Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Interviewing Yasuhiro Anpo (REV2 Director)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Interviewing Yasuhiro Anpo (REV2 Director)

Ten questions. Submit them!
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

In regards to Alex Wesker, can we expect her to take up the role of Albert as one of the main antagonists or is she just going to be relegated to the Revelations sub series?

If you were given the chance, would you explore Rebecca chambers and how she went through life in a revelations 3 since we got some spotlight on Barry, who also was ignored for several years?

Comment

Yasuhiro Anpo has taken part in various projects at Capcom, specially on the Resident Evil franchise. Starting as a programmer of the first Resident Evil, he continued in this position on Resident Evil 2. Years later, Anpo became one of the head producers of Resident Evil 5, and now he takes the director’s seat on Resident Evil: Revelations 2. In our exclusive interview, he told us some of the game secrets, and gave us some clues of what lies ahead […]

Try not to ask the same questions than in this interview. It's an interesting read, but alas, Anpo is being vague on some of his answers.

Spoiler:

Comment

If Spoiler:
        is to become another major villain in the Spoiler:
        saga, would she be relegated to the Revelations series or would she make her way into the main series as the main villain?

Comment

Why does the graphic violence in the series keep getting toned down?

Comment

- When Barry get his hand on the Moira's distress call?
            - Are there any plans for the story DLC?
            - Is Revelations 2 succesc for Capcom? If yes, Okabe hinted at a possibility Rev series may become annual. Any comments on that?
            Spoiler:

Comment

Questions sent.

1. How was Claire found after jumping into the ocean from the tower?

2. When and how did Barry obtain Moira’s distress call?

3. Is Claire still infected with t-Phobos after the ending? There was no vaccine in the game, t-Phobos has a very low antibody rate, and Claire never "overcomes" fear since her bracelet never goes above orange.

4. Alex coughs during a scene in the game. Was this a hint that she was dying? If so, why was she dying?

5. Alex was injected with the same virus as Albert and the other Wesker Children. However, she isn't superhuman and didn't die like the other Weskers. Why is that?

6. Neil Fisher's mutation is very different from Uroboros infectees in BIO5. Was his mutation influenced by t-Phobos, like Alex in the final battle? (If so, why is his bracelet always green?)

7. Why did Neil want to revive the FBC when the BSAA is now an even larger and stronger organization?

8. In the bad ending, Natalia displays incredible strength and glowing red eyes. Is she a t-Phobos adapter able to become superhuman, like how Albert Wesker became superhuman after adapting to the variant virus in BIO1? If so, can Moira also become superhuman since she overcame fear like Natalia?

9. When was the painting with Albert and Alex drawn and how did they know each other? Alex seems to have romantic feelings for him, as well as viewing him as a brother and an equal, an oddly close relationship that parallels Gregor/Grete in Kafka's The Metamorphosis, as well as Jupiter/Juno in Greek mythology.

10. Spencer asked Alex to develop a virus for immortality, but it seems she failed since this isn't mentioned in the game. Why was the immortality virus dropped in favor of transferring the mind to a new body, from both an "in-universe" perspective and from a scenario writing perspective?

Comment

Damn I wanted to ask some, but I saw this thread too late.

-I'd like to know where those soldiers(mercenaries.. or whatever they are. the cheap BSAA model reskins) went to after they kidnapped Claire and Co.

-Gabe mentions "This is just like Kijuju", does this mean he was there? Possibly as a member of the BSAA?

Comment

Originally posted by -Rusty- View Post
                  -Gabe mentions "This is just like Kijuju", does this mean he was there? Possibly as a member of the BSAA?
                  That is explained in-game more or less. The overly cheesy Terrasave video in the opening movie shows members of the organization going into to help with the aftermath of the events in Kijuju... so it's likely this is what is being referenced.

Comment

Damn, i wanted go ask why the change from series veteran Alyson Court, and who is the new voice actress?

Comment

Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                      Damn, i wanted go ask why the change from series veteran Alyson Court, and who is the new voice actress?
                      Seeing as it's not a union job, they wouldn't be able to disclose that second part, but her voice is almost 100% Ali Hillis. Barry is absolutely Liam O'Brien, I hear Kain from FFIV every time he opens his mouth. Neil is Yuri Lowenthal without a doubt and Alex is clearly Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Besides that though, I can't place Moira or Natalia for the life of me.

Comment

Answers coming sometime next week.

Comment

The anticipation begins!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                            Why does the graphic violence in the series keep getting toned down?
                            +1

The heavy censorship began after RE3 and it never really recovered beyond decapitations being restored. There's been little excuse for well over the past decade so I'd also like to hear the official reason from Capcom in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                              +1

The heavy censorship began after RE3 and it never really recovered beyond decapitations being restored. There's been little excuse for well over the past decade so I'd also like to hear the official reason from Capcom in this day and age.
                              It began after RE4 I thought? RE4 was... extremely gruesome. XD But when have decapitations come back? Are they in REV2? Because I haven't seen any.

Comment

Working...
                              X