BIOHAZARD Heavenly Island - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOHAZARD Heavenly Island - Discussion Thread

I've started translating this manga and so far it looks like a much better story than Marhawa Desire, if you can get past the "Survival Idol" nonsense that is so Japanese it hurts. It is set on the island mentioned in Lost in Nightmares where Spencer sent Alex. Here's some of the more interesting parts so far:

CLAIRE
    That Tortuga Island has a probable biological hazard...

CLAIRE REDFIELD
    She's survived biohazards many times starting with the Raccoon Incident. From her experience, she's been active in an organization that rescues victims of bioterrorism

INEZ
    Have you found anything? Claire...

CLAIRE
    Look at this fish's deformations Inez...
    Seems it seriously injured the fishermen...

INEZ
    Phew, wouldn't eat that sashimi... That's a virus' effect...

CLAIRE
    This barracuda species lives only in the adjacent waters
    ...Along with another bit of info, it's possible that island is the source of the infection

(INFO BOX)
    The t-Virus biological weapon was the cause of Raccoon City's demise
    It's now been used for bioterrorism in various conflicts

CLAIRE
    Move!

INEZ
    Roger. Leave it to me

CLAIRE
    Marilou should come pick you up... Listen to her talk in-between first and...

INEZ (NARRATION)
    Marilou was in the high school where me and Claire lectured on the threat of bioterrorism...
    And we've been friends with her since...

CLAIRE
    I'll try to get info on this fish...
    That island's only several kilos across the sea from this island... I'll race to you right away if you need anything
    Conejo Square
    Museum

CLAIRE
    A historiography on the island...
    What's the evil that came to this island?

(BOOK)
    It was Americans that initially came.
    In the 1930s, an American military base was built on this island. They needed a base here for uneasy global affairs.
    The base is now a complete ruin...

CLAIRE
    They're the evil?
    Let's check a time a little closer...

(BOOK)
    In the latter half of the 1990s, the ruined military facility was purchased by a businessman.
    A research facility was constructed and many researchers migrated there.

CLAIRE
    This... this man!!
    Could it be...!!

CLAIRE
    Spencer...!?

(INFO BOX)
    Oswell E. Spencer
    Umbrella Corporation Founder
    This corpse that secretly controlled Umbrella despite being a shadow...
    But traces of his ambition still plague the world...

CLAIRE
    This island was Spencer's research facility...
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Interesting so far even tho I am confused where this fits in the timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
      Interesting so far even tho I am confused where this fits in the timeline.
      After RE5 before RE Revelations 2.
      Spoiler:

Comment

Is anyone still following this?
        I've just been able to go by the scanlations but, after buying Marhawa Desire in full, I'm a really big fan of these manga. They are quick reads and I'm really digging the mystery and tension. The entire beach massacre scene was honorific and perfect!

Comment

I've been following it as much as I've been able to. As Paul said, if you pass the "Survival Idol" reality nonesense, you'll find a very interesting manga so far. It knows how to build the suspense. Only thing I hope is they don't drop the ball at the end. Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:
          Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 02-12-2016, 02:51 AM.

Comment

In France, we are lucky to have these books translated in French, albeit with a 4 months delay.
            Brown has been translated as Braun (it means brown in German) : maybe the translator thought that a black man named Brown was too cliché, haha.
            Julie has been translated as Zili, which admittedly does not make much sense. But hey, at least we have them.

Comment

Cheers Ridley. That looks like Stuart in that picture with Alex. What is Claire's reaction to seeing her? That should offer some clue as to whether this is set pre or post Revelations 2.
              "I've got 100 cows."
              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

A few thoughts following Ridley's spoilers :

Spoiler:
                Last edited by Grem; 02-12-2016, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                  In France, we are lucky to have these books translated in French, albeit with a 4 months delay.
                  Brown has been translated as Braun (it means brown in German) : maybe the translator thought that a black man named Brown was too cliché, haha.
                  Julie has been translated as Zili, which admittedly does not make much sense. But hey, at least we have them.
                  It's because ジューリー has a similar pronunciation in japanese to Julie or Zili. The correct one is Julie tough.

@TheBatman, those are the last two pages of the latest issue and that's all she says. It's a cliffhanger ending of sorts, we'll know better next week. But I think it's post-REV2, Brown's background seem to imply it's 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
                    It's because ジューリー has a similar pronunciation in japanese to Julie or Zili. The correct one is Julie tough.

@TheBatman, those are the last two pages of the latest issue and that's all she says. It's a cliffhanger ending of sorts, we'll know better next week. But I think it's post-REV2, Brown's background seem to imply it's 2014.
                    Interesting. Perhaps this new pharmaceutical company does have a role to play in Umbrella Corps then. DC Douglas has confirmed the game will at least have some backstory.

What number is the latest issue? 19 or 29?
                    "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatman
                      DC Douglas has confirmed the game will at least have some backstory.
                      ?? Pardon my ignorance but what DC Douglas has to do with Umbrella Corps ?

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                        ?? Pardon my ignorance but what DC Douglas has to do with Umbrella Corps ?
                        He voices many of the soldiers in the game and Wesker as well. If you watch the second trailer you can clearly hear Wesker's voice at the very end.

Plus he has been dropping hints on Facebook and Twitter that there is more to this game than.meets the eye. I'm not saying there's a full blown narrative, but I don't think it's as story barren as originally made out.
                        "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                          Cheers Ridley. That looks like Stuart in that picture with Alex. What is Claire's reaction to seeing her? That should offer some clue as to whether this is set pre or post Revelations 2.
                          Claire says "I know this woman... this is Alex Wesker." It's post-REV2 for certain. UC's official website also makes it clear that there's quite a bit of story to the game, since it has now answered two lingering questions from BIO4 and BIO5 and even sets up a new plot point with TRICELL being attacked with bioweapons. That attack was likely engineered by Shényā Pharmaceutical assuming that's the only company involved in UC's story. Maybe to steal the Umbrella Archive, t-Veronica, G, etc?

I'm pretty excited for UC's story input. What's released so far is good world-building. If Albert Wesker is involved also, that opens up a lot of potential. The new company is also Chinese, so Ada's involvement isn't impossible, though unlikely they'd go that far.

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                          It is necessary because their involvement in the first Révélations haven't been explained fully.
                          It's been explained already, just not to English players because of CAPCOM's ineffectual localization team.
                          Last edited by News Bot; 02-13-2016, 06:51 AM.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            Claire says "I know this woman... this is Alex Wesker." It's post-REV2 for certain. UC's official website also makes it clear that there's quite a bit of story to the game, since it has now answered two lingering questions from BIO4 and BIO5 and even sets up a new plot point with TRICELL being attacked with bioweapons. That attack was likely engineered by Shényā Pharmaceutical assuming that's the only company involved in UC's story. Maybe to steal the Umbrella Archive, t-Veronica, G, etc?

I'm pretty excited for UC's story input. What's released so far is good world-building. If Albert Wesker is involved also, that opens up a lot of potential. The new company is also Chinese, so Ada's involvement isn't impossible, though unlikely they'd go that far.
                            Post Rev2 is an interesting decision, and where there's Parker there could also be Jessica and/or Raymond - now perhaps working for Shényā.

I'm hoping Wesker's involvement kind of implies the events of Umbrella Corps run from 2003 right through until 2015, rather than all being set in the present day. Maybe we'll finally get a name for the infamous rival company.
                            "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot
                              It's been explained already, just not to English players because of CAPCOM's ineffectual localization team.
                              Well, sort of, not really. We know for a fact that they are working for Tricell in 2005 but nothing suggests that they were Tricell agents during Terragrigia or before that.
                              And their motivations remain unclear. When the report to Excella is finished, Jessica says to herself "as long as there are people taking advantages of the viruses/B.O.Ws, our fight isn't over" or something along those lines. It suggests that she may be against bioterrorists and corporations who use B.O.Ws. So she may very well be a spy inside Tricell. Unless that part of the report I mention is again a screw up of the localization team ?

The Batman : Okay, thank you. I didn't pay attention to this game, to be honest. What the hell is Wesker doing in Umbrella Corps ? I thought this game was set in 2015 ? Enough of Wesker everywhere.
                              Last edited by Grem; 02-13-2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X