Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Interviewing Yasuhiro Anpo (REV2 Director)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REV 2 has no graphic violence. No splattering zombies or afflicted all over the screen, no gruesome death scenes like the hunters head swipe. I think the most violent part of the game is Alex getting hit by a rocket.

The closest gore that exists are the revnants getting bits blasted off them to reveal the weak spot, and in Raid mode the RE6 monsters who split themselves into pieces to attack you. Its strange how sanitized everything has become in the series.
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 04-07-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
      It began after RE4 I thought? RE4 was... extremely gruesome. XD But when have decapitations come back? Are they in REV2? Because I haven't seen any.
      Was it? I've only played the launch Gamecube version through once and all I remember was exploding heads and Leon having his head cut off by the chainsaw matey which covers what I said about decapitations. I assume there must be more gruesome deaths then that I missed since I really didn't die much at all in that game, was easy with all the guns and villagers, with only pitchforks, dropping pistol/shotgun/SMG/rifle ammo upon death....

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
        Was it? I've only played the launch Gamecube version through once and all I remember was exploding heads and Leon having his head cut off by the chainsaw matey which covers what I said about decapitations. I assume there must be more gruesome deaths then that I missed since I really didn't die much at all in that game, was easy with all the guns and villagers, with only pitchforks, dropping pistol/shotgun/SMG/rifle ammo upon death....
        The Novistadors (invisibugs) can melt off Leon's face with stomach acid and you see all of it, for starters. U3 (the big guy Leon fights in those containers in the caves under Saddler's throne) can completely chop Leon in half at the hip and dangle his legs in its grasp. In fact, all the way back in middle school I remember watching a death compilation for RE4 that was like seven minutes long showing all the ways to die. I recommend watching it to see how violent the game can be.

Comment

I think you guys will find that the only censored BIO games are those developed by TOSE or other third parties (Nextech, Cavia). I don't know if this is just a coincidence or not. BIO6 had a fair amount of gore.
          Last edited by News Bot; 04-07-2015, 03:21 PM.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I want to see severed limbs and decapitated heads. That's one thing that made the original series so awesome.

Comment

Zombies stopped breaking into pieces after RE2; in RE3, 4 and 5 all you can do is blowing their heads. I've only seen player decapitations in RE and RE4. 5 and 6 censored gruesome player deaths them and RE2 and 3 (at least the versions I've played) have player decapitations censored too.

Censorship is nothing new, only RE4 has no censorship at all and the most "enjoyable" player deaths. Still, I prefer a good game with censored deaths over a poor game with astonishing deaths.
              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I remember RE4 being very slightly censored in Japan on GC but if I remember right they put the decapitation back in on the Wii version.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                  Zombies stopped breaking into pieces after RE2; in RE3, 4 and 5 all you can do is blowing their heads.
                  Shoot a red barrel besides a bunch of Zombies in RE3, tops anything before or since.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    I think you guys will find that the only censored BIO games are those developed by TOSE or other third parties (Nextech, Cavia).
                    Didn't TOSE have a hand in Zero's development ? The game had the best zombie decap "after effect" of all time : you could actually see the blood pour from the neck, unlike REmake in which you had the typical pool of blood under a corpse, even if decapitated.
                    Though it is true that Cavia's Dead Aim was censored "ala CV" (head explodes but still in one piece), the Chronicles games were not, fortunately.

Comment

I've received the answers. I have to say, I'm very disappointed. Anpo speculated on almost all of them. Will post tomorrow, as I have work.

Comment

Found time to get the interview up! http://projectumbrella.net/articles/...oject-Umbrella

Like I said, disappointing. Anpo is mainly speculative and is simply wrong in some parts.

Comment

To be fair, Anpo is not the scriptwriter so he must have forgotten some details.

I don't find the answers that bad. I mean, maybe you're reading too much into the story. REV2 story was clearly filled with plotholes and it's quite possible that even the scriptwriters didn't put that much thought into such details, you know.

For me, the only thing that lacked clarity was Neil's plan, but unfortunately Anpo didn't answer.
                          Last edited by Grem; 04-16-2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Maybe he chose not to answer because it bay be a spoiler for a future project. Only logical answer other than he doesn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                              To be fair, Anpo is not the scriptwriter so he must have forgotten some details.

I don't find the answers that bad. I mean, maybe you're reading too much into the story. REV2 story was clearly filled with plotholes and it's quite possible that even the scriptwriters didn't put that much thought into such details, you know.

For me, the only thing that lacked clarity was Neil's plan, but unfortunately Anpo didn't answer.
                              REV2's story doesn't have any plot holes. The problem is that certain parts lack information, but that's been the case since 1996. His answer about Neil's mutation is terrible, as it contradicts the living hell out of BIO5.
                              Last edited by News Bot; 04-16-2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Underwhelming indeed. If Claire was just floating in the sea then she couldn't have strayed too far from the island, meaning that it should have been found much earlier.
                                Seriously what did the BSAA do during those 6 months ? They had a radio signal and a survivor found nearby, it should not take 6 long months to find the island and go investigate. I don't buy it. It's like they just didn't bother until Barry decided to go see for himself.

No word about Neil's bracelet either, that's a shame. We'll never know if it's fake or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X