Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 20th Anniversary - speculation

Hi guys!!

For the past two weeks i've been thinking: Next year RE will be 20 years old!! XD

On march 22th i celebrated the 19 years i've been playing this amazing saga!!! To me RE is a very important part in m life, i can't imagine this world without, and I know that we all have differente points of views about the new non-horror games, but still, RE is one of the best franchises in the videogame industry.

So i was wondering if anyone is also excited? Do you think next year capcom will launch a special edition?

Beacuse capcom loves money, i would say: yeah!! but overall i will be very pleased to get a special 20th anniversary edition or something like that. Also, i would love to see a new game, i don't think it will be RE7, but i hope they do something!!!

Not really. The series had an amazing 7 years at its beginning, but the last 13 have been a combination of clusterfucks and mediocrity. The Revelations series has been a lot of fun and is the way the series should be in my opinion. But even so the biggest problem that the series has fallen into since Umbrella died is that every game since 2004 has the "Warlord of the week", theres no ongoing crusade against one mysterious evil entity, just every clown who suffers from megalomania and gets his hand on a virus is now the common threat that the BSAA has to handle. This situation has become very stale, while Revelations 2 handled it better than the past few games, even then its just a recycled threat that keeps happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
      Not really. The series had an amazing 7 years at its beginning, but the last 13 have been a combination of clusterfucks and mediocrity. The Revelations series has been a lot of fun and is the way the series should be in my opinion. But even so the biggest problem that the series has fallen into since Umbrella died is that every game since 2004 has the "Warlord of the week", theres no ongoing crusade against one mysterious evil entity, just every clown who suffers from megalomania and gets his hand on a virus is now the common threat that the BSAA has to handle. This situation has become very stale, while Revelations 2 handled it better than the past few games, even then its just a recycled threat that keeps happening.
      This.. I#m fed up of BSAA being mentioned in like EVERY game, and the fact that every villain is as you said.. never more than 1 game at a time.

They need to bring back Umbrella, or something similar, and make it last over several games in a story arc (like they used to)
      Something that is truely scary, a corporation which is so powerful it can control everything - not some nutjob terrorist on a mission to destroy the world cliche which is now so overused.

Maybe make some characters who aren't BSAA trained too - involve more civilians - something like Outbreak or RE2 in this regard..
      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

You two are totally off topic you know that ?

RE-Hiro : I sure hope they do something memorable for the 20th anniversary.
        Worst case scenario would be that they are holding off Zero HD Remaster to release it as a 20th anniversary "present". That would be underwhelming.
        Best case scenario : RE7 in true survival horror form :p (with all new main protagonists and occasional returning characters as guests).
        I guess they will probably release a lot of special goodies for this special birthday, maybe an Archives III book in Japan ?

Comment

I can totally see Capcom releasing or announcing RE2 remake for the 20th anniversary.

I don't count RE7 as a possibility because I think it will be released before that date (yeah, I'm too optimistic maybe).

Comment

Maybe a game where you find out Umbrella was but a tiny branch to an even larger super corporation. This super corporation owning several smaller pharmaceutical companies. Just my two cents.

Comment

Grem : RE2make would definitely be the most logical choice for a 20th anniversary, in theory at least. But I really hope they won't do it.

As for RE7, a release in Q4 2015 is quite unlikely. We are already in April, they would have announced it already by now.
              I think that early 2016 is the earliest date we can expect. An announcement in June for E3 for a release in March 2016 sounds plausible to me.
              Last edited by Sly; 04-15-2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I think they will realese RE7 or RE Zero HD remaster for the 20 anniversary. Hope they surprise us with someting much impresive.
                ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

Probably nothing, like the 15th anniversary.

"Here are some games you know about releasing at some later point! Thx for 15 years"
                  Last edited by Dracarys; 04-15-2015, 12:34 PM.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    Grem : RE2make would definitely be the most logical choice for a 20th anniversary, in theory at least. But I really hope they won't do it.

As for RE7, a release in Q4 2015 is quite unlikely. We are already in April, they would have announced it already by now.
                    I think that early 2016 is the earliest date we can expect. An announcement in June for E3 for a release in March 2016 sounds plausible to me.
                    Why would it be impossible? RE6 was announced at E3 2012 and not only was announced for a November release, but was even pushed ahead a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                      Probably nothing, like the 15th anniversary.

"Here are some games you know about releasing at some later point! Thx for 15 years"
                      I think it'd be more like "Thanks for all the money! Go fuck yourselves!"
                      Last edited by Wrathborne; 04-15-2015, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                        Why would it be impossible? RE6 was announced at E3 2012 and not only was announced for a November release, but was even pushed ahead a month.
                        It was announced in January.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Sly
                          I still think a December release is possible And it has to be. I want RE7 for my birthday haha

Comment

Working...
                          X