "feels fear" unless the plot demands for it.
    Characters only feel it when they're about to die. That is, Moira, Gabe, and even Alex herself.

Maybe our Japanese friends could've made this a little less silly by stating the virus triggers upon "fear of imminent death" rather than just "fear."

"Oh Goooood, I got hit by giant falling rooooooocks, I'm dyyyyyiiiiinnngggg... No wait, I'm fine!"

OK, so Moira gets hit by a bunch of falling debris, and is later all fine, walking and hunting like nothing has ever happened.
    It's incredible how her voice-acting during the actual cutscene sounds like she's dying, and the very next moment she awakes, it's not.
    She explains in her narration that "the old guy patched her up", the only patches you can see in her model is on her left leg:

The rest is just scratches and tiny scars.
    Damn, that's a heck of a patch up.

Speaking of, how did the old guy get up to the exploding tower in the first place and rescued her?
    Seems a lot unlikely to me.

Love is in the air!

OK, so during Chapter 2 and 3, Claire must've been the most dumb main character on this game.
    Neil spends Chapter 2 giving clear hints that he's a traitor, starting from his bracelet, the fact he doesn't want to lead the characters to the tower, his determination on "staying behind" and surviving every time, writing a letter that lures Claire and Moira to a trap. The list goes on.
    Yet, on Chapter 3, we have Moira getting suspicious of Neil from the beginning they've got the letter, yet Claire seems to believe and trust him completely, despite all evidence he had just tried to murder her.
    Then, we have this:

"He's not my boyfriend!"
    -His braceled never changed colors!
    -No way! His bracelet changed, OK? End of discussion!"
    "-Are you crying? -No, *wimps*, just seeing things more clearly. *wimps*"
    "Neil, where did we go wrong?!"

Seriously, what was that?
    Trying to pair Neil and Claire up at the last minute of Chapter 3?
    These writers must be really lazy.

"A virus has saved my butt and brain!"

OK, so in Chapter 4, Alex shoots herself in the head, and is seemingly killed.
    Despite the fact it is stated that the virus saved her, this is completely dumb.

She shot herself in the head, how does she have (part of) her sanity, when she has blown every bit of neuron she had left? If she came back as a mindless monster, I'd find it believable.
    Some people might try to justify the above with the virus being super effective, yeah. But in files, it is stated that if the bracelet of someone goes to red, shoot them immediately before it begins to take effect. How is Alex an exception? She felt "fear" a milisecond before pulling the trigger and the virus immediately gave protection to her brain? WTF?
    But again, I'm not surprised. The "virus" excuse is used since Wesker #1.

So many missed opportunities

OK, so when Alex had mutated and realized she was alive, she has tried every sort of thing to kill Natalia and prevent Alex #2 from awakening.
    Problem is: She's a dumbass.

Her first reaction to it was to spend 6 months doing nothing but spreading the Uroboros throughout the island and hoping it to kill Natalia.
    Why??? She knew where Natalia was, she knew the transfer needed 6 months to stabilize, why did she spend 6 months doing nothing about it?

"So, you finally came!"
    Yeah, because you were too lazy to search in the place you designed for me, you dumb fuck.

Oh, and after said 6 months, she does try to kill Natalia with her bare hands, but after realizing that if she harmed Natalia enough, Alex #2 would awake.
    You might think she would've developed some nasty plan to knock Natalia out or something, remove her brain, or even kill her so fast she won't have a chance to awake would be the best choice for Alex, the genius?
    No, she comes with something so smart and perfect no villain in Resident Evil has ever done before: She infects herself with Uroboros, just so she can "destroy" Natalia!
    And by "destroying", you'd think she would do something else than trying to crush her with her bare hands? Because that worked so well last time, right Alex?
    No, Alex goes for it in the exact same way she tried the first time.

Bravo, Alex. You really are the "brightest of the Wesker Children!"
    I would've never thought that trying to do something that didn't work before could fail so well, but now I do, thanks to you.

Backup? What Backup?

OK, so Barry comes into a monster-infested island. Knowing very well his daughter might've died in there, and saw what it caused to Claire herself.
    Yet, he decides to go alone with a bunch of weapons and nothing else.

By the end of the game, Claire joins the party with a helicopter, giving start to a long boss battle.
    Now, at the end of the boss battle, Barry tells Claire to "use the large weapons", that is, Rocket Launchers.
    Turns out the helicopter had a bunch of those, but they've decided to let Barry stay down there, at the risk of his own life, shooting like an idiot at Alex, and only use the large weapons after a long wait. Fuckin' brilliant!

Then, after all of them are flying away in the helicopter, a bunch of jets fly by and Barry finishes with:
    "Yeah, let's let these guys clean that place up?"

WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL FOR BACKUP IN THE FIRST PLACE???
    Was it really necessary to be running around the island, toying with monster Alex like that?
    Kudos for you, Barry and Claire. You have now earned the "Wesker complex" achievement.

Well, that's about it.
    If you also have a Revelations 2 stupidity you might wanna add to this list, feel free to do it. ;)
    Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2015, 05:38 AM.

Idiotic thread is idiotic. I guess it comes as no surprise judging who started it...
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
      Idiotic thread is idiotic. I guess it comes as no surprise judging who started it...
      Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2015, 05:38 AM.

Comment

So, you created that thread finally eh? Question, why should any of us take your opinions about reality clashing with fantasy seriously?

Especially from a series famous for beating up boulders, characters surviving ear rupturing explosions and not going deaf, the dead rising(well, dead-ish) from a virus, and most importantly who is leaving around all these conveniently placed bullets and other ammo for us to use?

I have no idea why you're even here other than to bitch about RE? I mean hell, ALL of us bitch about RE, but we bitch about it not being what it was almost 20 years ago, or story choices that ruined the series, or character histories etc. The series isn't perfect, in fact from 2005-2012 is turned to absolute dog shit in my opinion.

What the fucking hell do you want from us you lunatic? No one is saying that this game has to be as close to reality as possible, because reality is the whole reason we need fantasy.
        Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-16-2015, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          So, you created that thread finally eh? Question, why should any of us take your opinions about reality clashing with fantasy seriously?

Especially from a series famous for beating up boulders, characters surviving ear rupturing explosions and not going deaf, the dead rising(well, dead-ish) from a virus, and most importantly who is leaving around all these well places bullets and other ammo for players to use?
          Because this forum is free for anyone to voice their opinions, and if someone can discuss Wesker's bad writing or even some crack theory about Jake being Steve, why can't I make a "stupid" thread then?
          You're free to disagree with me, it's not like what I say here is the absolute truth.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2015, 05:39 AM.

Comment

What you have to say here makes as much sense as a dog buttfucking a camel so it can be the proud parent of a litter of kittens.

We're all aware of the silly shit in the series that makes little sense, if its based off tropes or cliches we cringe just as much as you do. But these silly plot devices aren't anything new or special, this is a game and it doesn't have to be realistic. It just has to follow the logic it itself creates.

Comment

What you have to say here makes as much sense as a dog buttfucking a camel so it can be the proud parent of a litter of kittens.

We're all aware of the silly shit in the series that makes little sense, if its based off tropes or cliches we cringe just as much as you do. But these silly plot devices aren't anything new or special, this is a game and it doesn't have to be realistic. It just has to follow the logic it itself creates.
              Its logic is dumb.
              Alex is said to be the "brightest" of the Wesker children, yet the game shows she makes only questionable decisions.
              I can't buy it.

Comment

Then thats the writers fault, I'm not going to defend him/her about the choice they made for the story. I don't think anyone else is either.

Comment

Then thats the writers fault, I'm not going to defend him/her about the choice they made for the story. I don't think anyone else is either.
                  Congratulations for saying exactly what I've said at the beginning of the post.
                  What should I judge her by, the files from RE5? Or the way they've written her on the game?

That means I shouldn't judge Barry from the writing on RE1, even though he's now canon as a cool old-guy joker?

Comment

I feel the biggest fault is Capcom is having trouble with coming up with anything both original and creative so they use mostly past stuff to play with our nostalgia. Though the story is pretty good in this game its mostly stuff used from previous games (Betrayal, Barry looking for his daughter like Chris looking for Claire, etc.) Natalia is pretty new and people like her but again, many would argue she was copied from Last of Us.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      I feel the biggest fault is Capcom is having trouble with coming up with anything both original and creative so they use mostly past stuff to play with our nostalgia. Though the story is pretty good in this game its mostly stuff used from previous games (Betrayal, Barry looking for his daughter like Chris looking for Claire, etc.) Natalia is pretty new and people like her but again, many would argue she was copied from Last of Us.
                      Don't forget The Evil Within.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2015, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Bottom line: Rev2 is a good game but they burrowed a ton from their own source material and possibly from other games.

Comment

Afflicted are very much taken from the 'Evil Within' zombies(to the teams credit, they act and react differently), the Natalia and Barry scenarios are from 'last of us', Iron Head monster looks like 'Pyramid head .jr' and so much of the game is based off nostalgia and easter eggs. :/

Comment

Capcom made a very unoriginal game which tbh when we are 20+ games into the franchise its very hard to be original anymore. Yet at the same time its very fun to play and fans don't want originality for the most part they just want the series to be back to its former glory and since this game is the closest its come in a good while they aren't really mad that it copies both its own franchise and others.

Comment

I think theres still some originality to be had...but originality doesn't always sell copies :/

Comment

Working...
                              X