X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodborne

Anyone playing Bloodborne? Love that game and its design
    Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

I have created a Facebook and a Youtube page, where I post videos, screenshots and stuff that you may find interesting, like the German Nightmare Edition, available only in Europe: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...12985736_o.jpg
    Check my signature for the pages' links.
    Last edited by imacwesker; 04-13-2015, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Bloodborne was first named "Beast", then "Project Beast". Here is the first official teaser trailer released under the name "Project Beast", straight from Sony's archives. For whatever reason, it is quite unknown from much of the fans ;)
      Here is the very first American public teaser trailer of From Software's Project Beast (before it was renamed as Bloodborne)

Comment

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
        the German Nightmare Edition, available only in Europe: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...12985736_o.jpg
        I've got one of these. We got 'em up here in Scandinavia too, in limited numbers (and w/PEGI ratings instead of the huge ass USK ratings logo)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
          We got 'em up here in Scandinavia too
          That's cool for Northern Europe. I don't know anything about the availability of this limited edition in these countries, thought. Based on Amazon Europe, I know that Bloodborne Nightmare Edition was available only in Germany, Spain and Italy.Very strange choices, but that's what was available ;)

On a side note, I am surprised, and quite disappointed, by the overall lack of interest from the RE community, about this game. I mean, Bloodborne, feelings wise, is the closest game to RE1 so far. Be careful, I didn't say "Rebirth"; I said "RE1". Maybe that's why, Bloodborne isn't so popular among the RE fan base…
          I have been waiting almost 20 years for Capcom to make a sequel to RE1…. looks like From Software did it. My dream game. A game where I am afraid to turn a corner, because I KNOW I WILL DIE facing the next opponent. A game where the story is so convoluted and hard to understand, that anyone can come with his/her own theory… A game that the gamer must learn and understand, before he/she can master it.

I can't wait from From Software's next game!… Wait, scrap that. I don't care at all about a Bloodborne 2 or 42 or whatever! I can't wait for Hidetaka Miyazaki next game ;)
          On a side note, did i told you guys that I have a *lot* of footage of the beta of Bloodborne? When The game was neither called Bloodborne nor Project Beast? I am so into Bloodborne at the moment, I am thinking about creating a website about it (like I created SurvivHor to talk about RE's betas)

Comment

I love this game. I am currently working my way through New Game ++. It's addicting and challenging.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

On a side note, I am surprised, and quite disappointed, by the overall lack of interest from the RE community, about this game. I mean, Bloodborne, feelings wise, is the closest game to RE1 so far.
              WTF is that meant to mean. 'Feelings wise'.

How about 'reality wise' it is nothing like RE1 at all.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I just got my copy of the official guide and it is gorgeous! You can order it from amazon.com (and I assume from other stores too):

Here are a few picts:
                Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                How about 'reality wise' it is nothing like RE1 at all.
                Congrats kiddo, you just discovered what "feelings" means.

Comment

On a side note, I am surprised, and quite disappointed, by the overall lack of interest from the RE community, about this game. I mean, Bloodborne, feelings wise, is the closest game to RE1 so far. Be careful, I didn't say "Rebirth"; I said "RE1". Maybe that's why, Bloodborne isn't so popular among the RE fan base…
                  I have been waiting almost 20 years for Capcom to make a sequel to RE1…. looks like From Software did it. My dream game. A game where I am afraid to turn a corner, because I KNOW I WILL DIE facing the next opponent. A game where the story is so convoluted and hard to understand, that anyone can come with his/her own theory… A game that the gamer must learn and understand, before he/she can master it.
                  This is indeed some heavy praise...

Well, many people (naturally) who liked the Souls' games already are the same ones championing BB. I enjoyed Dark Souls, but to be honest, could never either be taken with, or excavate the admiration alot of fans have for it. I mean..enjoyed progressing through the game and completing it several times with a few different builds, but always felt I was 'missing' something as regards comparisons to many reviews. There has actually been several interesting articles in the last few years that really attempt to hone away why the series (especially with Dark Souls) ultimately amassed the cult fanbase that it did. Tell you what though-- reduced to perhaps it's base denominator, it's alot like a dark lore Zelda 1 (not ALTP, or Ocarina)- barring a few exceptions in the games, it's got the whole, 'this is flat-out adventure-- you can go pretty much anywhere whenever, if you can survive' vibe. Glad to read that you sincerely like it that much, however.

There are a number of reasons why that sequel you were secretly hoping for over the years didn't really happen- to a degree, what we see in RE1 is a product of what they could accomplish within their deadline. Alot of story was backwritten at the time that never made it in. Maybe you would agree as well...but I think 1 actually benefited more in a 'less is more' mindset than even what was added in say Remake. I don't know if it's false, but I read once that it is a Japanese philosophy of only adding what is needed to make something 'work' as well as it can- so say you have a garden, or are crafting a Bonsai tree...the minimum hedgework/tweaking needed to produce the desired effect. That really is RE1 for me in alot of ways-- it's pretty minimalistic, even compared to the other PS1 games, but seems to operate on it's own frequency. Part of it I think is just this strange synergy of early PS1-backgrounds with some of the synth sounds used ingame. Ironically, this likely would not have been the case if they had another 4-5 months and X money when making it.
                  The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

Originally posted by Burt Mustin View Post
                    Well, many people (naturally) who liked the Souls' games already are the same ones championing BB.
                    The funny thing is, I didn't like the previous games from From Software at all. My wife is a huge fan and have platinumed (is that a word?) Demon Souls and the two Dark Souls on her Playstation; she tried to get me to play them and after dying during a couple of hours, I just put the games back on their shelves and completely forgot about them, because they weren't for me. Later, I saw the various trailers of BB being build by coworkers and didn't care about them at all. The game just looked like "Devil May Cry meets Werewolves", or something
                    Facing and killing the first werewolf in BB thought reminded me facing and killing the first zombie in RE1. The same kind of panic about how to handle the character; the weapons (or lack thereof); the same kind of mystery about the location and the mood of the game; the same awe about the graphics... and in both games, it took me several tries before I succeeded, haha

Originally posted by Burt Mustin View Post
                    There are a number of reasons why that sequel you were secretly hoping for over the years didn't really happen- to a degree, what we see in RE1 is a product of what they could accomplish within their deadline.
                    Of course. I believe that constraint, of any kind, forces creative people to outsmart themselves and come with very creative ideas to bypass the limitations they are facing. The most obvious example, for me, is the use of the infamous doors animation to allow the console to load the next room. But I was more talking about a lack of suspense, dread and horror and very stupid gameplay decisions - having a typewriter for saving and herbs for healing make sense in a mansion lost in the middle of a forest; not so much in every following sequel (specially when RE1.5 prove that Capcom's development team wanted to use computers for saving and some kind of health spray for healing - both making perfect sense in an urban environment).
                    Keeping the door animation make sense to me (even if technically, I am sure the developers doesn't need them anymore) because it stays in the mood of a horror game and generate a "what is waiting to kill me in the next room?" kinda vibe. Keeping herbs and typewriters in locations where they have nothing to do reminds me that I am playing a video game, and pulls me out of the experience.
                    I am not saying that BB is a perfect game but the attention to the lore, to the backgrounds and objects details, make a coherent world. Everything fit together and seems to go in the same direction - something achieved by RE1.

Comment

Working...
                    X