No announcement yet.

The many stupidities of Revelations 2 [*WARNING, SPOILERS*]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure REV2 borrows elements from The Last Of Us, The Evil Within, Alan Wake and Silent Hill and combinated them greatly into an amamazing gameplay that's as close to the old RE style as possible. Sure graphics ain't that nice, but it's a budget tittle so it gets free pass for that. Story is good, characters great. Of course no game is without flaws and REV2 ain't different, but for what is worth this game is the best RE game since REmake.
    Spoiler:

Comment

^^^ It won't be a budget title any longer once Season 2 is released XD

Comment

I don't believe season two is a thing. Modders only found a dummy files. Same thing happened with Outbreak file 2.
        Spoiler:

Comment

The whole argument about RE taking ideas from other games does have some merit behind it, but let's not kid ourselves here. Resident Evil has explored many of the same concepts as these other games through it's long life time.

I loved the Last of Us but I have to be honest with my opinion and say, RE4 from a gameplay stand point is far superior then it on many many levels.

But TLOU is the latest industry love child and even in the media somehow story and characters has taken a front row seat to gameplay and this is how The Walking Dead has...somehow been seen as a great video game when in reality it's gameplay and replay value is very limited.

Comment

Pretty much nothing here holds any merit as a valid complaint.

Only Moira's leg was actually caught by the rocks. She was just trapped under the rest rather than hurt. She goes into shock from her leg wound and falls unconscious.

Fear triggers what again?
            The T-Phobos virus is said to be triggered through "fear." Now, what is fear?
            Well, according to the dictionary:
            "a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc."

With that said, the game tries to fool everyone into thinking the "fear" the characters experience is actually "anxiety."
            Actually, no one in the game (except for Pedro) actually "feels fear" unless the plot demands for it.
            Characters only feel it when they're about to die. That is, Moira, Gabe, and even Alex herself.

Maybe our Japanese friends could've made this a little less silly by stating the virus triggers upon "fear of imminent death" rather than just "fear."
            The virus reacts to the secretion of adrenaline and norepinephrine. It reacts to both fear and anxiety, which are very similar conditions. So "our Japanese friends" did make this clear.

Love is in the air!

OK, so during Chapter 2 and 3, Claire must've been the most dumb main character on this game.
            Neil spends Chapter 2 giving clear hints that he's a traitor, starting from his bracelet, the fact he doesn't want to lead the characters to the tower, his determination on "staying behind" and surviving every time, writing a letter that lures Claire and Moira to a trap. The list goes on.
            Yet, on Chapter 3, we have Moira getting suspicious of Neil from the beginning they've got the letter, yet Claire seems to believe and trust him completely, despite all evidence he had just tried to murder her.
            Then, we have this:

"He's not my boyfriend!"
            -His braceled never changed colors!
            -No way! His bracelet changed, OK? End of discussion!"
            "-Are you crying? -No, *wimps*, just seeing things more clearly. *wimps*"
            "Neil, where did we go wrong?!"

Seriously, what was that?
            Trying to pair Neil and Claire up at the last minute of Chapter 3?
            These writers must be really lazy.
            None of this is in the Japanese version. Complain about CAPCOM's English staff, not the writers.

OK, so in Chapter 4, Alex shoots herself in the head, and is seemingly killed.
            Despite the fact it is stated that the virus saved her, this is completely dumb.

She shot herself in the head, how does she have (part of) her sanity, when she has blown every bit of neuron she had left? If she came back as a mindless monster, I'd find it believable.
            Some people might try to justify the above with the virus being super effective, yeah. But in files, it is stated that if the bracelet of someone goes to red, shoot them immediately before it begins to take effect. How is Alex an exception? She felt "fear" a milisecond before pulling the trigger and the virus immediately gave protection to her brain? WTF?
            But again, I'm not surprised. The "virus" excuse is used since Wesker #1.
            Brad Vickers was also revived despite being stabbed through the head. Certain viruses are strong enough to rebuild the brain to an extent just like any other body part. t-Phobos only activates in response to the adrenal and norepinephrine levels during fear and anxiety. Alex experienced a sudden rush of them as she prepared to shoot herself, since they're primarily subconscious reactions. It's the exact same effect that allows Zombies to "revive", only stronger. Your literally complaining about the main thing that makes the series possible. The file does indeed say to shoot someone with a red bracelet but it's not as simple as that. Also, Alex also had the "Wesker Virus" in her body, though whether it was a factor in her revival is unknown. She does say the "viruses" helped her survive in the English file.

The BSAA stopped searching for Moira after a while, since she was reported dead and they couldn't find the island, like with Jill. Barry continued looking for her alone and left as soon as he found the island. He was on an isolated island, he had no contact with the outside world. Claire used her and Chris' influence in the BSAA to lead them to the island after picking up on Barry's GPS or something. These sort of "problems" are only an issue because they're not explained outright, but the explanations are straightforward and simple.

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
            Congratulations for saying exactly what I've said at the beginning of the post.
            What should I judge her by, the files from RE5? Or the way they've written her on the game?

That means I shouldn't judge Barry from the writing on RE1, even though he's now canon as a cool old-guy joker?
            Except no English version of any single game in the series is canon. Why do you assume REV2 is? The personalities and characterizations of almost every character in the game are completely different between the English and Japanese script, including Barry. The only BIO1 lines referenced in the Japanese version of REV2 are ones he said in the Japanese version of BIO1.

Alex is fine. She created the Revenants to kill Natalia because she couldn't cover the whole island on her own. Natalia doesn't wake up right next to her and the inside of the tower had collapsed, so there was no way for Alex to reach her. Alex was more focused on trying to salvage her rotting body, as evidenced by the self-made stitches and using an oxygen mask. She injected herself with Uroboros to override her fear of awakening her other self by going full berserker. She's not as "smart" because the virus left her mentally damaged.
            Last edited by News Bot; 03-16-2015, 06:53 AM.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

You're a braver man than I answering this guys questions, next he's going to complain that the game isn't real because theres no such thing as F-Aid spray in real life

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                You're a braver man than I answering this guys questions, next he's going to complain that the game isn't real because theres no such thing as F-Aid spray in real life
                HAHAAHHA Okay that made me chuckle. I swear this guy is the second coming of AlinhoAllison.... Anyone remember him? He did however develop a phenominal game known as Resident Evil RPG.

Comment

OP is spot on, everything within it is a grat example of plot holes, idiot plot and straight up errors.

Comments like this.

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                  Idiotic thread is idiotic. I guess it comes as no surprise judging who started it...
                  Are what is idiotic.

...but hey, it's someone you don't like so fuck trying to make some sort of counter argument, just call people idiots. Yeah, now you're right! Because internet.

FUcking hell, it isn't a lot of work to not be a shitty human being.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                    OP is spot on, everything within it is a grat example of plot holes, idiot plot and straight up errors.

Comments like this.

Are what is idiotic.

...but hey, it's someone you don't like so fuck trying to make some sort of counter argument, just call people idiots. Yeah, now you're right! Because internet.

So much hypocrisy in this post I don't know where to begin.

There are no errors in this game (except in the English version, as usual). There are aspects of the story that are simply not mentioned and thus make other points confusing, which occurred in REV1 too and also every single game in the series. But that's not a fault of the writing, it's a design fault. The series has never been able to fit a complete scenario into any game, largely due to time or budget constraints.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 03-18-2015, 06:42 AM.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post

Comments like this.

Are what is idiotic.

The OP has been spamming the hell out of the forums lately with general negativity, and people are just getting tired of it.

This wouldn't even be an issue if we had some dedicated moderators, again...
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I wonder what crawled up their arse and died?

Comment

I think this did.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Morbid+for+creepy+crawler+haters+tags+are+a+lie_e75f1f_3930273.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	403916

Comment

That or the entire centipede boss from Resident Evil Zero......

Comment

I will agree about Moira... she literally should be dead. I mean no human could survive that... With only a few scratches... It's a giant plot hole but meh.

Comment

Chris and sheva should've died from heat exposure alone in the volcano from 5.
                                You'd be surprised how resilient the human body can be.

Comment

Working...
                                X